• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Its been a great week to be a Leafs fan..Even Damien and Howard are praising the team..Chris and Dale havent made any posts as they have conveniently disappeared over the last few days.. :club: So we have made a complete 180 in our play...However its not like there arent reasons for it..We were losing games because of bad goaltending, bad defence and terrible penalty kill..And with no threat to score like Kessel, we werent burying our chances..One player isnt the answer but the attitude spreads across the team...The question is which team will we see the rest of the year? The terribly brutal team we saw in the first 7 games, or the playoff team that can compete with anyone that we have seen the last 8 games??Obviously the real team is somewhere in between...However as we know there is a concrete reason for the brutal start...We have addressed the issue in goal , as the Monster has been amazing. Our sniper(and man he really is a sniper) is back in the lineup. Our defence has been playing as advertised the past 7 games...I think we can chalk it up to, learning to play a new system with new teammates..Komisarek and Beauchemin have been much better.As we put together decent effort game after game, we are distancing ourselves from that "other team" that lost 8 in a row. It goes to show you how important it is to have solid experienced people behind the bench and in the front office. It would of been real easy as its been done before:-fire the coach.-demote your star players-make a knee jerk tradeWhile its still premature to think we will make a deep run into the playoffs, its definetely a very good possibility the way we have played recently.Kessel has been amazing. We havent had a player of this skill in here in a long time..Sundin in his early career, and Doug Gilmour compare..But the speed, the shot, the natural ability to relase the puck is just fun to watch.And while the nay sayers will always be upset with Burke for trading the 2 1st round picks its obvious why he did.Kessel will be a huge part of this team for the next 5 years at least...While the 17 year old and the 16 year old that the Bruins will draft with the picks is at home worrying about his acne and if he will ever be an NHL player.

OK sorry, but COME ON!Ok you keep mentioning your first 7 games. So 0-6-1 Your next 8 games 3-1-4So how do you get "playoff team" from 3-1-4? You still lost 5 of 8 games. That won't win you any playoff series nor will it get guarantee you get in the playoffs if you maintain this pace. Try winning like 5 of 8 before you get too crazy.

OK sorry, but COME ON!Ok you keep mentioning your first 7 games. So 0-6-1 Your next 8 games 3-1-4So how do you get "playoff team" from 3-1-4? You still lost 5 of 8 games. That won't win you any playoff series nor will it get guarantee you get in the playoffs if you maintain this pace. Try winning like 5 of 8 before you get too crazy.
You didnt read my post obv..Toskala and MacDonald were in net for most of the losses...There was no Kessel and the defence was brutal while they were adjusting..its not like its the same team ...I have watched every game and the difference in play from the beginning slump to now is night and day..
I haven't been hiding. My son has been sick with the flu... more important things than this to deal with.... I still think the leafs suck though.... :club:
I know how that feels..We were home all weekend with Adrian as he has had it too..Finally over it today..Not fun to have a sick 4 year old..Hope he feels better soon
mulligan
I thought they had been playing well until this game, and they simply didn't show up for the Wild. Looks like they expected Gustavsson to win it for them. On a brighter note, Serge, that officially mathematicall eliminates you from our '15 points in 10 games' wager. When would you like to start your one week of saying nothing good about the leaves and nothing bad about anyone else?
Im gonna guess just before he goes on vacation....
this..Ill start the week from November 21 to November 28..Thanks
ill still be on the forum dont worry..
I think with your curse luck, and the bad karma you are flirting with by not paying immediately.... the week you pick the leafs will go on a big winning streak and the Pens and Habs will both be caught in transvestite hooker scandals...... :club:
I think with your curse luck, and the bad karma you are flirting with by not paying immediately.... the week you pick the leafs will go on a big winning streak and the Pens and Habs will both be caught in transvestite hooker scandals...... :club:
lol...you never know...Ironically the last time I went away, I was in Aruba where the big rumours of scandal came out against the habs.
I'm feeling strangely confident about tonight's game.GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
me too...This is the type of game we should lose but we will come up with a solid effort..
the refs should go **** a cow..a blind ****ing cow..**** u
I know how you feel. Had a couple of games the habs lost that i would love to blame the refs. At least you have a handful of reasons to blame the lost on if the leafs don't come back in the game. Refs, no home-ice advantages, Toskala, etc.
I know how you feel. Had a couple of games the habs lost that i would love to blame the refs. At least you have a handful of reasons to blame the lost on if the leafs don't come back in the game. Refs, no home-ice advantages, Toskala, etc.
It was an obvious goal..The puck went in...If on the ice they call it like they should the video crew wont over turn it..Toskala played a great game, probably his best game this year..same old story..We start playing after we get down big..Kessel is amazing and he will break Rick Vaive's goal scoring record in the next few years.
It was an obvious goal..The puck went in...If on the ice they call it like they should the video crew wont over turn it..Toskala played a great game, probably his best game this year..same old story..We start playing after we get down big..Kessel is amazing and he will break Rick Vaive's goal scoring record in the next few years.
How can you say that was an obvious goal? I've never seen the replay take so long as that one last night. I don't think it was the Leafs starting to play when you were down big, more like the Hawks relaxed when they were up big. Not something a team should do in todays NHL, even against the Leafs.

I saw nothing conclusive showing the goal was in. I didn't even see that it was 'logically' in as the announcers did. Looked like it probably went it, but far from obvious IMO. Considering the original call was a no-goal, I don't think they made the wrong decision.Nice to see Kessel pick up two more on his way to 700 goals.