Event #55 World Championship No-limit Texas Hold'em $10,000

Didn't say he tripled up, he went from 50 to 145.
If Susie had 10k in chips (thats an if for the sake of argument) then the chips that werent susie's were 135k which means DN would have had 67.5K . Your assumption of 50k has no merits.
  • Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WORRRRRRRRRRRRD!Many top pro's consider Phil to be one of the least liked and respected players out there. Period. I think his books have merit but some of the things he does and has said have left most not liking him very much at all.(And where the heck is that annoying Hall of Flamer railer extraordinarie Peyton???? ) :club:
I do not know Phil Gordon personally and I have never met him. From what I understand, the man has worked tirelessly for cancer research. That alone should put a different light on the least liked part of the above statement. BTW, he did make a main event final table about six years ago and he did win a WPT title, so his poker can't be half bad.

Well, he for sure does have 145K and the hand described in the pokernews story, although it might be interpreted differently, can be added up to reveal at least 80 grand going in the middle, so he had anywhere from 48 to 60 or so before the hand, depending on what Susies stack was.No matter what, he's looking good now, that's all that matters.

Well, he for sure does have 145K and the hand described in the pokernews story, although it might be interpreted differently, can be added up to reveal at least 80 grand going in the middle, so he had anywhere from 48 to 60 or so before the hand, depending on what Susies stack was.No matter what, he's looking good now, that's all that matters.
he could have had 67.5k...it all depends on how many chips Susie had...

Issaacs moves in for 19.7K... This was AFTER a round of raises and before Daniel was covered by player 3. Isaacs had about 30K going in, don't know how you could get 10K for Susie at all if you read the report. Again, it's simple math based on the report. Isaacs bet at least 30K.

Issaacs movve in for 19.7K... This was AFTER a round of raises and before Daniel was covered by player 3. Isaacs had about 30K going in, don't know how you could get 10K at all if you read the report.
If you read my original post it was a hypothetical number.

You don't need a hypothetical number when the numbers are in the post, that was my point. How can you make up a "Susie has 10K" when it states she went all in for an ADDITIONAL 19K? Then Daniel was covered by another player.

You don't need a hypothetical number when the numbers are in the post, that was my point. How can you make up a "Susie has 10K" when it states she went all in for an ADDITIONAL 19K? Then Daniel was covered by another player.
whatever bro, you win...happy?

Anyway... DK and Fid only have to outlast 50% of current field at this moment and they are in the money. Go get em guys...yeah.. I'm happy... only thing I have won in a while... :club:

Sooooo DN busted someone...and then almost, but not quite tripled up in chips. Moving from anywhere between 50-60k to over 145k.This update was from pokernews. and I am mos def the first person to post this update.

I do not know Phil Gordon personally and I have never met him. From what I understand, the man has worked tirelessly for cancer research. That alone should put a different light on the least liked part of the above statement. BTW, he did make a main event final table about six years ago and he did win a WPT title, so his poker can't be half bad.
Like I said, I think his books have merit. And no one would ever be against helping find a cure for cancer. I actually liked the guy when I met him at a book signing, but the arrogance was thick even at that little meeting. We talked for about a half hour or so, and I thought that was very cool of him, so I was a fan for a while. That was 2 years ago.But now, for what ever reason, right or wrong, many of his peers eyes roll when his name is mentioned. Fact. That's all I'm saying. He has done and said a good many things over the past few years that just rub folks the wrong way. Don't want this to be a Phil bashing session either and I will not tell you all of who I know who dislikes the guy, or some of the crap he has pulled.I'll just end this by saying that I am no longer a fan of him personally.
Chris Ferguson Knocks Out a WomanDid anyone else laugh when they read this update title?
ha ha ha ha... that is funny.Anyone have any idea how the others are holding up today?Poppinfresh? Sol? etc..........
Chris Ferguson Knocks Out a WomanDid anyone else laugh when they read this update title?
Yes. The only way it would've been better is if it read:JESUS Knocks Out Woman!!!