Newbie Looking For Advice!

Hello Folks,Just joined FCP the other day and am really pizzed that I waited so long to get here! Seems like a great way to learn the game and looks like there are a bunch of really cool people on here that I am looking forward to getting to know!I only discovered the game 2 years ago when I was invited to a weekly home game and was instantly addicted! The first online poker site I joined was Jetset poker which was really good for freerolls and had built my bankroll up to $150.00 when they shutdown due to the stupid internet gambling law! Never did get that $$ from them but since it was theirs anyway I didn't care too much!So have since been playing on FTP and they do have some freerolls but with 2700 players entering and only 27 places paid have yet to win any $$$ So my question is, What sites offer the best and most freerolls for someone like me who wants to build a bankroll through this method?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to the OP here at all, but am I the only one who's instantly suspicious of a "new" member who already has an avatar, quote and a link to his blog before they've even made their first post?

IF your serious about poker. Playing freerolls shouldnt be something your concerned with.

No offense to the OP here at all, but am I the only one who's instantly suspicious of a "new" member who already has an avatar, quote and a link to his blog before they've even made their first post?
True that, whats up with that OP?
are you saying he's some sort of cyborg from the future with super human quoting and linking abilities?
Not sure what you mean by suspicious!I spent the last couple of days reading some threads and learning the features available! Anyway am not asking for money just want to know the best sitesfor me to join to win some is all!

It's all good - and I wasn't saying you're shady or anything like that. Just usually takes newbs a bit of time to get an avatar, etc. I know it took me a while to bother.Stick around, post, etc. Look for stakeament threads. For freerolls, look to the smaller sites. The money in them will be less, but so too will the number of players.As someone else said though - if you're serious about poker don't play freerolls. They're not poker. Deposit some money, even 20 or 50 bucks. Try some small sit n' go tourneys or 4.40 180man's etc.Freerolls suck.

While freerolls are indeed a tough way to start a bankroll and you will probably get pretty frustrated, I wouldn't say that you have to deposit to be serious about poker. A number of well-known internet players started their accounts through freerolls. That said, do not play the freerolls on Tilt. Beating 2700 players to win $15 is a gigantic rip-off. Look for other sites.

As someone else said though - if you're serious about poker don't play freerolls. They're not poker. Deposit some money, even 20 or 50 bucks. Try some small sit n' go tourneys or 4.40 180man's etc.Freerolls suck.
Good advice. And then TP/MM.

Well, at best freerolls are a tedious way to make some money, at worst a waste of time - you won't learn much and you're unlikely to win money.I think there are sites that give you a couple $ for free just for signing up - I don't have a link available, but maybe someone else here could tell you details. I think that would be a better start than freerolls.

okay, so you want to be a freeroller.

• doyle's room, you're canadian so it'll work and their new network has $1k freerolls, a much better payday for going deep.
  • absolute poker, various freerolls and my best 'freeroll to money' site, went from $0 to over $700 without a deposit.

It's all good - and I wasn't saying you're shady or anything like that. Just usually takes newbs a bit of time to get an avatar, etc. I know it took me a while to bother.Stick around, post, etc. Look for stakeament threads. For freerolls, look to the smaller sites. The money in them will be less, but so too will the number of players.As someone else said though - if you're serious about poker don't play freerolls. They're not poker. Deposit some money, even 20 or 50 bucks. Try some small sit n' go tourneys or 4.40 180man's etc.Freerolls suck.
True dat, freerolls do suck and it can be really hard way to do it, but for now it is my only option so if you can suggest some other sitesit would really be appreciated! Actually one just started on FTP as I write so maybe today will be my day to make the $$$
  • doyle's room, you're canadian so it'll work and their new network has $1k freerolls, a much better payday for going deep.
  • absolute poker, various freerolls and my best 'freeroll to money' site, went from $0 to over $700 without a deposit.

There ya go...Merci

NANANANANA i beat that on oldschool pacific poker ran nothing to 2400 lol LOVE U Q
Welcome, Seymour. You will find the forum glossary coming in handy in your first few weeks here sinceeveryone seems to speak in acronyms!http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=64784TP/MM = turn pro, make millions.
Thanks vb,Much appreciated....

Tried Absolute Poker last night and wasn't too impressed with the software!Most of the freerolls are with rebuys and over 4000 players entered,unless I am missing some smaller ones I will try a few more today and seewhat happens!
Tried Absolute Poker last night and wasn't too impressed with the software!Most of the freerolls are with rebuys and over 4000 players entered,unless I am missing some smaller ones I will try a few more today and seewhat happens!
To hijack this thread, what's up with AP lately? They gave me $10 in the account I emptied out so I went to play some low buyin SNGs and they don't offer any 1 table NLHE SNGs. The structure's better than it used to be, but I played a lot of Omaha.
I'm suspicious of someone who uses so many exclamation points!!!!!