Hey guys, this chart is going to be a little hard to read. I'm starting to play poker full time after this semester is over which is in about one month. I've decided to play heads up (normal speed) sit and go's. I've devised a chart (it's very confusing here because there is no way to allign the columns, that's why I bolded column 1, then italicized column 2, then bolded column 3, then italicized column 4..etc....to make it MORE readable even though it's still tough). Before the chart, is my rules for playing. You can ignore it if you'd like. My question here is what you guys think of this plan? is it attainable? why not? I've been a winning HU player for a long time. My sharkscope underestimates my ROI because it counts both TURBO and NORMAL speed HU. But I used the advance search feature to search my normal and turbo seperately to compare and my normal speed HU games are much more profitable for me (in 100's, my ROI is 16 for non-turbos and 11 for turbos). I guess that I should have known that by blinds rising quickly, less skill is involved. Therefore, I'm not going to be playing the turbos. Here it is. Rules: Never play tired!!! If you realize that you're tired, take a break!!!!!!!! Never act quickly. Always wait for a few seconds before acting to avoid betting quickness tells. Sharkscope players b4 joining to play fish Only play non-turbos Work 40 hours a week Sit and Go Plan for HeadsUp Online Bankroll Stake Win Rate(%) ROI Dollars/Game Games in each level Games/Hour Hours X<$11,000 $105.00 60 14.3 $15.00 501 2.5 200.4 $10,000<X<$23,000 $210.00 58 10.5 $22.05 545 2.5 218 $20,000<X<$78,000 $520.00 56 7.7 $40.00 1375 2 687.5 $75,000<X<$160,000 $1,030.00 55 6.8 $70.00 1172 2 586 $150,000<X<$550,000 $2,050.00 54 5.4 $110.70 3524 2 1762 $510,000<X $5,100.00 53 3.9 $198.90 N/A 2 N/A Thoughts?BTW...I've cashed everything out in my bankroll except for $3490. So I've left that as my starting bankroll and will not be cashing out for a long time because almost 90% of my net worth is in my bank...only 10% is in my bankroll. So, I'm not going to be cashing out anytime soon and so don't think that I forgot that I need money to live.Let me explain the chart in more detail. In the first column. X is my bankroll. If you're observant you will notice that in the first column it says I play 105's until I reach 11,000 online. Then in the next column it says that I play 210s from 10,000. That is because I'm giving myself 5 games to lose before I move down stakes. I'm giving myself room to move. The rest of the chart is pretty self-explanatory if you can follow it.Second column is the stake I'll be playing with the given bankroll online.3rd column is my 'assumed win rate' and the 4th column has the corresponding ROIUsing those numbers I calculated my $/game....and the expected amount of games I'll play before reaching the next target level.I assumed that I'll play 2.5 games/hour in the 105s and 210s and since it takes longer to fill up in the higher limits, I changed my expected number of games to 2.From that, I calculated the amount of hours it will take to reach the next target level...I guess after explaining this I realize the chart makes no sense unless I tell you the above info...sry i missed it at first

I don't understand the chart at all but good luck to you
Let me explain. And to the other poster, serious posts plz (I've never gone busto in my life). In the first column. X is my bankroll. If you're observant you will notice that in the first column it says I play 105's until I reach 11,000 online. Then in the next column it says that I play 210s from 10,000. That is because I'm giving myself 5 games to lose before I move down stakes. I'm giving myself room to move. The rest of the chart is pretty self-explanatory if you can follow it.Second column is the stake I'll be playing with the given bankroll online.3rd column is my 'assumed win rate' and the 4th column has the corresponding ROIUsing those numbers I calculated my $/game....and the expected amount of games I'll play before reaching the next target level.I assumed that I'll play 2.5 games/hour in the 105s and 210s and since it takes longer to fill up in the higher limits, I changed my expected number of games to 2.From that, I calculated the amount of hours it will take to reach the next target level...I guess after explaining this I realize the chart makes no sense unless I tell you the above info...sry i missed it at first
so you just assume you can beat the highest level hu sngs all the way up to the $5000s?
yes. I believe so. If I'm proven wrong, I'll be surprised. But I believe I can beat anyone at HU NL hold'em. I know that ppl get better with the limits so I expect to beat ppl less on average. but to answer your answer simply...yes, that is an assumption I'm making.

