Once In A Lifetime Opportunity

Just calls to keep the fish in the net - good thinking and nice laydown to the obv broadway draw - phew...you coulda been stuck there - lol. I love this Balloon Guy!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PokerStars Game #9492161897: Tournament #48187620, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/04/18 - 20:22:39 (ET)Seat 1: bmamba42 (1265 in chips) Seat 2: el Schwartz (2932 in chips) Seat 3: yodel (3797 in chips) Seat 4: lotachips905 (1215 in chips) Seat 6: FlushThis20 (1043 in chips) Seat 8: danny2271 (2441 in chips) Seat 9: mixre (807 in chips) bmamba42: posts small blind 50el Schwartz: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to danny2271 [8d Qd]yodel: folds lotachips905: folds FlushThis20: folds danny2271: raises 145 to 245mixre: raises 562 to 807 and is all-inbmamba42: folds el Schwartz: folds danny2271: calls 562*** FLOP *** [9s Qh 8h]mixre said, "gc"mixre said, "gg"*** TURN *** [9s Qh 8h] [5s]*** RIVER *** [9s Qh 8h 5s] [4h]*** SHOW DOWN ***danny2271: shows [8d Qd] (two pair, Queens and Eights)mixre: shows [Jc Ah] (high card Ace)danny2271 collected 1764 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1764 | Rake 0 Board [9s Qh 8h 5s 4h]Seat 8: danny2271 showed [8d Qd] and won (1764) with two pair, Queens and EightsSeat 9: mixre (button) showed [Jc Ah] and lost with high card Acedanny2271 said, "Qs and 8s are running hot so I had to call"

PokerStars Game #9492161897: Tournament #48187620, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/04/18 -<<Interesting hand details>>*** SHOW DOWN ***danny2271: shows [8d Qd] (two pair, Queens and Eights)mixre: shows [Jc Ah] (high card Ace)danny2271 collected 1764 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1764 | Rake 0 Board [9s Qh 8h 5s 4h]Seat 8: danny2271 showed [8d Qd] and won (1764) with two pair, Queens and EightsSeat 9: mixre (button) showed [Jc Ah] and lost with high card Acedanny2271 said, "Qs and 8s are running hot so I had to call"
It appears that at least *ONE* of us is learning from BalloonGuy's advice. I wish I was as quick to learn these high level plays.
PokerStars Game #9492161897: Tournament #48187620, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2007/04/18 - 20:22:39 (ET)Seat 1: bmamba42 (1265 in chips) Seat 2: el Schwartz (2932 in chips) Seat 3: yodel (3797 in chips) Seat 4: lotachips905 (1215 in chips) Seat 6: FlushThis20 (1043 in chips) Seat 8: danny2271 (2441 in chips) Seat 9: mixre (807 in chips) bmamba42: posts small blind 50el Schwartz: posts big blind 100*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to danny2271 [8d Qd]yodel: folds lotachips905: folds FlushThis20: folds danny2271: raises 145 to 245mixre: raises 562 to 807 and is all-inbmamba42: folds el Schwartz: folds danny2271: calls 562*** FLOP *** [9s Qh 8h]mixre said, "gc"mixre said, "gg"*** TURN *** [9s Qh 8h] [5s]*** RIVER *** [9s Qh 8h 5s] [4h]*** SHOW DOWN ***danny2271: shows [8d Qd] (two pair, Queens and Eights)mixre: shows [Jc Ah] (high card Ace)danny2271 collected 1764 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1764 | Rake 0 Board [9s Qh 8h 5s 4h]Seat 8: danny2271 showed [8d Qd] and won (1764) with two pair, Queens and EightsSeat 9: mixre (button) showed [Jc Ah] and lost with high card Acedanny2271 said, "Qs and 8s are running hot so I had to call"
He overplayed A rag anyway, but nice read....on a fixed site no less
  • 3 weeks later...

