• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Spacek is my whipping boy for the season, he is playing brutal hockey right now.90% of his shots miss the net completely.He gets bet 1 on 1 constantly.His 1st pass is embarrassing at times.He is positionally irrelevant.

umm assault maybe..While there wasnt any damage done, there could of been..Rypien tried to grab the guy ..
If the fan grabbed and shook Rypien you can bet your ass he'd be arrested and charged with assault before he was out of the building.
He would also be let go in a week, with the charges dropped unless he had a record.I was also questioning the lawsuit part, not the charge. If they want to charge Rypien with misdemeanour assault, that is fine, but a lawsuit when there is no damages would be a little pointless.
http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/3580...NHL-season.htmlIt seems that the NHL is cracking down in their own way, but I think they need to be proactive instead of reactive. Right now, it doesn't seem like the possible consequences are a deterrent. If a hit to the head was an automatic 5-10 game suspension with the possibility of more depending on the condition of the victim then I think it would serve as more of a deterrent.
I was also questioning the lawsuit part, not the charge. If they want to charge Rypien with misdemeanour assault, that is fine, but a lawsuit when there is no damages would be a little pointless.
This. What he did was assault, no question. But to sue his is ridiculous and will get you nothing because there were no damages. Well except for the tickets but with a lawyer and filing fees you will lose money.

Hey Wayne,You probably know about this but Wendel is signing autos..Amateur hour for the pros..but here you go incase you didnt know.It’s an opportunity that can’t be missed if you’re a hockey fan in the Toronto area: a FREE signing by Maple Leafs legend Wendel Clark!Head on down to the Maple Leaf Square Longo’s store (15 York Street) this Saturday, October 23 from 12:30 to 2:30 for your chance to meet Wendel and get an autograph. Don’t have anything to get signed? Don’t worry as Longo’s has you covered as they will be providing photos for each person attending the event to have signed. Autographs will be limited to one per person

Hey Wayne,You probably know about this but Wendel is signing autos..Amateur hour for the pros..but here you go incase you didnt know.It’s an opportunity that can’t be missed if you’re a hockey fan in the Toronto area: a FREE signing by Maple Leafs legend Wendel Clark!Head on down to the Maple Leaf Square Longo’s store (15 York Street) this Saturday, October 23 from 12:30 to 2:30 for your chance to meet Wendel and get an autograph. Don’t have anything to get signed? Don’t worry as Longo’s has you covered as they will be providing photos for each person attending the event to have signed. Autographs will be limited to one per person
Thanks!!! I found out about this in the morning from a fellow autograph hound. It is the grand opening of Longos.
I think I heard Luke Schenn is signing at some place in Vaughan on Saturday too.Anyone know where Brett Lebda and Colton Orr will be signing autos?
Ill let you know..
I think I heard Luke Schenn is signing at some place in Vaughan on Saturday too.Anyone know where Brett Lebda and Colton Orr will be signing autos?
Never heard of the Lebda and Orr thing. Orr will not sign fighting pictures.Here is the Schenn (I am not going):Sunday, October 24, from 2pm-4pmGrand opening of new Lowe'sHwy 7+ Hwy 400Last night was (I did not go):Luke Schenn & Tyler BozakBoston Pizza (owner is Keith Acton)1060 Hoover ParkStouffville, ON10/19/10 7:00 - 8:00

Has anyone else noticed the new tie-breaking procedure?* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: * The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). * The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout (NEW for 2010-11). * The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. * The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.In bold, this is new this year. On NHL.com standings you have to view the standings for league or conference, not division. This seems to make a huge difference, and it will be interesting to see how it affects games with 2 or less weeks remaining.

Who does Jodron Eberle think he is?
I posted this a while ago. It's funny.============They announced that points thing in the summer too. Makes the shootout slightly less important, I guess. Seems there's a trend among the GMs and owners that they want to distance themselves from the shootout, more and more.
I posted this a while ago. It's funny.============They announced that points thing in the summer too. Makes the shootout slightly less important, I guess. Seems there's a trend among the GMs and owners that they want to distance themselves from the shootout, more and more.
I wish they just went all out and abolished it..But you are right...
ahh my bad, missed it the first time.
I thought they were trying to make the overtime more exciting.My fun idea for OT? No goalies, whoever scores the most in 5 minutes wins.

I am watching the Buffalo/ Atlanta game from Atlanta..I wonder what Bettman thinks when he sees all these empty seats..Pretty brutal.

great documentary on right now on TSN called OIL CHANGE..behind the scenes at the Oilers management at the draftEDIT..Its from the draft all the way to the season..All the moves and behind the scenes stuff..Love this

He would also be let go in a week, with the charges dropped unless he had a record.I was also questioning the lawsuit part, not the charge. If they want to charge Rypien with misdemeanour assault, that is fine, but a lawsuit when there is no damages would be a little pointless.
James Duthie reported that the fan is indeed pressing charges for assault.
James Duthie reported that the fan is indeed pressing charges for assault.
Of course he is. It's the United States of America, where you can sue someone else over your own stupidity.
Of course he is. It's the United States of America, where you can sue someone else over your own stupidity.
I agree the lawsuit probably wont get very far, but the fan is at no fault here.Also its to be noted the fan wasnt actually tossed, they were moved to a different seat at centre ice..
I agree the lawsuit probably wont get very far, but the fan is at no fault here.Also its to be noted the fan wasnt actually tossed, they were moved to a different seat at centre ice..
The fan is at fault for filing a stupid lawsuit.
The fan is at fault for filing a stupid lawsuit.
I realize it's not exactly the same thing, but I just get the mental image of somone at a zoo sticking their arm into the lions cage and then looking surprised when the lion takes a swipe at them, and blaming the lion....