• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I make this point a LOT when talking about hands. If someone makes a random play for no reaason it's terrible. If they make that play for a specific reason it's a good play.There was a hand recently on a HU CR video where Hero called a 3-bet with T9s against a guy that hadn't been very active to that point, and the flop came T34hh or something like it. Villain led out and Hero made the decision to overraise (about 1/2 his stack). Reason being, he was trying to rep a draw and thought he would get shoved on extremely lightly because of it. Villain shoved with 74s and Hero doubled. If he was making that raise just because he had top pair then it's a really bad and spewy move. (It was the Ezra vid with BT and TC commentating/advising)
Yeah. They even discussed in the hand how it wasn't necessarily a hugely +EV move or anything, but that the way they were playing it, they expected to have him shove worse and they were advertising for future plays.It's an incredibly important point to make IMO. It's like, when I call down a 3 barrel with A high, it's not a great play, but I can explain to you why I'm doing it and why I think it's gonna show a profit. When a calling station calls down with A high in the same exact spot against the same exact opponent, it's a bad play because they're calling becuase that's what they want to do, not because they have a read on their opponent and are thinking about their range and the likelyhood that they're bluffing.
Why are you more aggressive on the river than the turn?That's a big sign of somebody who's trapping a lot imo
i dunno it's odd i know that. i think i opt for pot control too often and take free cards.
i dunno it's odd i know that. i think i opt for pot control too often and take free cards.
This is what your play is most indicative of. You play a selectively aggro game, but limp too much. Overall that will be a leak against more observant players because they will isolate you when you are OOP. You also are probably playing too many hands passively thinking if you hit the flop hard you'll get the money in. Try raising or reraising more often than limping with hands like 56ss and q10ss things like those. It'll be a little more swingy but you'll have way more control over the table, and more importantly, win more money.
Basically, you're loose passive.Tighten up. VPIP of 29 is going to be very hard to play profitably. The fact that your PFR is less than 1/2 your PFR is bad. You really need to stop calling so much.Stop playing so many hands from the SB. That's a pretty big leak.W$WSF is terribly low, and is a result of your low aggression. An AF of 1 is too low. You're probably trapping too much, and you're definitely calling too much. Passive preflop leads to passive postflop. Start fighting for more pots. This is also represented in our W$SD stat being pretty high.Do you have PokerEV? If not, download it and post your graph.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=2446262Have a glance through that, and see if you can spot anything else.
your awesome man and that linked post was great as well. my position stats are jacked as well.SB is definitely my biggest leak my VPIP from that position is 62% rest are below 24%i have downloaded PokerEV but i need help using it as it's only downloading 1000 hands
This is what your play is most indicative of. You play a selectively aggro game, but limp too much. Overall that will be a leak against more observant players because they will isolate you when you are OOP. You also are probably playing too many hands passively thinking if you hit the flop hard you'll get the money in. Try raising or reraising more often than limping with hands like 56ss and q10ss things like those. It'll be a little more swingy but you'll have way more control over the table, and more importantly, win more money.
i swear i hardly limp at all. i raise 56s and TQs and the likes from multiple positions. i don't get how this number can be soooooooo low. although i never 3-bet hands like this.
i swear i hardly limp at all. i raise 56s and TQs and the likes from multiple positions. i don't get how this number can be soooooooo low. although i never 3-bet hands like this.
Your VPIP/PFR gap probably comes with things like calling raises with pairs and suited connectors.Your SB play will affect that a lot too.
Your VPIP/PFR gap probably comes with things like calling raises with pairs and suited connectors.Your SB play will affect that a lot too.
yeah if i eliminate SB VPIP goes down to around 21% and i do call a ton of raises with pairs. is set mining against relatively deep stacks a leak?can you help me get all my hands into PokerEV it's only downloading 1000 for some reason?it's actually only downloading the 1000 hands from one day when i had the free trial of PT
SB is definitely my biggest leak my VPIP from that position is 62% rest are below 24%s
Yeah, that's horrible.Stop completing with trash. If it folds to you, raise or fold. If there is one limper, don't feel obligated to call with anything because it's 1/2 a bet. If you wouldn't call on the button with it you don't need to call from the SB with it generally.
yeah if i eliminate SB VPIP goes down to around 21% and i do call a ton of raises with pairs. is set mining against relatively deep stacks a leak?can you help me get all my hands into PokerEV it's only downloading 1000 for some reason?
