Champions League

Vidic out for the first leg against Inter. Unbelievable... this is why the World Club Cup is such a joke. Not only does it mean we have to fly to the other side of the world to play more games (at an already busy time of the year in terms of fixtures) and risk injuries, but if we pick up suspensions, we get punished! For something we'd choose not to even play in!Seriously, that pisses me off, and Vidic out is a massive loss away against Inter.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, that pisses me off, and Vidic out is a massive loss away against Inter.
Oh... I was just coming in here to write that, lol.Yeah, he's a big loss and I'm a bit scared for us tomorrow night. To make things worse, I think Evans, Rafael and O'Shea are out too (horrible deja-vu here, against AC Milan two years ago where our defence was decimated?).Mourinho, tactically, will test us more than anyone this season... and the Ibrahimovic/Adriano partnership is maybe the second best strikeforce in the world at the moment, so it will be very tough. We need to go there and attack, simple as that, because if we start sitting back waiting to get them back to OT we could be punished.The good thing for us, is that I can't see us NOT scoring, so even if it's 2-1 to Inter, we can hopefully beat them at home to win the tie.1-1 is my biased/hopeful prediction, but 2-1 Inter is more likely.
Oh... I was just coming in here to write that, lol.Yeah, he's a big loss and I'm a bit scared for us tomorrow night. To make things worse, I think Evans, Rafael and O'Shea are out too (horrible deja-vu here, against AC Milan two years ago where our defence was decimated?).Mourinho, tactically, will test us more than anyone this season... and the Ibrahimovic/Adriano partnership is maybe the second best strikeforce in the world at the moment, so it will be very tough. We need to go there and attack, simple as that, because if we start sitting back waiting to get them back to OT we could be punished.The good thing for us, is that I can't see us NOT scoring, so even if it's 2-1 to Inter, we can hopefully beat them at home to win the tie.1-1 is my biased/hopeful prediction, but 2-1 Inter is more likely.
Wish I'd read this last night.Anyways, even with a weaker side Inter do not have a Kaka who can torment weaker players. Ibra is good, but his work-rate is not at the same level as his natural talent so he'll never be truly world-class.This leads me to your second point - Adriano/Ibra 2nd best strike force in the world? Nooooooooooo. Not even close. The Italian league is just so weak just now Inter have been able to just cruise along and win, they don't do what Barca do and totally anhillate teams.I assume most of this post will not be news to you as you watch the game. Ronaldo looks in the mood. Adriano and Ibra look like they'd rater be elsewhere.In other news Juninho scored a free-kick for Lyon, an absolute belter. That man's dead-ball ability is frightening.
How are Man U not ahead after that 1st half. I've not seen an Italian team dominated in their own stadium like that for years.
Julio Cesar.
That really should not have been a 0-0 game! Don't like not scoring an away goal, but at least we know we just have to beat them, plain and simple, at OT.
In fairness, I have never seen a team play so well in a 0-0 tie.Ronaldo will have some nightmares.
In fairness, I have never seen a team play so well in a 0-0 tie.Ronaldo will have some nightmares.
The more I think about it, the more I hate that we didn't score... I have a bad feeling about this tie. ****ing Mourinho running up and down the line at OT in the 90th minute again? Oh God, please no!
  • 2 weeks later...

Such a great performance by Liverpool, different class.Chelsea on the up and up, with Hiddink at the moment.And what the hell did Bayern Munich do with Sporting Lisbon?? I love the Champions League, just hope we don't disappoint tomorrow night.

I wasn't awake to follow the game while it was on, so I was sure you were being sarcastic and Liverpool got slaughtered or something. But what an excellent surprise! Probably too late to even pressure Man U, but let's put together a run and make it close.

Yes! What a game!I was in the computer lab and the kid next to me was watching a live stream of this game on his computer. Needless to say, I got no work done.

thats the best I have ever seen Liverpool play. it could have been 10-0. Casillas actually played pretty well for a guy who gave up 4 goals.

i got a funny feeling about inter tonight - its the mourinho factor, without him i think they would be a 6/1 dog to progress at old trafford but with him in there that price just falls to like 11/8 imo. probably the toughest game of the season for united right here.

Great start for United; great corner by Giggs, great header by Vidic. Exactly what they needed; put Inter behind the 8-ball at OT.

there was no way Man U was losing that game. The Premier League is in a different class this year (with the exception of Barcelona of course who could easily win the Champions League as well).

there was no way Man U was losing that game. The Premier League is in a different class this year (with the exception of Barcelona of course who could easily win the Champions League as well).
Give them to United in the next round, we'll sort them out. They might be too much for the other English clubs and I'd still like all 4 of us to get to the semis, if possible.

Draw is done.Liverpool v Chelsea - really? How many times?!Barcelona v Bayern MunichMan Utd v PortoArsenal v VillarealSo the hoped for Barca v MU final is a possibility!

Draw is done.Liverpool v Chelsea - really? How many times?!Barcelona v Bayern MunichMan Utd v PortoArsenal v VillarealSo the hoped for Barca v MU final is a possibility!
this is easily one of the best draws we could've gotten. We avoid chelsea, the scum, and barca and we get porto at home and have been able to handle the arse for the past couple of years. Villareal could be tricky if they make it through the arse, but this is a great way for us to get through to the final. Now we just need to do the business on the pitch and hopefully a sparkling night of football will happen between us and Barca in Rome in may

Yeah, Man. U got pretty much the best draw they could have hoped for. Really nasty draw for Liverpool. I actually think the Bayern/Barca match-up should be quite good and is maybe the most interesting draw.

I think Man U and Arsenal got the draws they were looking for. The other side of the draw is the stuff of nightmares. Despite their impressive win against Madrid I can't help feel that Liverpool will stick 10 behind the ball against Chelsea and hope that Torres or Gerard can find something special in between.

• 3 weeks later...

Waiting on James to take the bait from the muff thread....Seriously though, how bad have MU been tonight? Porto obviously aren't a great side these days but they look like world-beaters!And of course as I type that Tevez scores. Totally unjust.EDIT: Oh.