A Hand That's Bothering Me

i'm in the fold pf camp. i understand the desire to push back against the aggressive player, but a8o OOP isn't the hand to do it with. pick a better spot. i would almost rather do this with a suited connector than with a8o because with a connector its pretty easy to get away from if you don't connect. with this hand it gets difficult to let go of, as you can see. honestly, after you reraise and he calls the bet i almost would lean towards c/f the turn. you're in a spot where you're either drawing dead, or drawing to 3 outs, or, best case, he has a ton of outs against you. only in extremely rare cases against really bad players will you be against a weaker ace where you are actually ahead, and, of course, on the turn its irrelevant because any ace you used to beat chops now. when you bet the turn you're doing so to do two things, to make the draws pay and to make the weaker aces fold. the problem is that unless they are a weak player, the only draws still sticking around are big draws, like kqc or axc, its unlikely that they will let go of the hand, although this is your most likely scenario. if they have a weaker ace, well, they are likely not a great player, not laying down a weak ace against a reraise, and they likely won't fold anyways. so you bet in a situation where you're likely to get called when you chop, likely to get called when you're ahead but they have a lot of outs to beat you, and will definitely get called when you're behind. it just doesn't seem like a +EV situation. if this person is bad enough to be in the hand with something that you beat it just seems like there will be much better situations that come up later in the game where you can get their money IMO.
Exactly, great post. Stick around dude, this site needs more people like you.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather you 3 bet something like 87 than A8 OOP. Made a play, didnt really work out. Time to move on.

OK...I know what you're thinking. I fold this A8 even if it was suited 99% of the time in the blinds by a 2nd position raiser. The only reason I was defending was because villain was very active in the 10 minutes that I've spend at the table raising lots of pots.
You've labelled him as a LAG in 1 maybe 2 orbits? 1st mistakeA8o OOP? 2nd mistakeCommiting more money after the flop call? 3rd mistake
I was pretty happy to see this flop and after his call narrowed his range to AQ, AXs, or a club flush draw, or a KQ of clubs which is also an inside straight draw. I was hoping for the turn to blank.
Assigning such a tight range to an unknown (ie a known for 10 mins)? 4th mistake A lot of maniacs (if he is one) love fancy play. He could easily have AA, JJ, 66, AK, AJ, A6 as well and be happy for you to do the betting.No nice way to put it - you butchered the hand. We all do it. Learn and move on.

Cant get a donkey off of any ace at that limit online.Against better players, your play most likely would have resulted in them kicking in the AQ. Hell if it was me, and I had AQ and you reraised me to $36, I would have folded preflop, fearing a high PP. Or you could have easily had AK. However donks do not undersstand this reasoning.So when playing against donks, playing hands like A8...is just not a wise decision

I want you at my game. Bring all your money.
Lets play 200 HU on stars (sit and go). Arrange a time after the 5th of april between the 7th of april and we can play best out of 5.
I want you at my game
Lets play 200 HU on stars (sit and go, non turbo). Arrange a time after the 5th of april between the 7th of april and we can play best out of 5.GabeTheKid on Stars
PM me when you can play. I play FT, though.
I don't have $ on FT...if u use netteler transfer $ to stars...if u dont just deposit 600 on stars or something
Sigh. I only play Mac sites. Maybe this is reason enough to attempt to load the PC emulator.
It sure is. You could win like 600 off me and it'll cover the cost.what is your sn on full tilt?
Can you play on FT?
don't have enough on my visa to deposit there for a couple weeks. PM me if you manage to get like 600 on PS.

Hey, bro, a few weekends ago, I qualified for the big Sunday tournies on both Stars and Tilt. I also use a Mac, as do all of my family members. I went to my father's house and jumped on his iMac and booted up Parallels (I think that's what it is called) and played with Tilt open on the Mac half of the monitor and Stars opened on the crappy Windows portion.It worked perfectly. It was actually faster than most of my friends' computers.

I don't think you should be challenging people to $200 HU sngs. JMHO.
Do you always talk out of your ***? Have you checked my sharkscope? Or wait...I bought some expensive things on my visa and so that OBVIOUSLY means that I suck at poker. some ppl's stupidity really surprises me. what's ur FT screen name?
Do you always talk out of your ***? Have you checked my sharkscope? Or wait...I bought some expensive things on my visa and so that OBVIOUSLY means that I suck at poker. some ppl's stupidity really surprises me. what's ur FT screen name?
Can you really be this easy to tilt?
Can you really be this easy to tilt?
seeing how i asked for ur FT sn twice, I'm assuming your stats are a little embarassing as you don't want me to see them.
LOL, you're right. I have sucky sharkscope stats. Let's just match up in the $200 sng.
lol...ok tool...i already said i will as soon as u deposit on PS...Can i make it clearer?and it's obvious u do have 'sucky sharkscope stats' because now 3 times u ignore the question. You really think I can't read through ur little act. You get stupider every post you make. If you didn't have 'sucky sharkscope stats' and you had a nice ROI with a nice sample, you woulda been glad to give me your SN the first time I asked. I hope for your sakes you can bluff better in poker, although according to your 'sucky sharkscope stats' your probably can't. Please lock this thread, and stdesmoines, PM me when you get the balls to play me.