suits not important, all relevant cards live (except the 6 :D burned). villain 1 seems to play razz hands, doesn't like high cards, and plays generally passive w/o a monster. villain 2 is the closest to a live one at the table. i've seen him make bets that don't make sense (naked 87 low hu against a pair on board and a likely made low)7 $3 antes.dealt to hero: (A :club: 5 :icon_dance: ) A :spade:villain 1: (XX) 3 :) villain 2: (XX) 4 :icon_dance: villain 1 brings in, 1 fold, hero raises, 3 folds, villain 2 calls, 1 fold, villain 1 calls.($78)4th street: hero: (A :D 5 :icon_dance:) A :D 9 :) (9's are live)villain 1: (XX) 3 :) 3 :icon_dance: villain 2:(XX) 4 :icon_dance: 4 :D villain 2 bets, villain 1 calls, hero?standard fold?

If it were me, my aces would hit the muck so fast the felt would be smoking behind them. You very well may be dog for high and all but busted for low (runner runner runner).I suppose maybe/possibly there could be a very unlikely scenario based on game play history where I would raise and force one or the other to define at the expense of a bet, but it would be one time in 500 in that circumstance. They would have to be extraordinarily bad players.

sometimes, i raise/fold here. sometimes, i just muck. since you're playing live, there should probably be enough physical info from your villains to tell you which is the proper play.don't just assume ghosts are pouring out of the closet, though. ask yourself this: is it more likely that these guys hit 2 outers on the high or that they bricked a low draw with those 4th streets?

sometimes, i raise/fold here. sometimes, i just muck. since you're playing live, there should probably be enough physical info from your villains to tell you which is the proper play.don't just assume ghosts are pouring out of the closet, though. ask yourself this: is it more likely that these guys hit 2 outers on the high or that they bricked a low draw with those 4th streets?
Agreed...but he said villain 2 is the biggest fish at the table. And he bet it...so 4x44 is possible against a stud8 idiot. If you are going to fold it though, now is the time. Tough spot.OTOH, villain 2 had to cold-call a complete, so 4x4 should be fairly unlikely. So raise/folding might be better here.
  • 2 weeks later...
sometimes, i raise/fold here.
I was thinking about but this, but those 3's and 4's out of the deck really kill our chances of backing into a decent low. Both villains are at least calling the extra 1/2 bet. Too many weird, bad things going on here so I'm just getting out of the way.
  • 3 weeks later...
I was thinking about but this, but those 3's and 4's out of the deck really kill our chances of backing into a decent low. Both villains are at least calling the extra 1/2 bet. Too many weird, bad things going on here so I'm just getting out of the way.
No way. You're getting the odds to peel one off, it's more likely in Stud8 that they both have 3 card lows and are just playing the board now.

I'm average at best at Stud8, but I really doubt that I'd fold here. There's a lot of money in this pot and I think it's worth peeling a card off. It's possible that one of these two hit trips, but more likely that they made 2 pair at best, and hurt their low draws. FWIW, I'm folding on 6th if I don't catch 2 pair, trips or a low card.

• 2 weeks later...
Fold. You can find much better spots than this. Can't see calling being very profitable long term.
calling is horrid. if you think you're ahead, raise for value and to verify your read. if you think you're drawing to two outs, fold.
calling is horrid. if you think you're ahead, raise for value and to verify your read. if you think you're drawing to two outs, fold.