Well...........I made my flush, but did I pay too much for it ? If so......at what point should I have dumped this ?Poker Stars Limit $2.00/$4.00 Texas Hold'em (6 handed)Hand Converter: Poker Sleuth SoftwarePre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K:spade: 9:spade:UTG folds, HJ raises, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB callsFlop: Q:heart: A:spade: 3:spade: (8 SB, 4 players)Hero bets, BB folds, HJ raises, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ raises, CO calls, Hero callsTurn: A:diamond: (10 BB, 3 players)Hero checks, HJ bets, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ raises, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ callsRiver: 4:spade: (22, 3 players)Hero bets,

I know I'm tighter, but is this a call preflop? I think I c/r the flop. The HJ will probably raise your donk and you will lose the CO unless he has a big hand. Also, if you lead it may go call call and you lose bets. With the rest of the action, I don't like my hand too much when the 2nd ace hits. I probably call to showdown.

Fold on the turn. If you're not drawing dead already ( by most likely AQ, but also possibly QQ, A3 or 33) then you are certainly drawing to at least one dead out ( Queen of spades) and probably more ( unless they both have AK, A9 or combination of the two). Lets just say, they have A10 and AJ, then you only have 6 outs. Lets say you're drawing dead 1/2 the time ( and given the turn action, I think that's a fair estimate) then really, you only have 3-4 outs, and you're paying way to much for that. You know, when you call the raise cold on the end, that you may have to call 1 or two more bets afterward, and probably not going to be able to get a raise in on the river, and in fact if a raise goes on the river, you are most likely beat. The turn is pretty much where you have to dump it. I have no problem jamming the flop, but the turn is where you let it go. But really, the answer is of course, fold preflop. Suited 3 gappers really arent' hands you want to call raises with, if you isolate and re raise against an aggressive preflop raiser, that's one thing, but I think the hand's too weak to take multiway, the only value in it really being in a flush.

Well...........I made my flush, but did I pay too much for it ? If so......at what point should I have dumped this ?Poker Stars Limit $2.00/$4.00 Texas Hold'em (6 handed)Hand Converter: Poker Sleuth SoftwarePre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with K:spade: 9:spade:UTG folds, HJ raises, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB callsFlop: Q:heart: A:spade: 3:spade: (8 SB, 4 players)Hero bets, BB folds, HJ raises, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ raises, CO calls, Hero callsTurn: A:diamond: (10 BB, 3 players)Hero checks, HJ bets, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ raises, CO raises, Hero calls, HJ callsRiver: 4:spade: (22, 3 players)Hero bets,
Online...you played it right. There's way more flushes on line than in live games.... the "random card generator" loves flushes.
preflop is probably really really close depending on the other players
yeah, I suppose, but playing K9 out of position sucks so much donkey ****. I'd play it and not think twice in loose full ring live game.. but it seems like the hand plays wretched against 3 other people, and they are obviously aggressive, so it's not like you get cheap draws. What do you think about the turn play, do you think he should have folded?
Online...you played it right. There's way more flushes on line than in live games.... the AP's "random card generator" loves FOUR flushes.
I've NEVER and I mean NEVER seen so many four flushes as I have on AP.It's like every third ****ing hand is a four flushed board.
Online...you played it right. There's way more flushes on line than in live games.... the "random card generator" loves flushes.
I'm sure I'm the last guy who has any right to say this, and obviously you're trying to be cute, but there are a million threads in multiple forums where everyone's goal is to be cute, and it's a pain in the ass that I have to tune out one more source of whitenoise in the one forum where people are trying to help each other or accomplish something useful. I wouldn't say anything if any regulars were to to post this kind of thing even with some degree of regularity, despite the fact that it's not funny and it's disruptive, but you've recently started posting in the LHE forums (at the exact same time as McGee, oddly enough, and I doubt it's a coincidence), and you've exclusively made retardo posts which cause me to doubt you even play LHE. If any of the LHE strat regs find these posts funny and appropriate, I won't mention it again, but it's pretty disrespectful of what I've always considered to be kind of our forum's sanctuary.

Meh. It's slightly annoying. If it balloons to more people, it could be debilitating to the forum. /HollywoodDutch responseI think preflop is suuuuuuuper close here. You have to be pretty sure BB is going to call. KTs is an instacall most of the time for me here, but K9s I lean fold. Don't donkbet this flop. The HJ is going to raise you too often and face the field with 2 bets. You want more customers in this spot. It also is really tough to balance this play with your value range without missing bets.Fold the turn once the A pairs. You're facing 2 bets for sure and possibly getting trapped for the full 4 cuz your hand is very faceup. You have some dirty outs and are drawing dead a significant portion of the time.Once the river hits, b/c is fine. Your hand looks like a flush, and c/r/c is one more bet than you want to go in.

Scratch that --- I misread the river ...thought the 4 was an A until I read it closer and realized the A spade was out already.

As other said, preflop is a fold. With a raise and a call and you OOP K9s does not play well. You risk of being dominated and having to call (as in this situation) is to great. As played, while I think it is close, I can find a pretty good justification for folding the turn to the bet and raise. You are getting 6.5-1 to call which if you had 9 clean outs would be a good thing. But if we assume that one of them has the ace, then you only have 7 "clean" outs max if you arent already drawing dead. (Qs is bad, as well as the random card the opponent has). So at this point you are drawing to only a flush and it is tainted. I get out here.

• 2 weeks later...
Poker Stars Limit $2.00/$4.00 Texas Hold'em (6 handed)
is 6 handed in 6max? or if its full table but only 6 players go here? anyway...i play SB tighter than almost any position (unless its BvB or a LP steal)K9s isn't great 3 or 4 handed. if there was another caller i might lean toward call thoughi/d much prefer c/c the flop.c/r might often get you HU with the pf raiser if he 3-bets, which is not what you want. it's not horrible though, and leading out is definately the worst option.with all the action on the flop and turn, i'm guessing you're drawing dead a lot, and id fold when it's 2 cold to me on the turn. barring reads that these guys will go to war with TPTK or such
  • 2 weeks later...

As stated by others, I think pf is close but I tend to fold it.Fold the turn, every time. Even if you aren't already drawing dead, you're not always happy when you hit your flush.You have 8 outs maximum (Qs kills you)...and, in all likelihood, 7 outs (someone has Ax and your spade will fill him up)....if they both have Ax, a strong possibility, you're at 6 outs. The problem is, only the Queen of Spades is identifiable as a problem. So, even if you have a live draw, the price ain't right.hell - some donk is laughing if he had 52s... :club: