Anybody Get Away From This?

Little sketchy on details, but had a 'fun' hand last night in a $10 SNG on Poker Stars.Down to 3 players. All pretty even around 4000-5000 chips. Blinds at $50/100I've been playing pretty solid, mostly TAG, but some moments of loose play that they saw some of.Small Blind with 88.Button raises to $250. He's played pretty solid hands and I haven't seen any bad plays come from him.I decide to just call and try and outplay him on the flop (questionable..I know..but with stacks and blinds wanted to make a decision after the flop).I also thought he had something pretty strong this time.Flop.A8AI check to him. He checks.So...I bet out on turn he calls ($500).I'm thinking AX (something pretty big). Basically goes all in on river with his reraise of my raising his bet.Cards were A8A46 3 hearts..Is there anyway in a $10SNG my money's not going all in when no face cards hit (which to me would have given him an Aces full boat)?He flips over AAHe flops quad aces to my flopped boat.The night before I had just watched HSP episode of Eli flopping quad aces and them saying it was like 400 to 1 odds of that. I figured my 13/1 trip flop verses his 400/1 quads..I just laughed it off. I figured, so be it if he flopped quads. I just found SO many hands that I beat (AK, AQ,AJ, A10, A9, KK, QQ, flush, 44, 66)Sorry. 3rd cup of coffee.Reality is I'm not good enough to let go of flopped monsters (trips when the flush hits kill me everytime)Side note: He took 30 seconds to call my all-in on the river (said he was talking to someone). Poor etiquette.I'm not mad, or complaining, just wanted to talk about a pretty big hand.

I'd go broke on that hand. Tough break.As for him slowrolling you, bull$hit for how he replied. If somebody has AA, and then flops AA, they are paying attention both preflop and post flop. I would have been giving it to him, but that's just me.

Little sketchy on details, but had a 'fun' hand last night in a $10 SNG on Poker Stars.Down to 3 players. All pretty even around 4000-5000 chips. Blinds at $50/100I've been playing pretty solid, mostly TAG, but some moments of loose play that they saw some of.Small Blind with 88.Button raises to $250. He's played pretty solid hands and I haven't seen any bad plays come from him.I decide to just call and try and outplay him on the flop (questionable..I know..but with stacks and blinds wanted to make a decision after the flop).I also thought he had something pretty strong this time.Flop.A8AI check to him. He checks.So...I bet out on turn he calls ($500).I'm thinking AX (something pretty big). Basically goes all in on river with his reraise of my raising his bet.Cards were A8A46 3 hearts..Is there anyway in a $10SNG my money's not going all in when no face cards hit (which to me would have given him an Aces full boat)?He flips over AAHe flops quad aces to my flopped boat.The night before I had just watched HSP episode of Eli flopping quad aces and them saying it was like 400 to 1 odds of that. I figured my 13/1 trip flop verses his 400/1 quads..I just laughed it off. I figured, so be it if he flopped quads. I just found SO many hands that I beat (AK, AQ,AJ, A10, A9, KK, QQ, flush, 44, 66)Sorry. 3rd cup of coffee.Reality is I'm not good enough to let go of flopped monsters (trips when the flush hits kill me everytime)Side note: He took 30 seconds to call my all-in on the river (said he was talking to someone). Poor etiquette.I'm not mad, or complaining, just wanted to talk about a pretty big hand.
Tough hand.IMO there is no way to get away from this hand post flop. I think the only way you get away from this hand is following your read preflop when he raised. He's only been playing solid hands and has made no mistakes. So unless he is on a straight steal, the range of hands he is raising with probably has you beat or in a race. Playing out of position to a solid player can be troublesome with middle pair.Maybe if you reraise preflop just to see where you stand might define his hand. If he calls, put him on AK, AQ, AJ. If he comes over the top you know you are beat, then you can fold and live to play this guy in position the rest of the tournament.Than being said it's hard to fault your call pre-flop. The poker gods just gave you a spiteful flop. You must have made them mad recently.... :club: Better luck next time.

