only played a couple orbits here. However already played a couple big hands vs the villain.First one I muck 99 for a river bet on a x9xxx board with 4 hearts.Then just stacked him with 66 on a AsQs6sxx board vs AdKsFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $414.50Hero: $758Button: $484.40SB: $223.70BB: $400Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with Q :D K :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $14, 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: T :D 3 :) A :club: ($30, 2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $20, BB calls.Turn: 2 :) ($70, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: J :D ($70, 2 players)BB bets $44, Hero???

whats your read on the strength of his hand? Would he slow play a set? Or more like two pair? He doesn't yet have 1/4 of his stack in the pot, I'm not sure I see him calling a shove unless he has a set, but you'd know him better than me.

He has about $80 in the pot and $320 behind, I would re-raise to about $120 depending on my read, you want to get paid with maximum value so I think it's unlikely he will call you with anything other than a split pot if you push it all in

I think because he has shown that he will stack off, (in that AK vs 66 hand did he call or push with top pair?), I think you are missing value if you don't push here. You have the nuts.

He hasn't represented anything in his calls pre-flop and on the flop. His bet could mean anything from air to the nuts. Without being able to guess at how often he will call a push, I would raise to 120 or so. If he pushes back great, if he just calls you still rake a nice pot.Edit: 120-125 gives him about 3:1 odds to call. Depending on your read you can vary the raise from there..

why? I am bored.
Good poker players don't need an explanation for everything they do.Oh, wait, yeah they do.I dunno, it just seems like the right number if he has an Ace and is a bit of a calling station. I mean, if you raise here, he's got to put you on a big hand like 2 pair or better or a bluff. I think he'll probably call if he has Ax here.

Min raise FTW!Raise to $159 or do like everybody does on the intraweb poker sites and just shove with the nuts. He will call.

for the record I value bet it, $111 and he mucked it, so I wasn't getting action no matter what. But was just curious about the value of an over shove in a situation like this.I would only need to get called half the time for equal value as a $150 bet, and an over bet like that might actually look weaker than a standard raise, idk. plus we might even add in some tilt factor from him just getting stacked.

I think because he has shown that he will stack off, (in that AK vs 66 hand did he call or push with top pair?), I think you are missing value if you don't push here. You have the nuts.
In the hand he stacked off he had TPTK plus nut flush draw..... This is standardX2. If you dont stack off there then youre a nit.Raise to 120. Pushing is stupid because overbet pushes on this river means your repping QK and he has no reason not to believe you, especially if you just showed down a good hand vs him with 66.
In the hand he stacked off he had TPTK plus nut flush draw..... This is standardX2. If you dont stack off there then youre a nit.Raise to 120. Pushing is stupid because overbet pushes on this river means your repping QK and he has no reason not to believe you, especially if you just showed down a good hand vs him with 66.
what hands possibly call any raise?? AJ, AT, 22, 33, TT, AA, JJ, JT. I think any set calls the shove, and AJ has a very hard time getting away from it. And it would surprise me more for the villain to have AT in this spot then for them to call with it.
what hands possibly call any raise?? AJ, AT, 22, 33, TT, AA, JJ, JT. I think any set calls the shove, and AJ has a very hard time getting away from it. And it would surprise me more for the villain to have AT in this spot then for them to call with it.
A lot of curious aces will call a raise but not a shove. Same goes for a hand like 10J. If he happens to have a set then he probably calls a push but I think he has two pair or an ace much more often. If I'm facing this push with two pair against competent opponent I probably find a way to fold. You basically flip your hand up after you bet flop, check turn then overbet push river and I think he only calls with a set. What else would he even put you on that bets A high flop then pushes river? AJ or A10 rarely play it like that. Only hands which really make sense are KQ, JJ, or air and if you raised preflop you're hardly ever showing up with air on that board. He should know this.

The only reason I said push was that he you just stacked him. I actually would prefer the instapush, but that is just me. I have started pushing instead of making a large bet and people seem to call with worse cards (I am playing much lower so these tricks might not work as well at 400 max)