Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

The only reason people that hate the leafs hate them so much is because the leafs get a stupid amount of coverage and media attention compared to the team they do like. I watch sportscenter and 90% of the show is the leafs.Connected is not much better most of the time. Noone from western canada gives a rats ass about the leafs. We care about the Oilers, Flames and Canucks.I'd bet all the leafs hate in canada would slow down if TSN and RSN covered the other teams a litle more and the leafs less
Even worse: when the Leafs have road trips out west they'll have to do stupid things like have 5pm EST (weeknight) gametimes for the television audiences out east. Not all that common, obv, but they'll bitch about it for years.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Just when you thought thing couldnt get worse , they get worse.Too bad Serge isnt around to comment.It really is unbeliavable what transpired in that game.How is it time after time, the refs miss obvious plays against the Leafs to cost them games...The Carolina player gets sticked in the face by his OWN player and White gets a 4 minute penalty.Then just like a script White scores to go up with less than 30 seconds to go, but oh wait 2 seconds left game tied.The shootout isnt even close, its like the Leafs arent 94 miles behind the NHL in shootout prowess.Wow this is really bad.

The only reason people that hate the leafs hate them so much is because the leafs get a stupid amount of coverage and media attention compared to the team they do like. I watch sportscenter and 90% of the show is the leafs.Connected is not much better most of the time. Noone from western canada gives a rats ass about the leafs. We care about the Oilers, Flames and Canucks.I'd bet all the leafs hate in canada would slow down if TSN and RSN covered the other teams a litle more and the leafs less
I understand what you are saying, the Leafs do get a lot of coverage, and I might grow to resent it too if I were a fan of another team. However, saying that nobody in Western Canada cares about the leafs is not only completely untrue, it is completely missing the point. Do you really think the Networks focus on the Leafs because they are run by a bunch of ignorant, bias Leafs fans? Come on man, the Leafs are the most popular team in Canada, and the media coverage reflects that. And yes, there are a LOT of Leafs fans in calgary, vancouver, edmonton, saskatchewan, etc..
Just when you thought thing couldnt get worse , they get worse.Too bad Serge isnt around to comment.It really is unbeliavable what transpired in that game.How is it time after time, the refs miss obvious plays against the Leafs to cost them games...The Carolina player gets sticked in the face by his OWN player and White gets a 4 minute penalty.Then just like a script White scores to go up with less than 30 seconds to go, but oh wait 2 seconds left game tied.The shootout isnt even close, its like the Leafs arent 94 miles behind the NHL in shootout prowess.Wow this is really bad.
I agree the penalty was bad, but the Leafs would have found a way to lose this one anyway. They played a horrendous game after they went up 3-0. Gusto looked shaky, even before he started letting in goals. They are finding ways to lose right now, simple as that.
Even worse: when the Leafs have road trips out west they'll have to do stupid things like have 5pm EST (weeknight) gametimes for the television audiences out east. Not all that common, obv, but they'll bitch about it for years.
Yes, this is dumb. But this is just a reflection on the power that MLSE wields (rightfully or wrongfully) over the NHL. This, like the media overexposure, is not a reflection of the players on the team or the fans of the team. Leafs haters do not differentiate though, and it just becomes more ammunition for them.
Yes, this is dumb. But this is just a reflection on the power that MLSE wields (rightfully or wrongfully) over the NHL. This, like the media overexposure, is not a reflection of the players on the team or the fans of the team. Leafs haters do not differentiate though, and it just becomes more ammunition for them.
So.. don't hate the Leafs, hate MLSE??psssst: MLSE = Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd

It has nothing to do with the Leafs or MLSE. It has to do with ratings and the fact that the Leafs still get the highest ratings of any team and even when they're playing out West CBC wants them to be the 7PM game in the East and I don't think they do other than on weekends and Holidays.

I understand what you are saying, the Leafs do get a lot of coverage, and I might grow to resent it too if I were a fan of another team. However, saying that nobody in Western Canada cares about the leafs is not only completely untrue, it is completely missing the point. Do you really think the Networks focus on the Leafs because they are run by a bunch of ignorant, bias Leafs fans? Come on man, the Leafs are the most popular team in Canada, and the media coverage reflects that. And yes, there are a LOT of Leafs fans in calgary, vancouver, edmonton, saskatchewan, etc..
I did not say noone in wester canada lieks them because that is not true, their are thousands of people from eastern canada working in fort mac alone. Thats why I said from western canada, not in western canada.
Thats why I said from western canada, not in western canada.
lol, what?So, i was born in Newmarket, ON. I lived there till I was 8. I have lived the previous 17 years in Western Canada. Sooooo, am I just 'in' Western Canada and not 'from' there?Leafs are probably also the most popular team in Saskatchewan, among people who have lived there their entire life.

Can the Leafs not host a game without a fkin half hour tribute to a bunch of guys who never won anything and no one cares about?--edit LOL elliot friedman, "they lead the league in ceremonies, if not victories"

WOW..I am not coming back to Canada..The Leafs win in a shootout and the Habs lose..WOW..Great game by the boys.

WOW..I am not coming back to Canada..The Leafs win in a shootout and the Habs lose..WOW..Great game by the boys.
um..... serge, can you please edit this? you are now on a 'nothing good about the leafs and nothing bad about any other teams' week to pay your bet.. and please, no alias cheating. Be an honorable loser..... :club:
Did anyone watch this game? That is a lot of rubber in one night.They must have been shooting from everywhere.
I saw the whole game except for the Kessel goal (getting beer and not for me). I thought they played with alot of energy as the game continue. The ACC also had energy (in my opinion).Unfortunately the Islanders don't consider the Leafs much of an opponent putting a 40 year old goalie in net. BTW. Rolly the goalie did play an awesome game as reflected by the 61 shots on net.
I don't feel like you guys talk about how good Hagman is enough. What a player.
Hagman has been unbelievable lately. Hopefully he can keep it up.BTW, for anyone who is interested:Friday Dec. 4th10 AM - 4 PMLeafs/Marlies Used Equipment Saleat Centresports ACC I went to the one in May and picked up Tlusty gloves ($25), Van Ryn gloves ($25), 4 pairs of white game used socks ($2 each) and shoulder pads ($5). Was hoping to get the gloves auto but no more Van Ryn. Should be able to get Tlusty one day. They do have some Domenic Moore game used sticks for $100 during the game. I hope those are on sale for $50 since I don't have to cut them and I can use them for my games.Before I forget. Leafs Win. Leafs Win. Leafs Win.

Probably our best game of the year last night. I hope Gustavvson is going to be ok. Both him and Joey Mac played well last night. Although our defensive game was excellent; there were very few second chance oppurtunities.

Probably our best game of the year last night. I hope Gustavvson is going to be ok. Both him and Joey Mac played well last night. Although our defensive game was excellent; there were very few second chance oppurtunities.
Just wondering when you started working for MLSE?