Phil Gordon Gets Owned By Erick Lindgren

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Phil's defense, 3 years of working on Celebrity Poker has to drive a person to the brink of insanity. Not saying I'd want to hang out with him, but it's kind of like the guy after the car crash that is really annoying because of the drool, you let it slide.

Patrick Antonius' call was very impressive. I know it's a 'winner-take' all' event, but still, it was very early stages.I haven't seen much of him on television, but I'm looking forward to watching him the rest of this week. Seems to have great game, very analytical mind and pretty fearless too.Oh, and I think the reason for the tension was obv the fact that Lindgen was ready to lash out at anyone/anything after getting his bluff called. Everyone knows Gordon has one of the biggest ego's in poker, but it is also a very fragile one, seemingly.

Patrick Antonius' call was very impressive. I know it's a 'winner-take' all' event, but still, it was very early stages.I haven't seen much of him on television, but I'm looking forward to watching him the rest of this week. Seems to have great game, very analytical mind and pretty fearless too.Oh, and I think the reason for the tension was obv the fact that Lindgen was ready to lash out at anyone/anything after getting his bluff called. Everyone knows Gordon has one of the biggest ego's in poker, but it is also a very fragile one, seemingly.
No.It started well before that.
No.It started well before that.
If this was filmed after he critiqued Lindgren's game, then I'd agree... I'm not sure when it was filmed though. If there was history before that, then I've not heard about it.
Perhaps because you can watch the episodes on NBC.com?
Because there haven't been any new episodes for weeks. They have just been showing past episodes on NBC.
Phil Gordon's trying too hard to fit in. I think it's an effort to keep his name out there esp. after he lost his job on Celebrity Poker Showdown.
The dreaded return of Phil G. to PAD! I get embarassed for him when he speaks. Worst thing is it starts immediately into episode 1. Did I hear Eric say (after Phil's opening speach) "Sounds like you thought of that for a long time"http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=88522&hl="He acts like a guy at a party who makes fun of himself before someone else gets the chance to. Very pathetic, and sad that he has such a low self-esteem and was willing to show the world."

First off, this was filmed last year according to my research. This article posted on Xmas day '06 says ten matches were already filmed (last line of article for the reading challenged and those with ADD). Then going through all the matches listed here shows that this is match 8 (rebroadcasts don't add to the match count you silly goose). So the article doesn't come into play in this interaction, except for maybe being the impetus behind Phil writing it. Certainly from Erick's comments one can conclude that he doesn't respect Phil's game, we'll just have to watch and see if E-Dog does, as Phil claimed, play sub-optimally against him. I think Phil was indirectly needling Erick in his talk to Antonius, Erick needled back and they both stuck the needle too deep. Later in the show Erick explains that it's not fun to get piled on when you get caught bluffing, thus he fired back...hard.

You guys are too hard on Phil....You try to be a dumb *** poker announcer who has never done anything in his poker career, and yet somehow he still critiques everyone else play... Give em a break....(sw)

I take this for what it is worth: 2 good poker players with huge, inflated egos who think that they are better at poker than they really are, giving each other the needle. But at least we all know now that if you call Gordon an idiot at the poker table, you'll probably get him on tilt.That being said, the Lindgren, "You probably already know what he (Ivey) wants?" comment when Gordon was discussing the type of cocktail Ivey wanted was the type of d*ickhead humor that this show has missed since Sheiky and Hellmuth went on their tirades during the 1st PAD.

I take this for what it is worth: 2 good poker players with huge, inflated egos who think that they are better at poker than they really are, giving each other the needle. But at least we all know now that if you call Gordon an idiot at the poker table, you'll probably get him on tilt.That being said, the Lindgren,"You probably already know what he (Ivey) wants?" comment when Gordon was discussing the type of cocktail Ivey wanted was the type of d*ickhead humor that this show has missed since Sheiky and Hellmuth went on their tirades during the 1st PAD.
Since when is Phil Gordon good?E-Dawg makes tons of final tables, he is a PPT champ, WPT champ, what has Phil Gordon ever done? Oh that's right, critique celebrities play...
I disagree completely. They know they're on national tv. They're not gonna up and snarl at each other. They have to at least make it halfway appear to be a joke. But obviously when Erik says "Hell no"... it's for real.
he's an idiot because his opinion is different than eddie's obv.and yes , they are completely serious.

Phil Gordon makes POD almost unwatchable for me.....I hope he busts early so I can enjoy a new week of episodes. Someone needs to tell him to STFU!!!!