Yes you are right that chart is very confusing. I think I comprehended it a tad but aslong as it works for you. Anyways I'd love if you kept a blog or something of your progress on this. I too love head's up play, and have recently thought about focusing more on it. Well goodlLuck to you.

I say he goes BUSTO in a week. LOllllllllllllll
again, you don't seem to have any clue.for those who don't know, OP probably has the most impressive sharkscope stats of anyone that posts here.GABMAD, it looks good until the $500+ level. just because you've beaten the levels up to those points pretty well doesn't mean that you will just walk into a 7% ROI there. i would think to accomplish 7% your game would have to be much further than where it probably is now. MUCH. or you could practice the most insane game selection. either way don't buy a bentley just yet.goodluck.

I play a lot of heads up (lower stakes) and since you asked here are my suggestions: Never play tired!!! If you realize that you're tired, take a break!!!!!!!! Agreed. I also stop for a few minutes if I've lost 3 or 4 in a row. Only play non-turbos You might win more in the long run if you play turbos. In my experience you can get through twice as many turbos as non-turbos in the same time period. Work 40 hours a week I would go insane, but good luck.Play at a site with rakeback. This will increase your bankroll so much more than you think. You can get 30% at absolute poker (see rakebrain.com before you make an account), plus $600 first deposit bonus, plus VIP rewards. The players are horrible at the $20 level and usually very weak/tight at the $50 level. The tables take <30seconds to fill up. I don't know about the higher stake hu sngs though. The blind structure can be a bit of a crapshoot, but I think that's negated by the horrible competition. In some ways it works to your benefit because the players tighten up too much as the blinds rise and a min raise can take the pot a high percentage of the time.EDIT: I just saw your sharkscope and now i feel silly giving advice to you.

Yes you are right that chart is very confusing. I think I comprehended it a tad but aslong as it works for you. Anyways I'd love if you kept a blog or something of your progress on this. I too love head's up play, and have recently thought about focusing more on it. Well goodlLuck to you.
links at my sig.
Lol. You will.
I've had rough streaks...i'm going through a very rough streak right now, down 3k. That's ~20 buy ins in HU. However, because I use ultra conservative bankroll management, it's less than 10% of my bankroll that I lost. As a result, I'm not playing 200's for a while. Until I win ~9k more. I can still make a good buck playing 100's.
yes. I believe so. If I'm proven wrong, I'll be surprised. But I believe I can beat anyone at HU NL hold'em. I know that ppl get better with the limits so I expect to beat ppl less on average. but to answer your answer simply...yes, that is an assumption I'm making.
Dreamclown is waiting......

I make a living playing $50 hu. I don't think I have sharkscope stats because I play mostly on UB. I've been doing it for almost a year now. Before that I had 3 years where I made money every month playing $20 and $30 buyins on Bugsys Club. The difference bewteen me and most other players is that I moved to Bali, Indonesia as it's extremely cheap to live here. I average $1500 a month, which is enough for a very nice lifestyle. (I understand I'd be dead broke in the USA on that money, but here its a small fortune) I choose to work less than 14 hours a week. The reason for that is I started out putting in 40 hour weeks and just burnt myself out. I haven't checked your sharkscope stats, but everyone says they are impressive. My advice is this:40 hours a week, week in, week out is TOUGH. I started out doing it and pretty soon I woke up dreading work. For you it might be no problem, but hu takes a LOT of concentration (as you know). I suggest you think about how much you could make working many less hours and perhaps sort out a model based on that. The loss of income might be offset by the fact that you last longer. Month after month after month after month 40 hours a week is a killer.regardstosr

