Ottawa Senators Playoff Thread

This mainevent guy is sending the reputation of Sens fans back 80 years..lol..I love it...Lets go devils
Didn't the Senators win 80 years ago?
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*ignores the page worth of nonsense babble above*Sens win tonight! Yay! 10 Wins to go!!!The OT loss in Game 2 was tough, but seriously, we split in Jersey - that's not a bad outcome. We've outplayed the Devils in all but 2 periods of hockey so far this series. Rather dominating really. Marty had his A game tonight and we still beat them. He can't play any better then that. But it was Razor with the big SO. The Devils are likely to start buckling soon.

you know what. neither of these teams looks all that good, i dont think the cup winner is coming from this series which pains me to say as a devils fan. marty is looking tired.

A: Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007New Jersey's Martin Brodeur and Ottawa's Ray EmeryQ: When is the last time both starting goalies recorded a point in the same playoff game?

9 W's to go!!!I have no idea what the fellow who said neither of these teams is looking very good is smoking, but it must be pretty strong. Only team that looks anything close to as strong as Ottawa in the playoffs is probably Anaheim.

Heatley's weird-ish goal really was big, bad goal for Brodeur to give up, I've seen him give up so many questionable goals this postseason, perhaps he's a wee bit tired.

8 W's to go! Bring on the Sabres!!!!(Not meant to disrespect any Ranger fans - but I think after that last loss the Rangers will have a tough time winning)

Getzlaf is a way better player than Fisher. You want a fast skating checking center in this league of average size, they are a dime a dozen.
Anyone notice my boy Mike Fisher out there last night...a monster of a game ! Scores in 2 out of 3 games since my rant, throws his body around like a madman, draws penalties...way to show em' up there Fish :club: Oh yeah Whiter, would you say Kris Draper is a dime a dozen average sized fast skating checking center ? Didn't think so...
Anyone notice my boy Mike Fisher out there last night...a monster of a game ! Scores in 2 out of 3 games since my rant, throws his body around like a madman, draws penalties...way to show em' up there Fish :club: Oh yeah Whiter, would you say Kris Draper is a dime a dozen average sized fast skating checking center ? Didn't think so...
It was a nice goal last night. It's tough to beat Miller in breakaways.I stand by my statement though. Fisher is not in the top 100 players in the league.A good player to have on your team but easily replaceable.
A good player to have on your team but easily replaceable.
No way; skillwise perhaps but he's the type of player that should have a letter on him (aka he brings the intangibles that the team needs).
No way; skillwise perhaps but he's the type of player that should have a letter on him (aka he brings the intangibles that the team needs).
I agree. Very valuable player. His speed opens up space for his line mates, his hitting and tenacity buoys his teams moral. Plus from what I've heard/read he's real good in the room (obviously I have no real evidence of that).
I agree. Very valuable player. His speed opens up space for his line mates, his hitting and tenacity buoys his teams moral. Plus from what I've heard/read he's real good in the room (obviously I have no real evidence of that).
I'm pretty sure he'd be an assistant captain already if it weren't for a) his past injuries that have kept him out of the lineup for extended periods b) the team wanted to suck up to Philips (he got Chara's A when he left).

SilverSeven is in full blown playoff mode...Gameday.Offday.Good, Sunday is an offday.Go Wings.EDIT: Wings lose, meh...actually works out goot, it stretches that series out...

Hey guys, I wish I was around here last night, I would have thrown in my 2¢ in the other thread with you guys. Here's a write-up of how last night went down for me, hope you enjoy the read.So I was playing the first slo-pitch ball game of the season at 8PM yesterday night. I had to get to the park for 7:40ish, which meant I had to leave my place around 7:15, so I could only catch the puck drop before heading out the door.Now the plan was that I'd tape the game and watch it with my Sens fan buddy when we got back (he also plays ball with me). Well, I have one of those learning universal remotes, so my regular VCR remote is now lost somewhere in my apartment. I have (almost) every button programmed onto my universal remote, so it's normally no big deal, I can use my VCR fine. However, the only button I don't have is the one that switches the mode from EP to SP. So for the last while the VCR is on SP so I can only get 2 hours worth of recording off of my tapes.So here I am, frantically searching for my stupid VCR remote from like 6:30 till 7:15...can't find it anywhere. I'm tilting big time cause I know I'll be missing the end of the third period on the tape and I'd have to find out the final score from the sports newscasts or online after watching most of the game. But hey, what'll you do...I press record and let it go, I'll find out when I get back. Like we say in french, "advienne que pourra", whatever happens, happens.So we play the ballgame, I go 3-for-4 but we get shellacked like 15-6 (with a maximum-4-run-per-inning rule), I'm pissed cause we sucked defensively and I only get 1 fly ball all game in center field (brag warning...but I'm a very good defensive ball player, played my baseball career as catcher, I have soft hands, I can field ground balls and chase down popups as good as anybody...) Whatever, we'll adjust, it's only the first game of the year with a new team, I'll probably end up playing the diamond or rover, so we'll see...OK, so I get home after the game and my VCR shows 02:43:00 on the display...sweet !!! So we get to watch the entire game, even Don Cherry's post-game comments just squeaked in there before the end of the tape. So, here are some of my thoughts on the game...I'm not used to watching taped games much anymore, it's pretty cool to be able to instant replay and pause as much as you want...We had at least 4 huge scoring chances before the first TV timeout and then another half-dozen before Alfredsson finally gets one...One of those was Miller's blocker save off of Schaefer, that was just sick...Comrie is really playing with confidence, 2 sick moves he pulled, first the fake drop pass then drive wide after gaining the line, and then the between-the-legs back pass to the d-man from the high slot on the PP...Redden and Meszaros are now on a 10-game streak without getting scored on - and they play big time PK minutes...McAmmond dangling and criss-crossing on a PK 1-on-1 against Campbell and then still hanging on to it and throwing it back to the D-man was vintage...There is one flaw with the "must stay on the ice after an icing rule", I believe it was in the second period after a Sens PP, one of the dead tired Sabres penalty killers fired the puck down the ice for icing, but it was TV timeout time so they get to rest for 2 minutes...In this case, the TV timeout should be delayed and a draw should be taken right away with the same players...There was this one play where of the Sabres' D flipped the puck over the glass from just at his blue line, Alfie, Vermette, Neil and Schubert were all screaming at the refs from the bench that he hadn't left the zone...upon home VCR frame-by-frame review, he had just passed the line by about 4 inches before starting his shoot-in, good call by the zebras...Does Vermette have an active stick or what ? That guy's brain is just in overdrive when he's on the ice, what a great player to watch...Last thought, man are we schooling these Sabres, really, they are being soooo badly outplayed it's just scary :) Go :club: Sens :D:D Go :D:D:)