Prima Poker skinNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $102.52UTG+1: $31.19CO: $68.90Hero: $83.73SB: $58.93BB: $26.39Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with T :D T :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero raises to $2, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: 8 :) 3 :club: A :D ($6.25, 3 players)BB bets $0.5, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls $0.5 (pot was $7.25).Turn: J :D ($7.75, 3 players)BB bets $1.11, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $1.11 (pot was $8.86).River: K :) ($9.97, 2 players)BB bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.5 (pot was $10.47).Results:Final pot: $10.97BB shows 3s 3hEven though I am spewing money at prima, I love the players there. I raise this flop with air or with an ace. I thought I'd call here and see what developed.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case I'm a bit lost.It seems like you have two different dbs.What site are you playing on?
Starsi made a post on the PokerEV forums but i'm positive i just continued the same db when i bought it
Okay, so the idea for the staking contest...Anyone who wants to enter picks a horse and stakes them to 10 4.40s. We do a side bet of 50 dollars. Total investment: 100 bucks.
Yeah, I think cash games will be better. There have been plenty MTT/SNG stake challeges on this site, but little in the way of cash games. IMO, it should go something like this: $100 buy-in, for each staker. $75 goes to the horse/$25 goes to prop bets.Horses have one week to make as much as they can, then split profits 50/50 with stacker + stakeback.Possible side prop bets:50% to staker with biggest profit10% to horse with biggest profit10% to staker who's horse goes busto first10% ... help me thing of someWe should start a new thread (probably in gen strat), where horses can apply, and then stakers will hold a draft.Let me know what you guys think.

I am down for the staking thingDealt to No_Neck [Ah Ad] No_Neck - Raises $1.25 to $1.50XPOH1 - Raises $5 to $5.50No_Neck - Calls $4*** FLOP *** [8h 3s Js]XPOH1 - Bets $8No_Neck - Raises $20 to $20XPOH1 - Raises $74.05 to $82.05No_Neck - Raises $144.10 to $164.10XPOH1 - All-In $0.50No_Neck - returned ($81.55) : not called*** TURN *** [8h 3s Js] [4s]*** RIVER *** [8h 3s Js 4s] [Kh]*** SHOW DOWN ***XPOH1 - Shows [Ac Jh] (One pair, jacks) No_Neck - Shows [Ah Ad] (One pair, aces) No_Neck Collects $175.60 from main potthis guy just paid for it :club:

Yeah, I prefer cash, but Tim lead me to believe that it wouldn't be as popular an idea. Why do I listen to that guy? He always leads me in the wrong direction.I definitely like the idea of 75 dollars, but I think longer than one week. I don't want a newer player to feel obligated to play bigger than he's staked in order to move up. Actually, we could set a 30 buy in minimum. If you play outside your roll, you're DQ'ed?Also, I don't like the draft idea. I think we should all just recruit our players in our own ways. I basically want to make all the people who are interested write essays about how awesome I am and why Otis the Pug, King of Pugs is, in fact, King of Pugs.

LOL
I like the 30 buyin thing... but it's only $75, what the hell can they buy in to?I say 5 buy-in minimum, let's gambooooool a little. That way they can start right at $10max with a little cushion.I also like essay idea. I'm a little more lenient. They have the option to write an essay on Ginobili, Bdawk, Ginobili and Bdawk, or write 4 lesson plans on the British Industrial Revolution. gogogogogogo
I like the 30 buyin thing... but it's only $75, what the hell can they buy in to?I say 5 buy-in minimum, let's gambooooool a little. That way they can start right at $10max with a little cushion.I also like essay idea. I'm a little more lenient. They have the option to write an essay on Ginobili, Bdawk, Ginobili and Bdawk, or write 4 lesson plans on the British Industrial Revolution. gogogogogogo
Essays? Fuck no, at least Naismith's. Yours I don't mind so much. The Industrial Revolution in Britain is easy.
Yeah, I prefer cash, but Tim lead me to believe that it wouldn't be as popular an idea. Why do I listen to that guy? He always leads me in the wrong direction.I definitely like the idea of 75 dollars, but I think longer than one week. I don't want a newer player to feel obligated to play bigger than he's staked in order to move up. Actually, we could set a 30 buy in minimum. If you play outside your roll, you're DQ'ed?Also, I don't like the draft idea. I think we should all just recruit our players in our own ways. I basically want to make all the people who are interested write essays about how awesome I am and why Otis the Pug, King of Pugs is, in fact, King of Pugs.
Umm... I like the idea of players playing bigger then they ussually play, sure bankroll managment is important in this game (espeically if you are playing on someone elses money), but this isn't a real steak. If you wanna help someone in a long term stacking situation, there is normally going to be more money involved and probably a private affair between the two parties. If someone doesn't feel comfertable playing on someone elses money for stakes out of their normal game, they probably should just not apply. As for the length of time, a week was just a general idea it can be changed, but I wasn't thinking this was going to be a longer term thing. I also like the idea of people writing essays and it should be required for all participents. The legth

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Button ($9)SB ($26)BB ($110.25)UTG ($50)Hero ($61.50)CO ($49.75)Preflop: Hero is MP with Q :club: , Q :) . 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.Flop: ($6) 4 :D , 2 :D , Q :D(3 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3, BB raises to $13, Hero raises to $59.5, SB folds, BB calls $46.50.Turn: ($128) 6 :D(2 players)River: ($128) T :)(2 players)Final Pot: $128BB has 2c 4d (two pair, fours and twos). Hero has Qd Qc (three of a kind, queens). Outcome: Hero wins $128. i running good

Also, I don't like the draft idea. I think we should all just recruit our players in our own ways. I basically want to make all the people who are interested write essays about how awesome I am and why Otis the Pug, King of Pugs is, in fact, King of Pugs.
lol

Okay...75 dollars to the runner, two weeks in NL cash games. Let's say the max they can play is 10NL unless they double. If they double, they can move up...so, move up every time they have 7.5 buy ins? LOL. BANKROLL MANAGEMENT!!!!We have to have our guy picked by next Friday (?). 25 dollars for a side bet with some percentage going to the winner (me) and a percentage going to the runner (although he is getting staked, so eff him).Runners have to agree to frequently post updates. Want to have a hail mary rule? If someone is way out of it with time running down, they can sit at any level they want? :)Who all is in?

Okay...75 dollars to the runner, two weeks in NL cash games. Let's say the max they can play is 10NL unless they double. If they double, they can move up...so, move up every time they have 7.5 buy ins? LOL. BANKROLL MANAGEMENT!!!!We have to have our guy picked by next Friday (?). 25 dollars for a side bet with some percentage going to the winner (me) and a percentage going to the runner (although he is getting staked, so eff him).Runners have to agree to frequently post updates. Want to have a hail mary rule? If someone is way out of it with time running down, they can sit at any level they want? :)Who all is in?
In.
Okay...75 dollars to the runner, two weeks in NL cash games. Let's say the max they can play is 10NL unless they double. If they double, they can move up...so, move up every time they have 7.5 buy ins? LOL. BANKROLL MANAGEMENT!!!!We have to have our guy picked by next Friday (?). 25 dollars for a side bet with some percentage going to the winner (me) and a percentage going to the runner (although he is getting staked, so eff him).Runners have to agree to frequently post updates. Want to have a hail mary rule? If someone is way out of it with time running down, they can sit at any level they want? :club: Who all is in?
This is fine for me. Though maybe BR managment could be made up between staker and staked, but if we want to have uniform rules, thats ok. I think we should make an offical thread for this at some point, once we get the rules settled.