official wpt championship thread day 3

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh must be heads up on his $5K SnG.   :-)  He seems busy at the moment.
Lol! That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. To keep his mind occupied, he's playing an online sng while playing in one of the biggest tournaments of the year. Whoa! Surely, he won't be doing this as the field starts to dwindle and the scrubs are eliminated. Will he? I'd think he'd want to concentrate more on the the WPT. I wonder what Josh's explanation behind doing this is. There has to be some method to the madness. :-)

i guess.... would think there would be some glaring tells by playing online poker same time as you are playing live poker...ie closing the laptop and getting ready to play a hand, i think this is hilarious. i hope they let this happen at the televised final table and josh is playin some sit n go online

6:27 - Took big hit by a 5 outer with 1 card to come. Board was KK34. I had 99 he had A3. 3 on the river. Down to 86k6:27 - Daniel up to 38,200 up from 25,000. He is fighting hard versus the Donkeys6:28 - I had to fold AK preflop after raising a raiser to 19k when someone else moved all in.6:30 - Ron rose called off last 30k with 88. He was up against QQ. 6:33 - EDOG with 105k

i guess.... would think there would be some glaring tells by playing online poker same time as you are playing live poker...ie closing the laptop and getting ready to play a hand, i think this is hilarious.  i hope they let this happen at the televised final table and josh is playin some sit n go online
No logos or laptops allowed for WPT televised final events but we are working on changing this.
6:27 - Took big hit by a 5 outer with 1 card to come. Board was KK34. I had  99  he had A3. 3 on the river.  Down to 86k6:27 -  Daniel up to 38,200 up from 25,000. He is fighting hard versus the Donkeys6:28 - I had to fold AK preflop after raising a raiser to 19k when someone else moved all in.6:30 - Ron rose called off last 30k with 88.  He was up against QQ.  6:33 - EDOG with 105k
beat the donks
i guess.... would think there would be some glaring tells by playing online poker same time as you are playing live poker...ie closing the laptop and getting ready to play a hand, i think this is hilarious.  i hope they let this happen at the televised final table and josh is playin some sit n go online
No logos or laptops allowed for WPT televised final events but we are working on changing this.
hahahah, well dammit i wanna see you playin on a laptop in a lil cheapie $20sng against me while winning a 25g live event! i guess i'll just hafta wait.

WPT ChampionshipApr 20, 200519:05:32 ET Daniel Negrenau, Paul Darden, Mike Chiapetta outNegreanu missed his straight. WPT ChampionshipApr 20, 200518:56:49 ET David Williams doubles up; Noel Furlong, Vadim Trincher outThere are 247 players remaining.

Oh well, at least DN will have time for the big game tonight. Looks like that game is forming nicely with Gus, Doyle, Johnny, Chau, Eli, and now Daniel eliminated.

From cardplayer.com:After a multi-way flop of 9-3-2 rainbow, there was a bet to Negreanu, and he raised it up. The player acting behind him effectively put him all in, and Negreanu said, "I've only got five-high, but I'll call," and he pushed in his last $30,000 or so. The player asked again, and he reaffirmed his hand, showing 5-4 suited for an open-ended straight draw. The other player showed 10-9 suited for top pair. Negreanu asked if anyone had folded an ace when the turn card fell with a blank diamond. (Unfortunately, there were no diamonds on the flop, so he didn't even have the benefit of a runner-runner flush draw.) A 5 on the river gave him a pair, but not enough to stay alive, and Daniel Negreanu was eliminated from the tournament.

Oh well, at least DN will have time for the big game tonight.  Looks like that game is forming nicely with Gus, Doyle, Johnny, Chau, Eli, and now Daniel eliminated.
lol, I was thinking the same thing
WPT ChampionshipApr 20, 200519:05:32 ET Daniel Negrenau, Paul Darden, Mike Chiapetta outNegreanu missed his straight. WPT ChampionshipApr 20, 200518:56:49 ET David Williams doubles up; Noel Furlong, Vadim Trincher outThere are 247 players remaining.
Dang it! I hate seeing Daniel lose. Good luck next time, buddy. Good luck to Josh and Edog the rest of the way.
7:27 - 7 limpers for 1200. Button makes it 15k.  Barry Shulman (2nd limper) makes it 80k (all in).  Button thinks for 10 minutes.  I call clock and the guy folds TT.  Barry shows AQ.
Wow, you were really generous to give him that much time before calling the clock.P.S. Unless 10 min. was an exaggeration.