hand 1.Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($213)Hero ($200)BB ($57.35)Preflop: Hero is SB with 8heart.gif, 8spade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $6, BB calls $4.Flop: ($12) 6spade.gif, Qspade.gif, 2club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $10, BB calls $10.Turn: ($32) 2diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB checks.River: ($32) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, BB bets $32, Hero ?_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

hand 2. this is a question...is this a good way to play this?Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)SB ($79.05)BB ($238)UTG ($389.90)Hero ($222.65)Button ($197)Preflop: Hero is MP with Kclub.gif, Adiamond.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $7, Button calls $7, 2 folds.Flop: ($17) 8diamond.gif, Kheart.gif, 4heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $14, Button calls $14.Turn: ($45) 6club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $25, Hero raises to $176, Button folds.Final Pot: $246_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _

hand 3.Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($270.40)UTG ($208.70)MP ($65.85)Button ($237.20)SB ($119.05)Preflop: Hero is BB with Adiamond.gif, 5club.gif. 3 folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $6, SB calls $4.Flop: ($12) 5spade.gif, 7club.gif, 9diamond.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($12) 3spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $8, SB calls $8.River: ($28) 2club.gif(2 players)SB bets $28, Hero calls $28.Final Pot: $84

Hand 1That is a strange bet from the BB3 Handed, I make this call.Hand 2Bit of an over bet. If we were looking to take this down, I don't hate it. However we do need to ask: What did we put the bad guy on? If a Flush Draw, then fine we make him pay for his semi-bluff.Hand 3This is what we get for playing weak aces. Yeah, this is a low board, but we only have middle pair with top kicker. Without a read this is a bit of a passive call. Could be a busted Straight or Flush Draw, but I don't like it.

Hand 1: Call. Easy.Hand 2: I like your turn line against aggro opponent but reraise less, we still want a flush draw to call us with incorrect odds. Hand 3: Fold. The fact that its blind vs blind and there is a missed flush draw makes me wanna call but there are so many hands that kill you. 46 and 68 play it identical.

I'd say bet the turn on hand 1. If he's floating with junk you're going to have to call at least one big bet, and quite possibly another on the river. If you had a queen I would like your turn check a lot more. As played it's an easy call. It's very rare for villain to check behind on the turn with a hand that beats you there.Hand 2 I keep firing the turn. Giving a free card would suck. You can still c/c a blank river to induce a bluff if the draw misses.Hand 3 I definitely bet the flop. Fold the river.

Reads would seriously be helpful. That said...Hand 1: Call. This could be a queen, but it's very often a busted draw.Hand 2: Please don't generally play TPTK like this. =( This is a line for nuttish hands/semibluffs/bluffs. He really can't call that shove unless he's got you stomped.Hand 3: Meh. Read dependent. I think I usually fold here unless I've got a read telling me otherwise.Edit: Above posted w/o seeing results...so yay for correct reads.

Posting these in separate threads would get better discussion, especially since posters like me can be lazy and tend to have the attention spans of 2 year olds with ADD and don't wanna try and give advice on 3 hands in one thread. Nothing wrong with it, but i think you'll get better input if you spread them out.

Hand 1I call but would be surprised to see Q w/ low kicker.Hand 2I like raise to 8 pre and the rest seems fineHand 3I'd see the flop for free and if I raised pre then I would bet the flop. The way you played it I fold the river.also agree with Acid about putting these in separate threads.

Hand 1I call but would be surprised to see Q w/ low kicker.Hand 2I like raise to 8 pre and the rest seems fineHand 3I'd see the flop for free and if I raised pre then I would bet the flop. The way you played it I fold the river.also agree with Acid about putting these in separate threads.
When a non-tricky SB completes the SB when it's folded to him, it is positive EV to raise almost any 2. I don't do it because it'd be predictable. I raise most of the time it's folded to the SB who completes unless I have reason to believe he is catching on and is trapping me. But in a cash game, there can be a strong arguement for raising any2 from the BB everytime SB completes when he's first in.
When a non-tricky SB completes the SB when it's folded to him, it is positive EV to raise almost any 2. I don't do it because it'd be predictable. I raise most of the time it's folded to the SB who completes unless I have reason to believe he is catching on and is trapping me. But in a cash game, there can be a strong arguement for raising any2 from the BB everytime SB completes when he's first in.
just curious to hear what others think about this..
just curious to hear what others think about this..
I would agree most of the time, but of course once he starts to pick up on it, we gotta change gears.It's a bit different from the button play in another hand OP posted because the player has chosen to limp voluntarily, rather than already have half of a bet in the pot, but I see the similarities, and understand the 53s raise.

hand 1 is a call, he plays back at us with a queen or higher pphand 2 i dont like your raise amount, $80-$85 is more than enoughhand 3 i foldbtw, you're going to get better responses separating these into different threads. i really am too lazy to respond with more than a one liner here, like alot of people im guessing :club:

hand 1 is a call, he plays back at us with a queen or higher pphand 2 i dont like your raise amount, $80-$85 is more than enoughhand 3 i foldbtw, you're going to get better responses separating these into different threads. i really am too lazy to respond with more than a one liner here, like alot of people im guessing :club:
but you're not too lazy to read the responses and requote the same sentence 4 posters used before :D
but you're not too lazy to read the responses and requote the same sentence 4 posters used before :club:
i make a point of replying to any strat thread WITHOUT reading any responses to avoid either a. reading results or b. biasing my initial opinion. im here to improve my own game by sparking discussion aswell as helping you out, if you dont want that help theres no need to be a **** about it
i make a point of replying to any strat thread WITHOUT reading any responses to avoid either a. reading results or b. biasing my initial opinion. im here to improve my own game by sparking discussion aswell as helping you out, if you dont want that help theres no need to be a **** about it
I think his smiley at the end was a disclaimer that he wasn't being a **** about it.As for one hand at a time, that's usually a good idea, but there can be appropriate times to post a few together. Usually the hands should be with particular opponents, tell some sort of story, or have some similar characteristics. No biggie though.