Q&a With Phil Gordon

http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...r-questions/?hpQ: Is Phil Hellmuth really as unpleasant as he seems? Conversely, who are the top pros that are regarded as being the most fun to play with — not necessarily the ones you can clean up on, just the ones that you’d have a good time with? (I’m guessing Negreanu is at the top of this list.)A: Hellmuth isn’t as bad in real life as he appears on T.V. I really like him. He’s a great family man, does lots of work for charity, and has a kind heart.Unfortunately, he comes across like a complete a–hole on television. But, it’s great for ratings.I really like playing at the table with Phil Laak, Antonio Esfandiari, and David Grey — they have excellent stories and are very entertaining. As for Negreanu — things aren’t always the way they appear on television. :club:

Phil Gordon is a faggot.I love how Lindgren owned his ass on Poker After Dark.If Negreanu and Gordon played heads up, Gordon would be broke.God I really hate Gordon.

it has been discussed a million times. I think DN and Phil gordon just need to play HU for rollz and settle it already!
Where the hell have you been lately?!?!

The Phil Gordon Enigma lives on. Seriously, I loved his commentary on Celeb Poker Showdown, and honestly, his books ARE great reads if you're just starting out. In both, and with his charity work, you get the sense that he's a good guy who feels lucky for the life he's both earned and been given, so for those reasons, I really think he's good for poker.BUT...it's amazing to me that as great as he comes off in these environs, he comes off like a complete douche when he's actually playing cards. Now, I for one thought Ivey and E-Dog really ganged up on him in that one PAD, but you know somewhere along the road Gordon said or did something to deserve it. I've never seen a guy with a bigger chip on his shoulder when he's playing against real pros, or a guy with more apparent arrogance when he's playing against guys who aren't.This Jekyl and Hyde thing baffles me. Then again, I could probably be accused of the same thing--Mild-Mannered Cubicle Dweller Guy versus ******* Aggressive Driver Guy. I guess the only difference is my every quote or lane change isn't broadcast on TV and the intrawebs. Never mind. GG, Phil Gordon.

BUT...it's amazing to me that as great as he comes off in these environs, he comes off like a complete douche when he's actually playing cards. Now, I for one thought Ivey and E-Dog really ganged up on him in that one PAD, but you know somewhere along the road Gordon said or did something to deserve it.
I don't know when DNs and Phil gordons little feud began, but the first time I noticed, was when Phil Gordon said something derogatory about Lindgrens play and why he wouldn't play that way etc.DN made a blog defending E-dog and pointing out E-dog is 5 times a better player than Gordon, so how can he even try criticise Lindgrens play etc
I don't know when DNs and Phil gordons little feud began, but the first time I noticed, was when Phil Gordon said something derogatory about Lindgrens play and why he wouldn't play that way etc.DN made a blog defending E-dog and pointing out E-dog is 5 times a better player than Gordon, so how can he even try criticise Lindgrens play etc
No I remember that, too. And to me, this was not one of DN's finer moments. As much as I love him (more than Gordon for sure), DN has/had a childish desire to interject himself into conversations that he shouldn't be in in the first place, and this was one of them. So no surprise PG and DN don't like each other, and I don't think any of us can really say who's to blame. Either way, as much of a douche as Gordon can be, I think the PAD episode made E-Dog look like a douche with extra cleaning power...with a nice scent of Ivey. Just saying.

Wow this guy just wont let the hate for negreanu go huh ?? Every time i see gordon i cant help but want to vomit .. why dont him and daniel just man up and fight it out or let it go already. seriously, daniel im challenging you to man up and punch gordon in the mouth the next time you see him .DO IT .

What amazes me is all the DN fanboys who get on here and bash Phil Gordon any chance they get. So, DN and Gordon don't get along. Who really ****ing cares!From what I've seen on tv and on FCP and other places, I think Gordon and Negreanu are probably both great guys. People don't get along sometimes for whatever reason. It happens, get the **** over it. Oh, and btw...Gordon's books are very good for beginner/intermediate players.

Please sharkscope phil gordon and you will see what he is really like, -$10k last I checked.Loved the PAD moment where lindgren called him an idiot and he cried then Phil Ivey says "i need to order some cocktails" then Gordon says "order me whatever you're having" and Edog says "You probably already know" - found that funny.

What amazes me is all the DN fanboys who get on here and bash Phil Gordon any chance they get. So, DN and Gordon don't get along. Who really ****ing cares!From what I've seen on tv and on FCP and other places, I think Gordon and Negreanu are probably both great guys. People don't get along sometimes for whatever reason. It happens, get the **** over it. Oh, and btw...Gordon's books are very good for beginner/intermediate players.
Phil..?my comment has nothing to do with being a "fanboy" of dn it has every thing to do with my hate for gordon.and as far as his books sure there good for beginers but theres 500 other books out there with the exact same sht in them .
Phil Gordon is a faggot.I love how Lindgren owned his ass on Poker After Dark.If Negreanu and Gordon played heads up, Gordon would be broke.God I really hate Gordon.
But he's 6'9" that's gotta count for something.