OP,Please don't fold flopped full houses, pretty much ever.It's a cooler, move on.In the future, if you must post hands like this, please post in the bad beat section, as there is no strategic content to this whatsoever.Thanks.- Zach

OP,Please don't fold flopped full houses, pretty much ever.It's a cooler, move on.In the future, if you must post hands like this, please post in the bad beat section, as there is no strategic content to this whatsoever.Thanks.- Zach
Tough break, but not to sound like an ignorant a$$, where is the bad beat?

I'm assuming you didn't mean to come off quite like you did.The way I figure this is that I'm in a poker tournament, and I have a question about if anybody gets away from this hand, ever. My post said I wasn't complaining or mad. I just wondered if anybody ends up folding in this situation post-flop. Sure seems like a question for tournament poker strategy section. Sure there's no 'strategic' content whatsoever. I'm asking if there's any strategic advice about this, or do I just go broke?It's not a bad beat, I never said it was.Now if there's a 'cooler' section, that would be pretty cool. Maybe there is, just haven't looked lately."Move on"...good grief..I was just asking a question on a forum that I've hung around for the last couple of years.The bad thing about online poker is that it removes some of the 'people skills,' from people as they reply online to others in a way they never would in a 'real' situation.Friendlier side: I really like the Mackintosh Toffee up in Canada. We used to spend parts of the summer at Lake of the Woods/Manitoba and I love the toffee. When my producer buddy goes to Winnipeg, I always have him bring me some back.Thanks for the responses guys.

Tough break, but not to sound like an ignorant a$$, where is the bad beat?
My bad, cooler.It's still not a strategy post.I received a complaint about this post being here, so I addressed it.- Zach
Friendlier side: I really like the Mackintosh Toffee up in Canada. We used to spend parts of the summer at Lake of the Woods/Manitoba and I love the toffee. When my producer buddy goes to Winnipeg, I always have him bring me some back.
lol, I haven't had that in years.

Consider it addressed then (whomever took the time to complain about a post that could certainly be considered in the right section, or in the wrong section 50/50...wow)Zach, you can address these crabby people and let them know I'll just post them in the general forum next time.Anytime you type on this forum, you just know that someone will chew you out for something (inevitable). Thought this forum seemed to fit what I was asking. No problem if it doesn't.The real stuff here>>>>The toffee...seriously good toffee. I've found you need to whack the box on a table to break it into manageable pieces. Still can pull fillings out (wouldn't have the fillings without this toffee though).It's so good.I miss spending the summers up there as I've gotten a 'little' older. I can't wait to take my daughters up there and see Minnesota and Canada. Lots of fond memories of Lake of the Woods.ok..now this post...should certainly be moved somewhere else.sorry.:club:

My bad, cooler.It's still not a strategy post.I received a complaint about this post being here, so I addressed it.- Zach

lol, now it's off topic.Anyways, OP.I didn't move this post because it does have a little strategic content, in the sense that you were informed by the replies that you can't fold this, ever.It's just that the regular strat posters get sick of posts where it's obvious you were just coolered, and you shouldn't lay it down even one in a million times.Those really aren't the hands that people benefit from.Oh, also, if it was a genuine strat post, you shouldn't include results, btw. As they don't matter. You would get even more replies saying to instacall or push or whatever the case is.Also, I know it's called the Bad Beat Forum, but it includes coolers, etc, blah blah, but I was just saying, if you'd like to continue posting in strat (which I hope you do), then I just wanted to point out the way we do things. Also, you'll find about 3 million times less flaming, etc here, as it rarely happens. We all take this game seriously, and are here to learn. That's what seperates strat from general, IMO (not that I have a problem with gen, it is what it is). But if you have serious strat questions, etc, this is the place to come.And, one of the biggest complaints prior to me becoming a mod was all of the bad beat posts, posts in the wrong forums, etc, so that's really one of the things I do the most of, moving posts, etc. I try to be fair, and give the benefit of the doubt, etc. It seemed like you were legitimately asking a question here, so I didn't move it. I just put down a bit of a warning for the future.Anyways, all is cool, I hope, and I hope you continue to post down here.Cheers,- ZachBtw, Lake of the Woods = close to where I live.

