Top Pair, Easy Fold ?

Ultimate BetLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2./$49 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $114.75UTG+1: $160.25MP1: $59Hero: $56.25MP3: $148.75CO: $168.25Button: $229SB: $141.25BB: $75Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with J :) K :D UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB checks.Flop: J :club: 7 :D 3 :D (4.5SB, 4 players)BB bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, CO calls, BB calls.Turn: 2 :D (5.25BB, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, Hero...Table has been relatively tight and straight foward. After the flop, I figure my hand is good and am really only worried about the flush draw. Once it hits the turn am I done with the hand?

Ususally.OP,Please realize that CO's coldcall is not always a flush draw.What do you think he does with QTo?
I understand your point in general, but do you think someone would cold call two bets with QT off?

you guys are raising KJo pf here?I think it's more of a limping hand herewe're less likely to get HU with the limper because there are so many to act behind us. if we were maybe CO or later I like it, or if we think MP3 CO and button are hardly ever calling 2 coldmeh, if the table's been tight i dont hate it, but i dont think its an automatic pf raise

you guys are raising KJo pf here?I think it's more of a limping hand herewe're less likely to get HU with the limper because there are so many to act behind us. if we were maybe CO or later I like it, or if we think MP3 CO and button are hardly ever calling 2 coldmeh, if the table's been tight i dont hate it, but i dont think its an automatic pf raise
i think that raising preflop here is situational. it depends on the person who limped and the people yet to act. chalk this up to an example of why table and seat selection matter. you want that limper to suck and you want the people who act after you to be weak tight.
Yup. I would also raise preflop.
fold that crap preflop...I can't believe nobody's said it yet.I'm getting that FWP feeling...donka donka donka!
fold that crap preflop...I can't believe nobody's said it yet.I'm getting that FWP feeling...donka donka donka!
If I was 1 spot earlier I probably would. Thats just where my cutoff normally would be. I think limping would be bad too due to waht Zach said about it playing poorly multiway. Also with a read that the limper was good I would also fold, but with no read either way Ill assume the limper sucks.
I think limping would be bad too due to waht Zach said about it playing poorly multiway.
that was me,don't worryI've been called worse.if you have loose players to the left, I might limp to encourage more worse hands in (SSHE, it's a limp)Decen players left of you, I raise to isolate and get postionI can't say there is a huge diff among all 3 choices and table dynamics would dictate
Playing more hands is waaaaay more fun.
This is true.But seriously, if you're in then definitely raise with KJo. With an early limper, low limit holdem and midposition I fold this hand most of the time.Consider this. AJo is about an even EV hand over a brazillion hands. Think about how much weaker KJo is.
This is true.But seriously, if you're in then definitely raise with KJo. With an early limper, low limit holdem and midposition I fold this hand most of the time.Consider this. AJo is about an even EV hand over a brazillion hands. Think about how much weaker KJo is.
This seems wrong depending on what you call "about an even EV hand" maybe in ep its pretty neutral but Id have to think its a winner overall on a decent players database. I really need to get PokerTracker so I can look up my numbers when I sya things like this.
This seems wrong depending on what you call "about an even EV hand" maybe in ep its pretty neutral but Id have to think its a winner overall on a decent players database. I really need to get PokerTracker so I can look up my numbers when I sya things like this.
AJo is a winner without a doubt.
Well the analysis was originally done by Sklansky and had the hand simulated over lots of hands (I don't know the exact number). It concluded that AJ is such a small positive EV that you could pretty much consider it even EV.Logically it makes sense. The hand is behind AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ. It's on the dummy end of a coin toss for 22 to TT.I wish I had my poker tracker but I'm at the office and without my laptop...it's funny I never actually did that before. I just took it as fact because my LHE results improved after I put AJ and KQ in about the same category and mentally lowered it's EV. I'll definitely check my PT now though...Good idea!
I just checked my PT...AJo specifically is my 3rd most profitable hand, lol.My sample is too small though, only 12k hands on my new laptop.
I've got 200k+ hands of strictly LHE in there. I don't know if it'll be accurate even then though because I don't always play AJ.
I've got 200k+ hands of strictly LHE in there. I don't know if it'll be accurate even then though because I don't always play AJ.
In all reality, it is a marginal hand, in EP in full ring LHE.However, what really makes the difference is the ability of a certain player to play postflop. That is what really makes AJo a profitable hand. Most of the people who post here in strat can play AJo postflop. SSHE labels AJo as a marginal, or neutral EV hand because it's designed for beginners, with no postflop experience, so the right play, especially in loose games, is tight is right.Winning in LHE is pretty much based on playing postflop vs bad players. If I can see a flop with AJo vs bad players, I guarantee I can make it profitable. As you get better and better postflop, you'll (not you specifically) be able to add more and more hands (especially in position) vs worse players.