Irony Of A Bad Call

Last night I was playing a home game with 7 handed 1-2 NL. Everything was going good until this one particular hand. I am on the button with AK and there was 5 limpers I raise the pot to $18. The guy that is first to act after me thinks and calls, 3 players muck after him and this other guy raises (who is known to put plays with donkey hands) to 35. I push all in, I got about $350 and both of them covered, the other 2 guys have about 60-80 in front of them. Guy who orginally called the $18 raise goes all in for $65 the other calls I cant really remember what he had it was like 65-80 range. So the flop comes out K84 and the guy that first called goes "oh thats a great flop bring the clubs" and sure enough the turn is a club and river is an ace. He flips over his hand J2 of clubs and everyone at the table has this puzzled shock look like WOW how the **** do you call that and get so lucky. I ask the other guy what he had, and if he had a big pair and he said noooo way you had me crushed. So I took down this little side pot of like 15 dollars or so. So Im asking this guy "how do you call that? and he gets this cocky look on his face and acts like he is the best player" I play with this guy all the time. He responds by "because it was you raising." So ovbiously he has a target out for me???? But his call is unjustified no matter what anyone says $18 preflop first caller out of position and than calls when someone raises and pushes all in, wow donkey.So I am just waiting to get my money in a pot and give this guy a bad beat. I get 10 9 on the button again and raise to 22 (several hands later) the same donk that called me with J2 of clubs pushes all in for $96. I got about $650ish at this time so I decided to gamble and hope to give him a bad beat. The flop comes out KJ6 turn is a Q and river J. He doesnt show his hand real fast so I knew he didnt have a full house and I said "I got a straight...." he shows pocket aces and starts going on this rant "you're going to call me with 10 9 off suit?????????" my only response was "now you know how it feels when I lost to jack duece!" and he just kept going on and on all night how that was the worst call in the world. Got to love the irony in this one.So has anyone else have a TARGET when they play? I don't think its a good idea, but this guy ALWAYS targets me and majority of the time he loses so I dont understand why in the world he tries to run me down all the time. I was wondering how you guys deal with this as far as being targeted?

there was this guy(middle aged asain guy with a reputation of being extremely loose) at a local card room last night he kinda threw out thirty in 1-2 game from first position.....3 callers before me in the SB...look down at the 10-7 offsuit!!!...so i smooth call.....flop is K88...I check he throws out 60 into this 150ish pot....other three guys fold....I insta push (about 210 total more).....he folds...so i flip up my powerful 10-7offuit.....he goes apesh!t........he was my target for the rest of the nighton begin targeted....just sit back and wait for hands.......over the long run you will be a winner

Its all extra information yiu have, think hemst be letting his ego get involved in the game. Maybe he doesnt like you or the colour of you shirt etc.Keep calm, dont let him get to you and try to tilt him as often as possible like you did there, although I dont think trying to get it in with the worst hand is +ve

If I feel like someone is trying to bust me, I don't play very many pots. That aggression usually gets em clipped by the other players at the table pretty fast, unless they are incredibly lucky. I used to try and target em back, but that busted me way too much. I generally like to see cheap flops, and when the flop hits me square in the face I like to min bet if I know the donkey is gonna reraise me, thinking i'm weak...then I pounce. Mind you, this tactic i've only used online.....live might be a whole different animal....It works well for me online tho, some times I still get sucked out on...but I don't say anything to em, cuz I know I'll get paid more often than getting beat. I don't know if this answers your question. I kinda suck at explaining my strategies...:club:

playing to try and put a bad beat on someone just beacuse they sucked out on you is stupid and proves that you tilt easily

Are there any open seats at your game?In all seriousness, asking someone how they called that or steaming over it, especially in a cash game, shows the sign of someone who still has some learning to do. Ask yourself this...if he turned his hand face up and asked you if you wanted him to call, how would you have answered?

Are there any open seats at your game?In all seriousness, asking someone how they called that or steaming over it, especially in a cash game, shows the sign of someone who still has some learning to do. Ask yourself this...if he turned his hand face up and asked you if you wanted him to call, how would you have answered?
This bit on the end here is bang on, good stuff
Last night I was playing a home game with 7 handed 1-2 NL. Everything was going good until this one particular hand. I am on the button with AK and there was 5 limpers I raise the pot to $18. The guy that is first to act after me thinks and calls, 3 players muck after him and this other guy raises (who is known to put plays with donkey hands) to 35. I push all in, I got about $350 and both of them covered, the other 2 guys have about 60-80 in front of them. Guy who orginally called the $18 raise goes all in for $65 the other calls I cant really remember what he had it was like 65-80 range. So the flop comes out K84 and the guy that first called goes "oh thats a great flop bring the clubs" and sure enough the turn is a club and river is an ace. He flips over his hand J2 of clubs and everyone at the table has this puzzled shock look like WOW how the **** do you call that and get so lucky. I ask the other guy what he had, and if he had a big pair and he said noooo way you had me crushed. So I took down this little side pot of like 15 dollars or so. So Im asking this guy "how do you call that? and he gets this cocky look on his face and acts like he is the best player" I play with this guy all the time. He responds by "because it was you raising." So ovbiously he has a target out for me???? But his call is unjustified no matter what anyone says $18 preflop first caller out of position and than calls when someone raises and pushes all in, wow donkey.So I am just waiting to get my money in a pot and give this guy a bad beat. I get 10 9 on the button again and raise to 22 (several hands later) the same donk that called me with J2 of clubs pushes all in for $96. I got about $650ish at this time so I decided to gamble and hope to give him a bad beat. The flop comes out KJ6 turn is a Q and river J. He doesnt show his hand real fast so I knew he didnt have a full house and I said "I got a straight...." he shows pocket aces and starts going on this rant "you're going to call me with 10 9 off suit?????????" my only response was "now you know how it feels when I lost to jack duece!" and he just kept going on and on all night how that was the worst call in the world. Got to love the irony in this one.So has anyone else have a TARGET when they play? I don't think its a good idea, but this guy ALWAYS targets me and majority of the time he loses so I dont understand why in the world he tries to run me down all the time. I was wondering how you guys deal with this as far as being targeted?
He played like a donkey and then got you to play like a donkey. Nice.

This is known as advertising. By making a bad call once, he goaded you into making a bad call at a later point. The -EV on the original bad call is compensated by the extra money you win in subsequent pots. All in all, the call with J2 is a good play.

This is known as advertising. By making a bad call once, he goaded you into making a bad call at a later point. The -EV on the original bad call is compensated by the extra money you win in subsequent pots. All in all, the call with J2 is a good play.
LOL
playing to try and put a bad beat on someone just beacuse they sucked out on you is stupid and proves that you tilt easily
QFT. Any time I see a couple donks trying to bust each other to satisfy their own egos, I tighten up and look to smash them.