Make sure you have it processing all of your hands, not just "today from 6am".EDIT: Calling OOP with small pairs isn't generally profitable. I 3-bet or fold them mostly.
You obviously limp A LOT more than you think you do. Also, the amount you're playing from the SB would have an impact on that. You should play the fewest hands from the SB out of any position.
Make sure you have it processing all of your hands, not just "today from 6am".EDIT: Calling OOP with small pairs isn't generally profitable. I 3-bet or fold them mostly.
I did it's downloading all hands from Feb 5th when i had the free trial of PT for 1000 hands i don't know how to get the rest of the hands.
You obviously limp A LOT more than you think you do. Also, the amount you're playing from the SB would have an impact on that. You should play the fewest hands from the SB out of any position.
IDK, at a lot of passive table you can be completing with a wideish range if there are regularly a couple of limpers. At an aggro table it's very true though.
yeah if i eliminate SB VPIP goes down to around 21% and i do call a ton of raises with pairs. is set mining against relatively deep stacks a leak?can you help me get all my hands into PokerEV it's only downloading 1000 for some reason?
Are you sure you are on your name? And did you select the right database? I know that sounds like I'm talking down to you, but I'm not!Callings with pps OOP against stacks that aren't at least 100bbs deep is a leak. Even at 100bb stacks it's a leak unless you are pretty certain that the villain is going to lose his whole stack. Generally if someone 10/6/3 raises I will call with a PP but if they are 27/19/1.5 I won't. If they are a nit, that means they are raising AK and big PPs, so they will likely lose a lot of money when you outflop them, with the Lags they will simply fold to the C/R or lead out or w/e unless they hit solid.
i really don't think that i do. i raise and call 3-bets or reraise but i swear i don't think that i limp hardly at all. i do think i limp small pps 22-55 too much though from EP.
I did it's downloading all hands from Feb 5th when i had the free trial of PT for 1000 hands i don't know how to get the rest of the hands.
Do you have two databases? One that you have the 15k hands on and one that you have the 1k on?
i really don't think that i do. i raise and call 3-bets or reraise but i swear i don't think that i limp hardly at all. i do think i limp small pps 22-55 too much though from EP.
If you never limp, it probably wouldn't be a leak. So just raise those up and you should probably stop calling raises pf. That might be where the problem is, raise them more, fold them more, and mix in calling.I think it's important to have calling a raise be your change up, not raising it.
Are you sure you are on your name? And did you select the right database? I know that sounds like I'm talking down to you, but I'm not!Callings with pps OOP against stacks that aren't at least 100bbs deep is a leak. Even at 100bb stacks it's a leak unless you are pretty certain that the villain is going to lose his whole stack. Generally if someone 10/6/3 raises I will call with a PP but if they are 27/19/1.5 I won't. If they are a nit, that means they are raising AK and big PPs, so they will likely lose a lot of money when you outflop them, with the Lags they will simply fold to the C/R or lead out or w/e unless they hit solid.
yeah i'm on the right data base. i'm shocked and appalled by my SB numbers. it is the only position that i am in the red (-376). i'm new to PT and i thought i played a TAG game and i feel that i play a rather tight game but i am mistaken i think.
Do you have two databases? One that you have the 15k hands on and one that you have the 1k on?
no when i bought PT i just continued on the same db. i only have one to click on the first page of EV.
yeah i'm on the right data base. i'm shocked and appalled by my SB numbers. it is the only position that i am in the red (-376). i'm new to PT and i thought i played a TAG game and i feel that i play a rather tight game but i am mistaken i think.
A VPIP of about 23+ is considered somewhat loose.