So I recently decided to work on my online game, kind of like tweeking a Nascar Winston Cup champions I know, but I thought I would see if there was ANYWHERE I could improve. Turns out there were a few small things that have helped my game.1st thing to remember is to always play inside your bankroll. You should have at least 20 buy ins to play NL and at least 30 BB to play limit. I've been wanting to move up in stakes, I've been stuck in $1/$2 for a month now, but I decided to take a shot.So I sat down at a $10/$20 NL game, and bought in for $60. Since I have $1100 this was just a little loose, but I was feeling good and thought I could take a shot. By buying in for $60 I was keeping really close to my bankroll management philosophy of having 20 buy ins, almost.Before I play though I unclick autopost. The reason I do this is that sometimes you want people to think you are not paying attention, so if you run out your clock to post, then they think: " He must be 6 or 7 tableing, which means he's really got a big bankroll and is a good player, so I should respect his raises." When I play ante type games this also succeeds in tilting most players if you take the full 10 seconds to ante every single time. I should be a psychologist, I spend so much time in other people's heads.So next thing I do is cover up my hole cards, and type in chat: "I'm playing blind". Anything they do now will be from a confused perspective,which is +ev for me. Flop comes out and I am BB (waited to post this time since I am playing tight). UTG makes a standard 5x bb raise, gets two callers, I call for pot odds. Flop comes A 7 6 rainbow, so this could be a good flop for me, or not. I check, raiser bets 3/4 pot, and gets one call. I am looking at getting about 3:1 on my call, so I call all my chips. Turn comes 4, river 3 and bammo I win with Q5 spades. The original raiser won the side pot wih his AK against the AQ of th caller, but I am sitting on a full $200 roll now. I type in "You guys know I played that blind right?" Even though I would have played it exactly the same way if I had seen it. That is good poker instincts right there. But I didn't want them to know how good I am, so I reminded them I played that blind.So through out the night I tried out some new things that are really useful tools I wanted to share:A few things I typed in chat were very effective against some players. I tried to get people to drink more by typing "Yummy beer is Goot" This does two things, makes the alcholics think more about drinking, and drunk players are good for my bankroll. and also by typeing in the manner of a young person, I put in their minds that I am some 18 year old punk with no poker skills...which is as far from true as can be.Also I have three TVs in my computer room, all showing whatever reality TV show is on: Amazing Race, American Idol, America's Top Model, etc. I type in anytime someone is voted off, or wins or whatever. This way I will tilt all the Canadians that feel recording a reality show and watching it later is normal. I bet there were at least three guys that wanted to kill me when I told them Carl's Florentine dress didn't have enough rhinestones to place in the London Fashion show. The last thing I did that got at least 4 guys on serious tilt was string bet all night long. How can you sting bet online you ask? Easy..I type "Call" in the chat, then raise, then type in 'and raise you.." All the brick and mortar guys go crazy and start typing things like: You can't do that in real life, so I say: This isn't real life? Before long I am the only one at the table, still have $80 and didn't have to rebuy one time...so I think it's clear that stepping up a level was the right move.

Haven't read your latest, but thanks nonetheless. I have to take a crap and needed something to read.I'll give a response when I return.**Edit: Thank God I printed that out. Some idiot forgot to put a new roll of toilet paper in the stall.First, I've got to commend you and salute you as being one of the few true Nascar fans left. Because only a pussy would call it the Nextel Cup.With your latest online play I think you've finally convinced me of your true brilliance at the poker table and I'm ready to support you in any way I can. I'll get in touch with my lawyers today and see if we can get a contract drawn up on the stakes and percentages. Once you have your team of lawyers review it, modify, back to my team of lawyers, etc. We'll have a done deal.I'm am truly looking forward to backing one of the best (feable) poker minds of our generation.

Also avoid seat 1, it is to the dealer’s left and if the dealer is left handed they look spastic every time they deal to you, which will make you think about the time at school you gave a wedgy to the retarded kid and had to clean toilets for a month. Hard to concentrate after that.
might of missed the boat on this but this line is soooo goot it needs resurecting. :club::D:D
Also I have three TVs in my computer room, all showing whatever reality TV show is on: Amazing Race, American Idol, America's Top Model, etc. I type in anytime someone is voted off, or wins or whatever. This way I will tilt all the Canadians that feel recording a reality show and watching it later is normal. I bet there were at least three guys that wanted to kill me when I told them Carl's Florentine dress didn't have enough rhinestones to place in the London Fashion show.
It would put Vatche on tilt !
  • 3 weeks later...