Totally cool.I understand now.Now THAT is people skills and a very clear message from a moderator (didn't realize you did that). Totally makes sense.I understand the strat/bad beat/cooler thing, so that's cool.I certainly love these forums.I'm sitting here listening to discussions from players (some of them who just went WAY DEEP) in LA. (Awesome JC!)If everybody really listens to the advice and discussions here, wow does it help your game (even coolers and bad beats).Thanks again Zach for the professional last response. That's the way a moderator on a popular site should act. Awesome!!!Daniel...Give them man a raise!!!:)Done with the off topic stuff. Thanks again for the reply.E

lol, now it's off topic.Anyways, OP.I didn't move this post because it does have a little strategic content, in the sense that you were informed by the replies that you can't fold this, ever.It's just that the regular strat posters get sick of posts where it's obvious you were just coolered, and you shouldn't lay it down even one in a million times.Those really aren't the hands that people benefit from.Oh, also, if it was a genuine strat post, you shouldn't include results, btw. As they don't matter. You would get even more replies saying to instacall or push or whatever the case is.Also, I know it's called the Bad Beat Forum, but it includes coolers, etc, blah blah, but I was just saying, if you'd like to continue posting in strat (which I hope you do), then I just wanted to point out the way we do things. Also, you'll find about 3 million times less flaming, etc here, as it rarely happens. We all take this game seriously, and are here to learn. That's what seperates strat from general, IMO (not that I have a problem with gen, it is what it is). But if you have serious strat questions, etc, this is the place to come.And, one of the biggest complaints prior to me becoming a mod was all of the bad beat posts, posts in the wrong forums, etc, so that's really one of the things I do the most of, moving posts, etc. I try to be fair, and give the benefit of the doubt, etc. It seemed like you were legitimately asking a question here, so I didn't move it. I just put down a bit of a warning for the future.Anyways, all is cool, I hope, and I hope you continue to post down here.Cheers,- ZachBtw, Lake of the Woods = close to where I live.

To the OP, I wasn't talking to you, about this being a bad beat. I was talking to Zach, and it was just a mis type or something like that on his part. Zach I wasn't trying to act like an a$$, thats why I typed "NOt trying to act like an ignorant a$$" Just so you dont take it the wrong way zach.

To the OP, I wasn't talking to you, about this being a bad beat. I was talking to Zach, and it was just a mis type or something like that on his part. Zach I wasn't trying to act like an a$$, thats why I typed "NOt trying to act like an ignorant a$$" Just so you dont take it the wrong way zach.
It's ok. You're not banned yet.lol, jk. I can't ban people, nor would I.Seriously though, I interchange cooler and bad beat, same difference, IMO. Same whining. :PBut ya, no worries.- ZachPS - I said in another thread, I was gonna start moving all posts titled "Can I Get Away From This?" without even reading them, lol, because they are either retarded bad beats, or laying down the 2nd nuts type hands, or AA pf, etc. That are just stoopid... usually.
The toffee...seriously good toffee. I've found you need to whack the box on a table to break it into manageable pieces. Still can pull fillings out (wouldn't have the fillings without this toffee though).It's so good.
Seeing as we are way off topic, they sell the toffee in individually wrapped pieces now. The trick with it before was to stick it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Next time I'm in Nashville, I'll bring you some.

I absolutely fold this hand every single time.That's because I have actually invented a time machine, and I can continuously go forward during hands to see if I have the winner or not.Sheesh...I thought everybody did this.

Seeing as we are way off topic, they sell the toffee in individually wrapped pieces now. The trick with it before was to stick it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Next time I'm in Nashville, I'll bring you some.
Sweet! Just give me a call when you're in town.615-867-5309Ask for Johnny (after the operation)Seriously..I can't wait to try and nuke it.Buddy of mine just got back from post production on new video up there and says he has some boxes for me.Very cool.
Do you really want to post your phone number on a public forum?
Take a look at the number...I think you'll see it's bogus....if you don't see it at first....sing it.