Michael Vick

He spends his days shielding large corporations from litigation...from what I understand, his experience defending canine analrapists is limited.
Tell him to substitute the word canine with consumer...He'll probably have preprinted forms ready.
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been reinstated.Raiders calling?People who say he deserves a "Second Chance" or equate his crimes to the actions of others are missing a very important point - Football is about entertainment. If enough people are not happy with a team or the NFL for giving the guy a job, then it might not be a great idea to give the monster a job. I don't want to see someone I consider to be a pathetic human being "entertain" me, no matter how gifted he is at his sport. Does he have a right to go back to society and earn a living? Yes. Does it have to be on the Football field? Not necessarily.People lose their jobs all the time over certain infractions, but not others. A trucker convicted of drunk driving may need to find a new line of business but be able to keep his job even of other more heinous Felony convictions wouldn’t result in the same fate. I am not saying that Federal Dog Fighting Charges are the worst infraction you can commit. Nor is the Felony Conviction a direct barrier to him being able to perform his on field work. However, in the grand scheme of what is the man’s job – it may be an insurmountable barrier.

He's been reinstated.Raiders calling?People who say he deserves a "Second Chance" or equate his crimes to the actions of others are missing a very important point - Football is about entertainment.
And Michael Vick, when he was suspended, was the most entertaining player to watch in the game. Owners might be gunshy in hiring vick, because of the backlash.. but I'll tell you one thing, for every one viewer a team might lose because of vick, they will gain 5 people who will watch out of sheer curiousity/watching the train wreck. The bottom line is, the NFL is much bigger than the crimes of any one player, and Vick joining a team could only movie the needle towards more viewers, not less.
And Michael Vick, when he was suspended, was the most entertaining player to watch in the game. Owners might be gunshy in hiring vick, because of the backlash.. but I'll tell you one thing, for every one viewer a team might lose because of vick, they will gain 5 people who will watch out of sheer curiousity/watching the train wreck. The bottom line is, the NFL is much bigger than the crimes of any one player, and Vick joining a team could only movie the needle towards more viewers, not less.
That means that there are 10 people going to watch to replace me and my wife. I've never rooted for someone to get hurt, but I will look forward to an SportsCenter highlight of Vick's career ender.
That means that there are 10 people going to watch to replace me and my wife. I've never rooted for someone to get hurt, but I will look forward to an SportsCenter highlight of Vick's career ender.
:club:
  • 3 weeks later...
I guess that now that he has signed with the Eagles we are just that much closer to an on field horrific injury.
from a fan throwing batteries at him?
from a fan throwing batteries at him?
First time that Vick coughs up a ball or scrambles for negative yards he is going to be buried under a mound of D-Cells.I never understood the throwing batteries thing. Is it easier to bring batteries into the stadium than rocks?Cubs fans are trying to wrestle the "Most Classless Fans" title away from Philly Fans.
First time that Vick coughs up a ball or scrambles for negative yards he is going to be buried under a mound of D-Cells.I never understood the throwing batteries thing. Is it easier to bring batteries into the stadium than rocks?Cubs fans are trying to wrestle the "Most Classless Fans" title away from Philly Fans.
Cubs fans have a mighty uphill battle on that front. Ask Santa or Michael Irvin.I guess batteries are easier than rocks. Who knows? I lived in Philly for 4 years....I love sports....and I still dont get anything about how Philly sports fans operate. A crazy bunch.If Vick plays more than very sparingly this year, I would be surprised (unless McNabb goes down then who knows.....Kevin Kolb was a 2nd round pick).
True.But Cubs Fans picked up a couple of votes by dumping a beer on Victorino the other day.
Who made the catch, of course :-)))And that guy who tossed the beer was a schlub.
True.But Cubs Fans picked up a couple of votes by dumping a beer on Victorino the other day.
That was outrageous and that fan should be banned for life and prosecuted. So over the line......but Cubs fans in general have a good reputation that I think is deserved. I think this was just one bad apple.Philly fans are passionate and a good amount are knowledgable but they have whole groves of bad apples. When I went to Penn, I figured I would adopt some philly franchises as my "2nd" teams (obviously I am a Miami guy through and through) but after a couple years there I hated all philly teams more than I did when I arrived.
I was a tech up until a month ago and I'm starting vet school in a month. So right now I'm neither.
I loved you more when I thought you were just a weirdo who loved animals.I guess that isn't really untrue, but I will love you less if you find gainful employment in that area.
  • 10 months later...