If Poker Players Had Entrance Songs...

seat6.jpgPatrick Antonius is not amused by your feeble attempt at a joke.
Man he's soooooo sexy!!!U may laugh...but I actually HAVE an entrance song I play before I enter a poker room. Before every live mtt I have played thus far...before we start play, I leave the poker room. I usually hit the head really fast to make sure I am running on empty before I play. Then I "try" and find a little area to do some stretching. I have a bad back, so I need to stretch out before I play. Anyway...then after I am all stretched and ready to play...I put the Ipod on...blast it all the way...and as I walk into the poker room...my entrance/theme music is...Voodoo Child-Hendrix
seat6.jpgPatrick Antonius is not amused by your feeble attempt at a joke.
This pic reminds me of those rumors circulating in the 90's about how at least three of the supermodels in the Victoria Secret catalogs were dudes.BINGO--here's one of them.

My personal choices (for me, of course):Head Like A Hole, NINLoser, BeckGo Down Gamblin', Blood Sweat and TearsThere are some other humourous ones that could apply to people, I suppose, but my brain just went into neutral...

Man he's soooooo sexy!!!U may laugh...but I actually HAVE an entrance song I play before I enter a poker room. Before every live mtt I have played thus far...before we start play, I leave the poker room. I usually hit the head really fast to make sure I am running on empty before I play. Then I "try" and find a little area to do some stretching. I have a bad back, so I need to stretch out before I play. Anyway...then after I am all stretched and ready to play...I put the Ipod on...blast it all the way...and as I walk into the poker room...my entrance/theme music is...Voodoo Child-Hendrix
:club::D Although I like SRV's version just a bit more
That's awesome, Vick12. Mainly because I don't feel like such a knob for doing the same thing now. My "entrance" song (if such a thing exists for an online tourney) is an obscure one by a now-defunct L.A. band called The Serotonins (one album wonder). Their first song, "J-Lo" starts off with no music, just the lead singer screaming,"CUZ I'M A SEXUAL PANTHER, AND YOU KNOW THAT YA GOT TO KNOW THIS!"Then some crazy, sidekick guy answers,"Aww, sh*****t...yo J-Lo, what time's this party starting? Aww, I think this party's starting right NOW!!!"Stupid, but I find it totally, totally works for me.(BTW, if you like a rock/punk sound with completely nonsensical lyrics, I highly recommend their one album, "Easier Than Learning to Read" at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/serotonins, or on iTunes. Such a shame they broke up after a drug-fueled meltdown at Burning Man a few years back...)
Ala the playing of "Wild Thing" for Rick Vaughn in Major League, what would be good entrance songs for today's poker players?Take the quiz (click and drag over spoiler box to reveal answer), then improve on or add your own:The Gambler (Kenny Rogers) –

Doyle Brunson

Wild Life (INXS) –

Stu Unger

Simply the Best (Tina Turner) –

Phil Ivey

Race Car Ya Ya’s (Cake) –

Phil Hellmuth

Bouncing Round the Room (Phish) –

Phil Laak

Barbie Girl (Aqua) –

Jennifer Tilly

Magic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf) –

Antonio Esfandiari

Every Breath You Take (The Police) -

Daniel NegreanuN

Fire Coming Out of the Monkey’s Head (Gorillaz) –

Mike Matusow

Brilliant Disguise (Bruce Springsteen) –

Greg Raymer

Give It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers) –

Barry Greenstein

Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode) –

Chris Ferguson

Living on a Prayer (Bon Jovi) –

Jerry Yang

I Want a New Drug (Huey Lewis and the News) –

Vinnie Vinh

Let’s Get Retarded (Black Eyed Peas) –

Paul Magriel

Dude Looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith) –

Kathy Liebert

867-5309 (Tommy Tutone) –

Jennifer Harman

Unemployed Boyfriend (Everclear) –

Marco Traniello

MmmmBOP! (Hanson) –

Brandi Hawbacker

Pop Goes the Weasel (3rd Bass) –

David Sklansky

I know, some are funnier than others (if that). If you don't like, start your own damn quiz--this is the best I could do for a Wednesday. :club:

LOL, I must admit....I enjoyed this. :D
Other songs (not necessarily from my iTunes) that made the 'B' list:Chariots of Fire (Theme) -

Erick Lindgren

If you saw Erick and Gavins bet on Rawvegas, can't you totally picture Erick jamming to this the final round?

The Gambler (Kenny Rogers) –Doyle BrunsonWild Life (INXS) – Stu UngerSimply the Best (Tina Turner) – Phil IveyRace Car Ya Ya’s (Cake) – Phil HellmuthBouncing Round the Room (Phish) – Phil LaakBarbie Girl (Aqua) – Clonie GowenMagic Carpet Ride (Steppenwolf) – Antonio EsfandiariEvery Breath You Take (The Police) - Patrick AntoniusFire Coming Out of the Monkey’s Head (Gorillaz) – Mike MatusowBrilliant Disguise (Bruce Springsteen) – Greg RaymerGive It Away (Red Hot Chili Peppers) – Barry GreensteinPersonal Jesus (Depeche Mode) – Chris FergusonLiving on a Prayer (Bon Jovi) – Jerry YangI Want a New Drug (Huey Lewis and the News) – Vinnie VinhLet’s Get Retarded (Black Eyed Peas) – Paul MagrielDude Looks Like a Lady (Aerosmith) – Kathy Liebert867-5309 (Tommy Tutone) – Jennifer HarmanUnemployed Boyfriend (Everclear) – Marco TranielloMmmmBOP! (Hanson) – Eric MolinaPop Goes the Weasel (3rd Bass) – captain tom

Ewwwwwie I got a good one:Either:Techno Song, 'Down' (Paul Okenfold maybe?) or better yet Howard Cossell saying.. "DOWN GOES FRAZZA, DOWN GOES FRAZZA"It's in white: right under here.Every time Full Tilt goes down.... man I'd be sick of that song!