danny nguyen at the wpt bay 101 shooting star???

Watching this episode of the WPT right now and has their even been a worse player then Danny Nguyen in the history of the WPT?Raising with anything, moving all in on weak draws, calling with literally nothing.Sad thing is I know the result of this tourny already which makes it even more sad.

I think we had a thread about this a few months ago....I believe we all agreed that Danny Nguyen was just about the worst WPT champion that we have seen to this point.My personal favorite is Dan Coupal, from the Party Poker Million episode on Season 1. They have a little feature with him at the beginning where he talks about how he is "taking poker to the next level" and how "most professionals aren't well rounded in their game". He then proceeds to play like a total donkey and dumped his chips within the first 10 minutes..... ahhh priceless

I sort of wish Danny had done something fun like try to swallow a stack of hundred dollar chips so I would have some reason to admire the guy. I agree though it was a pretty pitiful display of poker and was totally devoid of any chip swallowing shenanigans.

this is funny, because danny nguyen's play was actually better than 98% of the play i just watched on the Canadian Poker Tour. Seriously, Nguyen looks like Chris Moneymaker compared to these jokers.
FYP

As a Canadian citizen, I am deeply embarrassed by the Canadian Poker Tour, its players, and its telecasts. People who have seen the CPT on TV have become worse poker players just by watching it and listening to the garbage.

As a Canadian citizen, I am deeply embarrassed by the Canadian Poker Tour, its players, and its telecasts. People who have seen the CPT on TV have become worse poker players just by watching it and listening to the garbage.
very true my friend and the sad thing is that canadians are damn good players but sadly this doesnt show it.

he used to be a poker dealer at Graden City san jose. Rumor has it was he went from millionaire back to being poor, due to the fact that he had money owed due to child suppport. He did get very lucky. I think that win alone inspired a lot of bad poker players to take up the game of poker :roll:

I had heard about this nguyen show on WPT and how bad it was, but I couldn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.Perfect Perfect 7's to stay a live, this after he dumped all his chips with K-10 after being raised by what could best be described as a tight player. I was amazed.