I still don't understand. Why, if someone says something like that in this particular context, is it assumed that he must be talking about liberals?
oh geezalrightif we were wrong (which we can all be open to the fact that we could be), what WERE you taking a crack at? Random people that might say those things? Then I should also add, some people like their baby's extra crispy. Is it relevant? No. Which is why we all assumed (from your history in these forums) that this was a crack on leftists. I am open to other explanations, though.Edit: was the crispy baby thing too soon?
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh geezalrightif we were wrong (which we can all be open to the fact that we could be), what WERE you taking a crack at? Random people that might say those things? Then I should also add, some people like their baby's extra crispy. Is it relevant? No. Which is why we all assumed (from your history in these forums) that this was a crack on leftists. I am open to other explanations, though.Edit: was the crispy baby thing too soon?
Lots of hair pulling in this post, but not much actual substance.I made an open-ended comment about people who are grossly soft on sickeningly offensive acts of criminality. Two people- liberals- immediately jump up and presume that my comment must somehow be directed towards liberals, in spite of the fact that liberals weren't mentioned, intimated or remotely suggested.Why do you think this is?
Lots of hair pulling in this post, but not much actual substance.I made an open-ended comment about people who are grossly soft on sickeningly offensive acts of criminality. Two people- liberals- immediately jump up and presume that my comment must somehow be directed towards liberals, in spite of the fact that liberals weren't mentioned, intimated or remotely suggested.Why do you think this is?
Oh geez againokThis thread is officially going nowhere. But w/e, I'll respond :PYour open-ended comment was taken by (I'm sure) many people (leftists, rightwingers, and others) as a bash on leftists because of your history of bashing on leftists. That's it. There's no cutting around the edge, beating around the bushes,... no nothing. Did you really mean it that way? I don't care. My first observation (as I'm sure many others) was that you were throwing a jab at leftists.If you meant something completely different (different as an open statement... which there would really be no point for you to make an open statement [as I stated with my whole crispy babies point], but I digress), then that's ok, too.Edit: If you are trying to insinuate that I am a 'leftist' because I questioned the purpose of your statement, then you're sadly mistaken.
Your open-ended comment was taken by (I'm sure) many people (leftists, rightwingers, and others) as a bash on leftists because of your history of bashing on leftists. That's it. There's no cutting around the edge, beating around the bushes,... no nothing.
No, sorry, That really don't pass the smell test. There is no collinearity between unspecified comments and insults towards leftists unless the comment, even though unspecified, speaks to an unflattering truism.There's only one possible reason for this "assumption" that I must have been jabbing at leftists. Is there a corollary between leftism and being offensively soft on crime, thus, when I made a comment on people who were soft on crime (including egregious things like putting babies in microwaves) it is presumed to be a jab at leftists because, well, there's just a scintilla of truth to it (even though you may not like it) ?Shout thief in a crowd and watch who runs.
scram's Mom was too religous for that.
Shouldn't you be out stealing hubcaps or working in someones garden or something?
No, sorry, That really don't pass the smell test. There is no collinearity between unspecified comments and insults towards leftists unless the comment, even though unspecified, speaks to an unflattering truism.There's only one possible reason for this "assumption" that I must have been jabbing at leftists. Is there a corollary between leftism and being offensively soft on crime, thus, when I made a comment on people who were soft on crime (including egregious things like putting babies in microwaves) it is presumed to be a jab at leftists because, well, there's just a scintilla of truth to it (even though you may not like it) ?Shout thief in a crowd and watch who runs.
I don't disagree that leftists consider themselves frontrunners for "fixing" instead of "punishing".In this situation, how hardcore of a liberal do you think it would take for one to, actually, agree with that absurd statement in this extreme of a case?There are plenty of intelligent well-meaning liberal people that don't follow the ignorant stereotype made of them. I would probably include Yorke in that category, but wait to see if he thinks that or not.Yorke =\= crazy ignorant active tree hugger in my mindAre they not both on the liberal side of the equation?

This reaction reminds me of a event that happend in my town awhile ago.Two 60+ year old Veterans in full certimonial dress collecting money for charity where beating up by 6 youths. Neither of them died but there was broken bones and because of there age most injuries are a bigger deal. They eventually caught the main attacker and such.Anyway I didnt think much of it after a while untill i was having a conversation with a taxi driver on the way back from the train station. He told me that he had droped off a prison guard one day and told him that when the imates learned that he was going to there prison, all social groups united in the torture of this guy. "He has had his legs pinned to his ears the moment he steped through the doors." That quote has always stuck with me.

This reaction reminds me of a event that happend in my town awhile ago.Two 60+ year old Veterans in full certimonial dress collecting money for charity where beating up by 6 youths. Neither of them died but there was broken bones and because of there age most injuries are a bigger deal. They eventually caught the main attacker and such.Anyway I didnt think much of it after a while untill i was having a conversation with a taxi driver on the way back from the train station. He told me that he had droped off a prison guard one day and told him that when the imates learned that he was going to there prison, all social groups united in the torture of this guy. "He has had his legs pinned to his ears the moment he steped through the doors." That quote has always stuck with me.
wow, thanks for the new visual(no, not serious, but wow...i wouldnt dout it thoguh)
Hmmm.is it wrong that my 1st reaction while reading this story is.... Microwaves cook from the inside out.
That's what I thought when I first heard the story. Immediately followed by: "Third degree burns on your spleen has to hurt like nine bitches on a bitchboat."
Hmmm.is it wrong that my 1st reaction while reading this story is.... Microwaves cook from the inside out.
Microwaves don't cook from the inside out. <---- things you learn from watching too much Mythbusters.
Microwaves don't cook from the inside out. <---- things you learn from watching too much Mythbusters.
yeah cause when i reheat steak, the freakion thing starts sizzling on the outside and inside is as cold as the cooler
This thread has it all.. drunk people, political debates, a disturbing story, funny jokes..all we need now is a picture of a naked girl and we're good!
Sold!1317.jpg
Some people would say he needs the death penalty for that.Others would say he needs therapy, compassion and understanding.
I don't know why everybody attacked you for this post, it's just a truth. What I am interested in though, is your opinion.
Shouldn't you be out stealing hubcaps or working in someones garden or something?
Suited is Mexican? (Lord, I apologize for that one there, and be with all the starving Pygmies down there in New Guinea, amen)