Anyone have any good info on playing vs. your friends who play too many hands, mess up by trying to bluff other loose players, but have been observing your tight style and are becoming atleast a little bit better.See they used to be all very loose and play every hand... from watching me take their money and watching it on tv, I think they are starting to be in the middle between being a horrible player, and being an OKAY player.Now when i say okay i mean okay for someone whos only been playing 1 year, once a week. And who would get BLOWN OUT at a real pro table.See they used to be all loose and me kinds knowing what i was doing... Now its a spread around... some are trying new techniques and other arents. No matter what most of them never seem to respect my bet/raise. :club: But i know you never bluff a ultra loose player but i works on some now since they wised up a bit.Its getting kinda confusing... im still almost always in the money but im getting i guess a little worriedAny Good Sites for this kinda play (home games)

I have a recomendation, Forget about poker till your out of high school. In the mean time, pay attention in English class and maybe you will learn how to put a sentence together.
Nothing terribly wrong with his sentence structure and its good hes already started by the time hes 21 he will have plenty of experiencealthough my opinion isn't valued here i am in a similar postiion and have some simple advice- If you are alot better than your opponents aim to see flops cheap and try out play them and don't try bluff too often.
I have a recomendation, Forget about poker till your out of high school. In the mean time, pay attention in English class and maybe you will learn how to put a sentence together.
lol, couldnt agree more
lol, couldnt agree more
Like I really give a crap about my sentence structure.Its easy enough to read and im not getting critiqued on it or anything...I just asked a question about poker, and I'm not askin my English teacher!Everyone plays poker now .... Even like 5th graders... You just have to accept that.
What's a real pro table?
what i meant by a real pro table was just playing vs good players..... wasnt too impt so i prob didnt take the time to word it right... you know, cuz ima immatere teanajer whu kant put a sintince 2gether.
If you aren't bluffing, why would you want them to respect your bets or raises?
Well some i can bluff and some i cant... i just need to treat each situation seperatly.Clear Things Up A Bit!
Funny that you said this...Spelling-Blackboard.jpg:):D:club::D:D:):) ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
Funny that you said this...Spelling-Blackboard.jpg:):D:club::D:D:):) ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
Focking hilarious. I love it.
LOL, that's great :)Shock
LOL, that's great :)Shock
I just about spit water out onto my keyboard.priceless.

Fryer you are very very funny... 'ahem beeeerains! if you'll allow me the shout out. OP what that one guy said about seeing flops for cheap and taking down huge pots from loosey gooseys (anyone out there know how to spell goosey?) is the way to go. Don't try to get tricky against players who are half educated they are probably more unpredictable than people who are totally new to poker in my experience... again I would almost go so far to say never get tricky--this happened to me when I first started playing in home games and I eventually had to stop pretending I was Sklansky or god forbid Helmuth and start playing the table instead of by a book. You are in a great position to win alot of money though.

I'm in pretty much the same spot as this guy. I play with a bunch of calling stations, and was stuck for a while. Preflop raises were lost on them, and it took some time for me to adjust. Listen to these guys though, they know what they're saying. Just take cheap flops, and out play them late in the hands. For me, this makes the game based on a lot more luck, but it's the only way I've found to crack them so far. As said before, put down the poker book, take off the shades, suck it in, and play down to their level.

I just about spit water out onto my keyboard.priceless.
Don't lie...you swallow...On a serious note about this thread: I too have a home-game-calling-station problem. I have to be VERY patient and wail until I am 100% sure I have the best hand to make a big move. If I'm not 100% sure, I try and take as many small pots as I can. Getting to know each player to the 'T' is very important, IMO. If you play with them each week, this shouldn't be hard. Also, pay close attention to what cards they show, and not if they raised it pre-flop. For example, I noticed a few players in my game were raising pre-flop with ANY Ax or Kx. There's my $0.02.

Here's my 10 cents my 2 cents is freeA nuisance, who sent, you sent for me?Playing ULTRA TIGHT seems to be the best strategy... and yea its seems a little more like luck since they arent good players im up agianst."If God's not a Titan Fan Why is the Sky Blue and White and Why is Country Music Taking Over?"