Raymer For President

I really hope this is some sad, sadistic joke that he is using to gain public attention. Maybe he will wear his trademark sunglasses to the debate so the other canidates can't get a read on him.

It's the delusion of "importance" that some people are afflicted by whenever they find themselves in the limelight. They believe that because they're more well known than the common man for whatever reason (TV star, Donald Trump, poker player, Paris Hilton), that makes them more important, thus things like the presidency and various political matters should be their oyster. It's why Hollywood actresses genuinely believe that the world should listen to their opinions on Darfour.It's what causes poker players to consider running for the Presidency.It's such an ugly personality trait, but at the same time, it's so entertaining. Their complete lack of self-awareness as they plug forward into territory that they're totally unqualified to handle is just amusing as hell to watch.

It's the delusion of "importance" that some people are afflicted by whenever they find themselves in the limelight. They believe that because they're more well known than the common man for whatever reason (TV star, Donald Trump, poker player, Paris Hilton), that makes them more important, thus things like the presidency and various political matters should be their oyster. It's why Hollywood actresses genuinely believe that the world should listen to their opinions on Darfour.It's what causes poker players to consider running for the Presidency.It's such an ugly personality trait, but at the same time, it's so entertaining. Their complete lack of self-awareness as they plug forward into territory that they're totally unqualified to handle is just amusing as hell to watch.
Very, very well said. It reminds me of the line from "The War Room" documentary when James Carville was watching Ross Perot dancing to "I'm Crazy" after losing the election and said...."That could be the single most expensive act of masturbation in the history of this country".
id rather vote for someone who isn't a fat, opinionated professional gambler
QFT
how can you say this.. she is a ****ing Senator.
So was Joe McCarthy.WTF does that mean?
It's the delusion of "importance" that some people are afflicted by whenever they find themselves in the limelight. They believe that because they're more well known than the common man for whatever reason (TV star, Donald Trump, poker player, Paris Hilton), that makes them more important, thus things like the presidency and various political matters should be their oyster.
barring your last clause, this is a perfectly true statement, and it seems to be too much ingrained into the nature of societal and political decisionmaking to be worth condemning. people who are seen more often than me have more public influence. that's just the way it is. i think most "famous" people acknowledge this and try to use their fame for something they deem a worthy cause. for certain incarcerated sluts, these causes might be more fashion- than darfur-related, but for others, these causes may be ones i agree with. not that it matters. people are allowed to get behind whatever they want--if i talk to a friend, like my silly little conservative friend nutzbuster, and try to convince him to agree with me politically, it's the same principle. i just hold less sway than sean penn, alec baldwin, or whichever "delu[ded]" hollywood star you're referring to. could some of these people be better informed about various political issues they choose to speak about? sure, but the same goes for politicians, lobbyists, and fcp posters alike.i'm fine with raymer running for president or vice president or whatever position he desires. i won't vote for him. meh.