Aawww man...I only just discovered the latest strategy post here. It's no wonder I never do well online! I try to buy-in for the full amount, which throws bankroll management out the window. For example, with $1100 in my online account, I may take a shot by sitting at the 1/2 and buying in for $200. It never occurred to me to just sit at a higher game, but buy-in for less (thus taking a bigger shot, with less risk...) I should've sat at the $10/20 game...Oh well...Balloon Guy, I have a question: many people online "pros" play multiple tables at once (sometimes 2 or 3 tables!... Maybe even more if that's "possible"). If these players are playing soo many tables, they are probably not noticing your chat, and probably welcome any delay in play you cause by being slow to post your antes and blinds. If this is the case, then your strategies you have posted in your last "online strategy" post will not tilt these players: it will do the exact opposite... it will relax them and possibly put them off tilt. My question for you is: how can you effectively get into these players' heads and put them on tilt?Thanks in advance,Your protege wannabe,Merby

Aawww man...I only just discovered the latest strategy post here. It's no wonder I never do well online! I try to buy-in for the full amount, which throws bankroll management out the window. For example, with $1100 in my online account, I may take a shot by sitting at the 1/2 and buying in for $200. It never occurred to me to just sit at a higher game, but buy-in for less (thus taking a bigger shot, with less risk...) I should've sat at the $10/20 game...Oh well...Balloon Guy, I have a question: many people online "pros" play multiple tables at once (sometimes 2 or 3 tables!... Maybe even more if that's "possible"). If these players are playing soo many tables, they are probably not noticing your chat, and probably welcome any delay in play you cause by being slow to post your antes and blinds. If this is the case, then your strategies you have posted in your last "online strategy" post will not tilt these players: it will do the exact opposite... it will relax them and possibly put them off tilt. My question for you is: how can you effectively get into these players' heads and put them on tilt?Thanks in advance,Your protege wannabe,Merby
Putting the best players on tilt is not as easy as it sounds. Many of the best ones can fake tilt, sometimes setting you up for a big fall. Mike Matusow currently is the best at this. Although Phil H is pretty good too. You mark my words, Mikey is going to go on a sick online run soon. He's been setting them up for years.But getting into the heads of multi table players is easy. Find the hot cards, and bust them a few times. They play these predictable ABC games which are so easy to beat. Find the hot cards, slow play your aces, throw in a few open-farrels when they are at your table. And try to find out all the tables they are at, and make comments to the table like: "This guy is my ATM at table ***" and "I heard this guy has multiple accounts"Trust me, they will take notice.
bumpthis needs to be on page 1more updates from balloonguy and i may deposit on fcp just to stake him!
This thread is too complicated for most. Jealousy does funny things to people. btw What kind of stake we talking here?
  • 3 weeks later...

I think we should all chip in a Dollar, and let Balloon Guy represent the FPC posters on high Stakes Poker 2008. Then he would only have to use $99,930 of his own money to make min stake!

I think we should all chip in a Dollar, and let Balloon Guy represent the FPC posters on high Stakes Poker 2008. Then he would only have to use $99,930 of his own money to make min stake!
Truth is, I would do it, but I don't think they would let me.Last year's line up pretty much made it clear that they don't want any of us 'clued in' players to sweep in and wipe out the game the first day. There would be nothing to tape for day two except me holding Brad Booth on my shoulder while he cries.
Truth is, I would do it, but I don't think they would let me.Last year's line up pretty much made it clear that they don't want any of us 'clued in' players to sweep in and wipe out the game the first day. There would be nothing to tape for day two except me holding Brad Booth on my shoulder while he cries.
Yes, the game wouldn't be the same if brad couldn't bluff out that fish Ivey. Any decent player could never fold there KK in this spot. What on earth was he thinking??. Actually, make that $2 donation.

Absolutely loved this thread, wasn't following the forums much when it was originally posted, but a great read nonetheless. thx BG. BTW, found a couple of quotes on the web regarding this thread."As insightful treatise on the inner workings of the human mind as has ever been written. I stand humbled and in awe of the reasoning, the rationale, the depths of complexity on exhibit." Niccolo Machiavelli"A breath taking panorama of the modern poker world, from the glorious apex where Balloon Guy strides unmatched, to the seamy depths, where a wink and a nod serve to those who truly KNOW. Truman Capote"If that f***ing donkey sits at my table again I'll strangle him with a yard of his own intestine." Mike Matusow

I've been stuck in $1/$2 for a month now, but I decided to take a shot.So I sat down at a $10/$20 NL game, and bought in for $60.
Laughed out loud at work while reading this. BG for Prez :club::D:D