Sorry....I kinda feel obligated to burst your bubble. If you think no one could beat you at HU NL hold'em, you wouldn't be playing 109's...I've sat behind guys that play 1k's and 5k's and just watched, I can guarantee you can't beat them at this point...not saying you won't be able to if you keep playing and improve your game, but that "no one can beat me" attitude won't get you anywhere, believe me, you have to earn that attitude you can't just say that if you're playing 109's or even 5k's for that matter. If you keep thinking like that you'll eventually run into someone better and tell yourself that he's running good and you're running bad, until you lose a lot. GL though..
Sorry....I kinda feel obligated to burst your bubble. If you think no one could beat you at HU NL hold'em, you wouldn't be playing 109's...I've sat behind guys that play 1k's and 5k's and just watched, I can guarantee you can't beat them at this point...not saying you won't be able to if you keep playing and improve your game, but that "no one can beat me" attitude won't get you anywhere, believe me, you have to earn that attitude you can't just say that if you're playing 109's or even 5k's for that matter. If you keep thinking like that you'll eventually run into someone better and tell yourself that he's running good and you're running bad, until you lose a lot. GL though..
I understand that I might lose to a person in the long run. Headsup poker is a crazy game. Player A can be better than player B in HU match. Player B can be better than player C in HU match. But that doesn't mean player A is better than player C. I've lost games. I've played VERY tough opponents. But that's why I sharkscope ppl b4 I join and I don't join 1st unless it's a low buy in. I use good game selection. I feel as I can still improve a lot and I know that I have LOTS to learn. But I believe that no one will have a big edge against me HU given I'm playing stakes I'm comfortable with. I feel as if I understand the game really well and can adjust really well to all sorts of strategies. If I play a 5k HU match right now, I don't think I'd beat tough opponents in the long run because I'd be too nervous playing for that much. If the good 5k players right now played me for 100, a stake I feel very comfortable playing, I think that either I'll be the favourite or a slight underdog. This once again comes down to game selection. I don't play certain players, I stay away from many players on pokerstars (maxv2, alessio) because they're tough opponents. I have a good record against allesio (played him b4 finding out about sharkscope) but I still don't join his table. Sorry if i came off like a cocky kid who thinks he knows everything to know about poker. I don't. I believe there are players who can break even against me or even have a slight edge. But I don't play them for a living. I play bad players for a living. I don't play good players to boost my ego. Poker is about making money. Why take a small advantage or a coin flip when you can take a big advantage? Playing HU I have the freedom of joining 2nd.As to the bolded part I highlighted from your post. You can't guarantee that. You haven't seen me play. But I understand what you're implying. I don't have that kind of attitude that you're referring to even though it might seem like it. I very much want to learn lots more and plug my leaks.
I understand that I might lose to a person in the long run. Headsup poker is a crazy game. Player A can be better than player B in HU match. Player B can be better than player C in HU match. But that doesn't mean player A is better than player C. I've lost games. I've played VERY tough opponents. But that's why I sharkscope ppl b4 I join and I don't join 1st unless it's a low buy in. I use good game selection. I feel as I can still improve a lot and I know that I have LOTS to learn. But I believe that no one will have a big edge against me HU given I'm playing stakes I'm comfortable with. I feel as if I understand the game really well and can adjust really well to all sorts of strategies. If I play a 5k HU match right now, I don't think I'd beat tough opponents in the long run because I'd be too nervous playing for that much. If the good 5k players right now played me for 100, a stake I feel very comfortable playing, I think that either I'll be the favourite or a slight underdog. This once again comes down to game selection. I don't play certain players, I stay away from many players on pokerstars (maxv2, alessio) because they're tough opponents. I have a good record against allesio (played him b4 finding out about sharkscope) but I still don't join his table. Sorry if i came off like a cocky kid who thinks he knows everything to know about poker. I don't. I believe there are players who can break even against me or even have a slight edge. But I don't play them for a living. I play bad players for a living. I don't play good players to boost my ego. Poker is about making money. Why take a small advantage or a coin flip when you can take a big advantage? Playing HU I have the freedom of joining 2nd.As to the bolded part I highlighted from your post. You can't guarantee that. You haven't seen me play. But I understand what you're implying. I don't have that kind of attitude that you're referring to even though it might seem like it. I very much want to learn lots more and plug my leaks.
Yes there are a lot of bad players at the 5k level. closedeyes.gifNEway, GL GL GL, JC is right though. It's a huge difference.