I'm certain I could be a winning player playing limit hold'em, but it's boring to me. Thus I play NL and hover around even, taking massive pots here, losing massive pots there, and I really get no where. The structured betting of limit just takes all the fun away from the game for me. I have great respect for those of you who can grind it out for hours making a buck, but I guess I just have ADD. I need the action and I want it now, anyone else have this issue?

I'm certain I could be a winning player playing limit hold'em, but it's boring to me. Thus I play NL and hover around even, taking massive pots here, losing massive pots there, and I really get no where. The structured betting of limit just takes all the fun away from the game for me. I have great respect for those of you who can grind it out for hours making a buck, but I guess I just have ADD. I need the action and I want it now, anyone else have this issue?
Hmm... well, I don't know that I'm totally bored by limit, I actually enjoy playing drawing hands (suited connectors, A-x suited, etc...) so I have my moments with limit...But I do agree that I enjoy no-limit much more. The ability to manipulate pot odds and put pressure on others makes the game much more enjoyable for me.p2

nope. and if you have ADD, then its probably best to stay away from limit.i love limit because its more strategy, building pots, and making the correct play based on the correct odds. don't know why, maybe i'm just a geek, but i appreciate that alot more then "all-in"

if you really want action you should play pot limit omaha...now theres a game with nonstop action...i personally think its a lot more difficult than NL. Talk about wild swings.I get a little tired of people trashing limit games---not to say that you did, because you didnt. I love taking on NL players in limit 8 or better games, triple draw, omaha, etc...however good they claim to be at NL they are often horrible at these other games to the point of being fishy.I've said it before and I'll say it again. A good poker player is a well rounded poker player. Who wants to be a one trick pony? I personally like knowing that i can sit down at any game and have a good chance to make money. Just athought. Limit can be a grind, but NL can be extremely irritating as well. I like some games better than others, but i am comfortable playing them all.

i love limit because its more strategy, building pots, and making the correct play based on the correct odds. don't know why, maybe i'm just a geek, but i appreciate that alot more then "all-in"
Couldnt say it better myself... Limit's rather addictive once you get into the math real heavy...
if you really want action you should play pot limit omaha...now theres a game with nonstop action...i personally think its a lot more difficult than NL. Talk about wild swings.I get a little tired of people trashing limit games---not to say that you did, because you didnt. I love taking on NL players in limit 8 or better games, triple draw, omaha, etc...however good they claim to be at NL they are often horrible at these other games to the point of being fishy.I've said it before and I'll say it again. A good poker player is a well rounded poker player. Who wants to be a one trick pony? I personally like knowing that i can sit down at any game and have a good chance to make money. Just athought. Limit can be a grind, but NL can be extremely irritating as well. I like some games better than others, but i am comfortable playing them all.
some good posts in this thread - unusual for a limit vs NL thread. the PL omaha or PL omaha hi/lo low-limit games on party are stupidly profitable as well. i have really no idea how to properly play omaha, and can still win at those games when i get a cold run at hold 'em and need a switch.cheers,daniel

I do much better at NL than limit. Dunno, I feel its hard for me to gauge the strength of another players hand just based on a raise of 1 increment. I can eek out a meager profit at limit(usually), but I find NL much easier to gain from. I made the full-on switch from limit to NL about two and a half weeks ago and Ive more than doubled my roll.About the guy who said limit is too boring. I find NL to be a snooze fest for quite awhile until you get involved in a big hand/pot, which doesnt occur often. In the aspect of boredom, I find they both have their ups and downs.

I cant really say which (Limit or No-Limit) for of hold'em is more "exciting"... As Gambit said for me NL is a snooze fest until you "wake-up" to cards. Atleast that's how I view it online.. not being able to rely on much for tells compared to a live game.Limit can certainly be boring too... Same thing as NL, but I think that atleast for me Limit stimulates the brain for, because it IS hard to tell what someone has based on a single bet, or a c/r on the turn (automatic fold!) and things like that.Omaha games online are honestly a joke.. I've been working on my Omaha game for a long time now (hi/lo) and the Pot-Limit games are extremely fun, the same reasons PL Hold'em as fun to an extent.Learning Pot-Manipulation based on the strength of your draw is what I'm working on now, I know I couldn't beat a strong table of Omaha players because I don't know this but Online at the lower limits 1/2 and below... there ISNT a strong table!I also dwell over to omaha when I'm having a rut in hold'em unless I think it's because I'm losing because I am not playing right... Then I stick with Hold'em and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

i love limit because its more strategy, building pots, and making the correct play based on the correct odds. don't know why, maybe i'm just a geek, but i appreciate that alot more then "all-in"
Couldnt say it better myself... Limit's rather addictive once you get into the math real heavy...
I'm with ya here. Honestly, I was more of a NL/PLO player for quite a while, but as I investigate the math more and more I find myself playing limit ring games exclusively and leaving no limit to the tournament format.
nope. and if you have ADD, then its probably best to stay away from limit.i love limit because its more strategy, building pots, and making the correct play based on the correct odds. don't know why, maybe i'm just a geek, but i appreciate that alot more then "all-in"
I have to absolutely disagree with this statement. I have nothing better to do right now as for some reason I'm five tabling at like 3am my NL tables on stars. I'll take your response in segments:1) Limit is more strategyThat statement is absurd. There are a limited number of options you have in each betting round in limit. Is there a lot of strategy involved? Yes. More than no limit? No.2) Limit is more building potsAgain, an absurd statement comparing it to nl in this manner. This is the very nature of nl and pl games, building the pots. You can manipulate pot sizes in nl and pl games. In limit, you can only control the size of one bet.3) Limit is more making the correct play based on the correct odds.Again, no. I respect limit, in itself, there are many scenarios, and def many ways to follow the correct odds, but not more so than no limit. NL is a game of manipulating the implied odds of a given situation, the math is just as intense when you are making a decision based on the bet size, the drawing capability of your hand, and your chip stack as well as your opponents. All the pot odds calculations in limit are there in nl too.4) Appreciate limit alot more than "all-in"Nl ring games don't come down to an all in decision most of the time. There is still plenty of post flop play as most players have deep enough stacks relative to the blinds.With all that said, as I've said before in comparing nl to limit, limit is still a truly complex game, but I am of the opinion nl is just truly more complex due to the nature of being able to bet any amount on any street.
but I guess I just have ADD. I need the action and I want it now, anyone else have this issue?
I also have major ADD and I couldnt agree more with what you said. Limit just bores me to death and I like the idea that i can double up if I make a good hand. I have been getting killed lately playing Nl as thats all I play now, thinking about making the transition to omaha but not sure as to play pl/nl and high or high low, any suggestions.
Guest XXEddie

im confusedif you "know" you could gain a profit playing limit....why do you play NL in which you only hover aroung evenwhat part of winning money is boring

If No Limit and Limit got into a fight, Limit would win.
I can never argue with wrto b/c the response is just too damn funny. I should say something like NL would win, but I can't think of a witty enough way to say it, hence my response would be attacked by the more witty limit supporters. Good work wrto, I disagree but like the response.