Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I not hating on the guy at all, if he wins he wins, I would just prefer the face of poker for the next year to be one of the other two.
When, last, was the "face of poker" the ME event winner? I beieve it was Moneymaker. Just saying. In terms of reality/non-poker paying attention people.

John Strzemp took that beat from Stu Ungar very well. That hand cost him potentially 400K.He just shrugged and shook Stu's hand. Class act if you ask me.

When, last, was the "face of poker" the ME event winner? I beieve it was Moneymaker. Just saying. In terms of reality/non-poker paying attention people.
you're joking right?if the ME champ the last 4-5 years hasnt been the face of poker just who has been?
I'd say Raymer and Hachem filled that role.Just Gold not so much.

I've been rooting for Tuan since about 1 hour into the broadcast.Since he seemed to be the only player not dressed in black, he gets my vote for originality.

You only say that because you didn't start playing poker until the "Moneymaker era". Am I right??
you're joking right?if the ME champ the last 4-5 years hasnt been the face of poker just who has been?
I would be willing to bet that more people that don't play poker could recognize Daniel Negreanu than could recognize Joe Hachem or Jamie Gold.
to average Joe? Or people who actually play and matter in poker?Phil Ivey > Hachem for starters
Jesus....the ignorance in here is nuts. You do realize that the "average Joe's" matter to us more than anyone. They have the money we want to take. Don't put them down. The more average Joe's the better in my book.
I'd say Raymer and Hachem filled that role.Just Gold not so much.
I agree Raymer and Hachem turned out to be excellent players (and the were already prior to fame), but they never became the "face" of poker. Thats was my point. The ME winner is notgoing to be the "face" of poker.