Ok, I will admit first off, having reviewed the way I played the hand out, I was playing horribly, but I would like to hear your opinions on this hand that occured at a B&M playing $1/2 NL (max buy in $100). Bear with me on the format, I will try to explain as best as possible.Background/Reads: Villian sat down maybe 15-20 hands previous, and has a very aggressive style. He took many stabs at pots, never really showed hands much up till this point. The table wasn't standing up at all to his flop cont bets, and he usually took down the pot right then and there. He was involved in a majority of the hands played up to this point. My image (if anyone at this table was paying attention lol) was tight at the moment. I was sitting at about $180, villain at about $160**edited for approx stack sizes and max buyin**I was in the BB and looked down to QJd. There were 3 limpers (UTG+1, MP and Button), and the SB folded (dont ask me why :club:) Villian was on the button. Flop comes down 10s 9s 5d. It got checked around to the button who made his standard shot at the pot for $7 into a pot of $9. I then raised it $20, figuring I could take this pot down right here. The other 2 fold around back to the button, who ends up calling. Turn Card is a 2h. My action? I'll post results of the hand after some response. Not sure how far I should describe the hand, but I would appreciate your thoughts thus far.

Include stack sizes.Ask yourself, what hand am I representing with this check-raise? Probably top pair, good kicker. Maybe 2 pair.What had does the villain likely hold after he calls the check-raise? Probably top pair or a draw. Maybe 2nd pair.Is the turn likely to help him? Very unlikelyIf I had the hand I'm representing, what would I do if that turn fell? I'd make another bet to protect my hand.You have 8 outs for the nuts, plus as many as 6 more outs. I'm leading the turn again with a 2/3 pot bet.

i agree. stack sizes are important, but assuming a medium stack, you shouldn't freeze up with a flat call. continue your semi-bluff and lead again with a 35-50 dollar bet on the turn.

Include stack sizes.Ask yourself, what hand am I representing with this check-raise? Probably top pair, good kicker. Maybe 2 pair.What had does the villain likely hold after he calls the check-raise? Probably top pair or a draw. Maybe 2nd pair.Is the turn likely to help him? Very unlikelyIf I had the hand I'm representing, what would I do if that turn fell? I'd make another bet to protect my hand.You have 8 outs for the nuts, plus as many as 6 more outs. I'm leading the turn again with a 2/3 pot bet.
ditto
NICE
Im newish to NL, but I would lead the flop here. Is this bad?
Not really. I lead at these types of flops sometimes, but you have to be careful leading into 3 opponents, one of which is aggressive, OOP. If you face a couple calls and a raise by the aggressive player you may have to just dump the hand, not really knowing where you're at. I think you should lead with these hands sometimes, just to mix up your game, but check raising to isolate an aggressive opponent is probably the best move in this situation IMO.

I am in no way offering my advice, but rather questioning my own play.His 3.5 times the BB means either he caught the flop or there were no overcards to his pocket pair. He might be holding 10 9, pocket 10's, or a pair of paint. The worst case he has a set of 10's.Under any of the scenarios you need to complete your straight. An OES draw gives you 8 outs on the river. I would lead out for the $20 that you raised on the previous street. I know ISAP.

Keep posting here and you'll learn a TON.
Don't look to Zach for this advice though - He's 11,000+ posts strong and he still plays like a donkey.
I wanted to contribute an opinion to the discussion, but in no way shape or form am I trying to give advice.
Best way to learn, is to reply with how you would play the hand.Don't worry, someone will step in and tell you if you are way off.

I agree with the rest, you can't let the villain take control here. A solid bet let's him know you have something and may give him pause to call.A check here would only serve to let him fire at the pot, putting the deicision back on you.I say take control of the action!

Im newish to NL, but I would lead the flop here. Is this bad?
Leading the flop is great here. Deceptive play with a nice draw and overs. I'm calling standard raises but I don't expect many without a huge hand or monstrous draw.