Pokerstars Account Security

Anybody else get this email? Not sure if I should do it or not.

Dear TimWakefield,As part of our efforts to keep customer accounts as secure as possible, PokerStars is introducing a new security feature. We have selected you for this notification as we are aware that your account contains a substantial bankroll, and would like to offer this new service to you ahead of the anticipated rollout date for the entire site.In addition to your PokerStars password, we can now issue you with an extra login credential known as a "Secure ID". This is a randomly generated 7 digit code that you will be asked to enter each time you access your PokerStars account. The Secure ID will provide a secondary layer of authentication, helping to protect your account against unauthorized access. We therefore strongly recommend that you make use of this feature.If you wish to be issued with a Secure ID, please reply to this email and we will then make the appropriate updates to your account and send the Secure ID to your registered email address.PokerStars’ commitment to safety and security is second to none, so if you have any questions about this new feature or would like more information, simply respond to this email and we will be glad to address any concerns you may have.Regards,PokerStars Security Team
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a way to keep bots from logging in...it dont know much about bots but i never imagined them to be logging in and then picking their own tables so I'm not exactly sure what this does...

It's not a scam. I've talked w/support and its legit. I personally don't think it will make my account much more secure, but every little bit helps. I definitely appreciate Stars making an effort to increase security.

I have one of these for my paypal account for when i sometimes keep money in my paypal acct.It makes it nearly impossible for someone to hack ur account because they would need to get their hands on your specific little mechanism thing as well as knowing your password

It's not a scam. I've talked w/support and its legit. I personally don't think it will make my account much more secure, but every little bit helps. I definitely appreciate Stars making an effort to increase security.
That's funny cause I logged into your account earlier and was donkin around no hassle.