1596 replies to this topic

#21 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostZach6668, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:40 PM, said:

Having an uneven number of teams is a bit of a pain in the ass, and increasing to 16 makes it unworkable with the goalie situation.
Ahh, that makes sense.
QUOTE (digitalmonkey @ Wednesday, August 18th, 2010, 1:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#22 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:39 PM, said:

Though I didn't appreciate the crazy-short notice, or the disrespect of ignoring us, he was nice enough to just leave his team, rather than snake a couple hundred more bucks out of us by winning in the next couple years.Oh wait...we still didn't get that two-time winners prize back, did we? Oops.
Yeah, oops. Talk about snaking.

#23 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,326 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

View Postajs510, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 4:42 PM, said:

Yeah, oops. Talk about snaking.
Seriously. Err, no one has talked to him recently, eh?
Long signatures are really annoying.

#24 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,491 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:45 PM

Tell us more about this non-returned prize pack.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#25 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:45 PM, said:

Ya, I was wondering the same thing.

#26 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:45 PM, said:

There was/is a pool between several FCHL owners where each person anted up $100 entry fee, Darnelle collected the money and ostensibly deposited it into a CD for safekeeping, the idea being that the money would grow until someone in the pool won the FCHL Championship for the second time. I think it was around $800 or so when the pool started. Darnelle quit the league, people who were in the pool requested that the prize money be returned so someone in the league could safeguard it, he gave some vague reply about sending a check, no one ever received one (shockingly enough).He was also holding league entry fees / prize money from last season, as well as the 3 year entry fees we collected from expansion teams, but I think some or all of that was returned. The pool money is still unaccounted for.

#27 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:44 PM, said:

Seriously. Err, no one has talked to him recently, eh?
It's still in limbo
"@sergetoronto Bang-up analysis there" -- James Mirtle

#TradeMelnykNotKarlsson #MelnykOut

#28 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,914 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:50 PM

View Postajs510, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:48 PM, said:

There was/is a pool between several FCHL owners where each person anted up $100 entry fee, Darnelle collected the money and ostensibly deposited it into a CD for safekeeping, the idea being that the money would grow until someone in the pool won the FCHL Championship for the second time. I think it was around $800 or so when the pool started. Darnelle quit the league, people who were in the pool requested that the prize money be returned so someone in the league could safeguard it, he gave some vague reply about sending a check, no one ever received one (shockingly enough).
That seriously sucks. I hate stuff like that. Where are the frickin morals.

#29 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 49,472 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

Have any of you actually met this guy in person?
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#30 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:52 PM

View Postserge, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 3:51 PM, said:

Have any of you actually met this guy in person?
I think Rich did (I'd use his forum name but he doesn't like that now that he's a working dude, he's WestcoastCanuck now) but not positive.

#31 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

I am loving the league this year, the playoff race is awesome. I pretty much need to make the playoffs for my Iggy trade not to look really bad. He's been on a sick heater ever since i got rid of him.
<!--quoteo(post=3293053:date=Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12&#58;43 PM:name=Untilted)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Untilted &#064; Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12&#58;43 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3293053"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Weight loss bet:

#32 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,326 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

View Postajs510, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 4:48 PM, said:

There was/is a pool between several FCHL owners where each person anted up $100 entry fee, Darnelle collected the money and ostensibly deposited it into a CD for safekeeping, the idea being that the money would grow until someone in the pool won the FCHL Championship for the second time. I think it was around $800 or so when the pool started. Darnelle quit the league, people who were in the pool requested that the prize money be returned so someone in the league could safeguard it, he gave some vague reply about sending a check, no one ever received one (shockingly enough).He was also holding league entry fees / prize money from last season, as well as the 3 year entry fees we collected from expansion teams, but I think some or all of that was returned. The pool money is still unaccounted for.
Pretty sure the expansion monies came back, but yeah, not the winner pool. Think it was only $500, but still. Mostly he is in danger from certain ginger Americans because he has been awful about returning emails, messages, etc. Likes to log off facebook, MSN as soon as someone messages him. Supposedly he dropped off the FCHL because of a new job and girlfriend (understandable), though with a new job, presumably he'd have a few spare bucks...
Long signatures are really annoying.

#33 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

I don't remember the expansion money being returned.
Steve,

It doesn't matter who you start because you have a horse shoe up your ass so far I'm not really sure how you get through the day. You must be gay.

#34 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,992 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 7:40 PM, said:

Pretty sure the expansion monies came back, but yeah, not the winner pool. Think it was only $500, but still. Mostly he is in danger from certain ginger Americans because he has been awful about returning emails, messages, etc. Likes to log off facebook, MSN as soon as someone messages him. Supposedly he dropped off the FCHL because of a new job and girlfriend (understandable), though with a new job, presumably he'd have a few spare bucks...
Yeah, he's become ultra-shady over the past year, but I'm over it, the FCHL dies for no man. I can see leaving the league for the reasons you listed, but it doesn't remotely excuse the manner in which he left or the fact that he's refusing to return money that doesn't belong to him.

#35 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

View PostSBriand, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 7:48 PM, said:

I don't remember the expansion money being returned.
Biatch did get paid out for last years expansion monies

#36 SBriand

SBriand

Viva La Beaver!

• Members
  • 15,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 9:42 PM, said:

Biatch did get paid out for last years expansion monies
yeah, so he still has the $90 for this year then...
Steve,

#37 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 38,491 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Corruption! Intrigue! The AHL needs a scandal to liven things up.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#38 Fenxis

Fenxis

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,007 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:01 PM

View Postajs510, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 8:15 PM, said:

... or the fact that he's refusing to return money that doesn't belong to him.
I believe he used the cash for an emergency (go figure a student -- broke); the good news is that there was initial maliciousness intended but the bad news is that, ultimately, the people in that bet will more than likely still be SOL anyways.

#39 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 7:40 PM, said:

Nope, haven't received anything. He said he used the 2-time winners money, don't recall for what, it's in a facebook convo somewhere, he assured me it would be ours by the end of the season. He also told me in like October that the $90 check was on the way.

View PostFenxis, on Wednesday, January 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM, said:

I believe he used the cash for an emergency (go figure a student -- broke); the good news is that there was initial maliciousness intended but the bad news is that, ultimately, the people in that bet will more than likely still be SOL anyways.
Yup, something like that.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#40 Untilted

Untilted

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,685 posts
  • Interests:GOLF, POKER, MUSIC

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

I know this is no solace but I think Nell was the odds on favorite to win the bet anyway
Happy Trails

John ( UntiLTed, Broadway or whatever)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users