Anyone Here Into Shotguns?

Just wondering if anyone here is into shotguns, sporting clays, trap, or hunting alone. I'm in the process of getting a Mossberg 500 12 gauge pump, its going to be my rabbit, turkey, duck, dove, quail, and sporting clays gun. Anyone on here have any shotguns, and if so what kind?

Paging Beans to the Shotgun Thread...Beans to the Shotgun Thread please...I own a 12 gauge S&W (5+1 pump action) that I keep around the house for the sole purpose of having it around the house. I've never fired it but I keep meaning to. I've heard good things about Mossberg products, but I've never owned or fired one.

I think the old Nintendo gun from Duck Hunt is around here somewhere.I have never owned any other gun nor have I fired one, but I'd be willing to bet I'd be a very good shot.

I own 3 Remingtons, 12, 16, and 20. Remington is pretty much the best before you get to the crazy $2000 jobs. and like said earlier, I've never heard great things about Mossberg either. especially the pumps.

I dont really own many shotguns....I have:A Cobray Street Sweeper 12gauge that is class3 restricted just like machine guns and silencersA 20gauge AOW (also restricted...means All Other Weapon. This category includes weapons like pen guns and the like) It is a double barrel pocket gun that can fire in two directions at once.A 12gauge Remington 870 10"SBR (Short Barreled Shotgun...also restricted because the barrel is less than 18")A 20gauge H&R single shot that was my DadsIn my personal opinion, a shotgun is a shotgun... the only differences is the chokes and "feel" of the gun. The shells have gotten so good now that even an old gun can shoot like a champ. I never cared much for bird hunting. The idiots drunks that I hang around with are the last folks you want to be with when a bird flushes in your direction.To answer your question, the Mossberg pump action is probably one of the most reliable guns in the world. I have heard/read this for years. And my friend Shane has had one for years and hasnt been able to break it. Thats saying a WHOLE lot.

I picked the mossberg because I have also heard it being really reliable, and its pretty much the cheapest gun you can get brand new. I think around here they had one a ****'s for like $400, most brand new they cost from $350-$400. I would like to get a really nice O/U (over under), but I dont' have $1500+ to spend on it.

To answer your question, the Mossberg pump action is probably one of the most reliable guns in the world. I have heard/read this for years. And my friend Shane has had one for years and hasnt been able to break it. Thats saying a WHOLE lot.
really? I've never owned or even shot one, but from people I know that hunt, a Mossberg doesn't have much of a name for reliability. I think the main complaint I've heard is the pumps jamming quite often and the overall lack of quality. But who knows, I could be quite wrong. The same guys drink natural light like its the last jug of water in the Sahara, so they may be a bit off. anyways, I'm not really into shotguns at all either. I like my guns like I like my women, fast, small, dirty, and with herpes. wait, what?
I dont really own many shotguns....I have:A Cobray Street Sweeper 12gauge that is class3 restricted just like machine guns and silencersA 20gauge AOW (also restricted...means All Other Weapon. This category includes weapons like pen guns and the like) It is a double barrel pocket gun that can fire in two directions at once.A 12gauge Remington 870 10"SBR (Short Barreled Shotgun...also restricted because the barrel is less than 18")A 20gauge H&R single shot that was my DadsIn my personal opinion, a shotgun is a shotgun... the only differences is the chokes and "feel" of the gun. The shells have gotten so good now that even an old gun can shoot like a champ. I never cared much for bird hunting. The idiots drunks that I hang around with are the last folks you want to be with when a bird flushes in your direction.To answer your question, the Mossberg pump action is probably one of the most reliable guns in the world. I have heard/read this for years. And my friend Shane has had one for years and hasnt been able to break it. Thats saying a WHOLE lot.
Hunt with the VP much?
Prop bet???? I bet you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
I'd take that in a heartbeat, but there's no way to prove I've never fired one before.
Great Beer Choice. Bad teams choice (is one of those jerseys a Purdue jersey?).
Yea, it's my Purdue Kyle Orton jersey. I wore it cause I had friends in from out of town that I let wear my #86, #55, and #7 Steelers. We were playing the Bears that day and Orton was starting, not that I was rooting for him, just thought it was funny to see who would say anything. Only 1 person did.