question about down swings

I am just curious as to how these swings come for the rest of you, because this week has been uncanny. I didn't tihnk it was possible for cards to come like this so frequently.Hit a set of queens, lose to set of kingshit my set of 5s, make a boat on the turn, but the board pairs AGAIN on the river for buddies high pair boatNut flush countless times lost to boats on the riverAK countlessly losing to inferior AJ or AQ straights or flushesI just am getting almost depressed over it because it's like I can't catch a break. Whta's even worse is that all the other times I have strength, everyone folds, so it's not like any hand is profitable enough to be winningJust as I type this, I hit my set on the flop, but someone hit a higher set on the same flop**** thisIt's almost like it's not possible to happen this frequently. I mean literally none of my strong hands are holding, NO MATTER WHATI've had bad runs, but this is ridiculousI know everyone is going to say "it happens" etc....but I'm just wondering if any of you have had it THIS badWhere everything you have is already beat and there's no way to get away from it

This past week has been horrible for me too, dude. King's full getting burned because someone limped AK, flushes getting sucked out on the river, etc.It's times like these that we think it'll never get better, I guess. But it always does in the end.

First of all, nobody ever has it as bad as you. Secondly, take a break. It helps put things in perspective. Poker is relatively meaningless in relation to the rest of your life. You'll see that if you can manage to pry your face away from the computer screen for a while. Try having sex.

I know everyone is going to say "it happens" etc....but I'm just wondering if any of you have had it THIS badWhere everything you have is already beat and there's no way to get away from it
I'm not quite sure what your talking about for I've never had a bad beat.

Thanks for all the sincere replies, I just wanted to get some perspective. To all the smart asses, you're sense of sarcasm is quite clever - I'm sure all the ladies love you :roll: I wasn't complaining about getting a couple bad beats, just wanted to know if anyone has had a string of about 40 bad beats in the same day.But I forgot, everyone on here is an expert, and think they are the most clever, sarcastic person around. Good job boys, you showed me. I'll just got back to my hole

I wasn't complaining about getting a couple bad beats, just wanted to know if anyone has had a string of about 40 bad beats in the same day.
Yes. How much is your downswing ? If it's not 150 or 200BB, then you don't know what a real downswing is yet. I do.
I am just curious as to how these swings come for the rest of you, because this week has been uncanny. I didn't tihnk it was possible for cards to come like this so frequently.Hit a set of queens, lose to set of kingshit my set of 5s, make a boat on the turn, but the board pairs AGAIN on the river for buddies high pair boatNut flush countless times lost to boats on the riverAK countlessly losing to inferior AJ or AQ straights or flushesI just am getting almost depressed over it because it's like I can't catch a break. Whta's even worse is that all the other times I have strength, everyone folds, so it's not like any hand is profitable enough to be winningJust as I type this, I hit my set on the flop, but someone hit a higher set on the same flopcensored thisIt's almost like it's not possible to happen this frequently. I mean literally none of my strong hands are holding, NO MATTER WHATI've had bad runs, but this is ridiculousI know everyone is going to say "it happens" etc....but I'm just wondering if any of you have had it THIS badWhere everything you have is already beat and there's no way to get away from it
Ummm.... right now, actually. I'm trying not to focus on the 30 buy ins I've lost in the past 12 hours and just focus on playing my A game, and I know things will turn around. Trying, that is, until I opened this thread and it reminded me how damn bad I'm running right now. Thanks alot!!I'm approaching the end of a 14 hour session, then I'm going to take a few hours off and get back to it. This session's been crazy. QQ keeps killing me. If I'm holding it, I lose. More often than not, though, my opponent's holding it and kicking my azz with it. My AQs are running into AK, AJs running into AQ, and once my A10 suited push all in pf was called by 72o, lost that one. As I'm typing this my KK just went down to QJ, lol, so I'm done for now. I've got a wsop qualifier to play this afternoon, so I'm signing off until then, gonna go play with my boy, maybe bust out the legos and build some skyscrapers. Ya, that's all I know how to build, shut up.

Losing to AJ/AQ isnt that bad, losing with AA to 77 isdnt even that bad of a bad beat. Having 66 and having the flop come 677 and then the turn coming a 7, yeah, that sucks...Losing with JJ to 1010 AFTER you flop an over set, and lose to his runner runner straight, when he called your all in with ONLY a runer runner straight, knowing he had to suckout, and got his runner runner straight Draw because pokerchamps rewards bad play, well thats some bad stuff.Some of the worst bad beats, the ones that really piss me off is when I outdraw someone with lower poccket pair, and BAM they hit their 2 outer on the river to beat me. Man, thats just awesome. Infact, after winning over $800 in prize money earning on pokerchamps, I lost about $550 of it when I went all in with my over set, and lost to an overpair that cought their 2 outer, every time I had them trapped, and was going to win.... but mysteriously BAM! Two outer! BAM! there goiesn $100! and another $100! and another $100!! And another! and another!See? we all get horrible luck. But as for me, well, I took out the remaining ammount, and deposited $50 on ultimate bet, and just finished second in a tournement for $570 profit! Im getting a check in the mail for $500 soon, and it goes to show you, the good players always get rewarded in the long run. So if you are a good player, just keep it up