daniel negreanu.... the man, the legend.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like most everyone's list is full of younger people. Not me, I would want to hear all the stories from the more "seasoned" folk. :)1. Doyle Brunson2. Amarillo Slim3. T.J. Cloutier 4. Surrinder Sunar (sp?)5. Marcel Luske6. Stu Unger7. Johnny MossAnd a couple of young'uns::8. Daniel Negreanu 9. Gus HansenI wouldn't play very well because I would be too busy writing down everything everybody said! :club:
Unger? would'nt he smell badly?Just a thought.Dutch.

9 Players @ my table- Doyle 'Texas Dolly" Brunson (most widely accepted legend)- Stu Ungar (some would say also a legend)- Gus Hansen ("The Great Dane" - Mike Sexton)- DN himself (passion with 'besteem')- Mahatma Ghandi (if you don't say JESUS, you have to have Big G here)- Phil Hellmuth (on Tilt, just for the pure joy of it)- Scotty Nguyen ("Baby")- Howard Lederer (sorry Annie, you didn't make this list)- Jennifer Harman (DN, I'm not sure I want you two on the same table)Waiting List - * Hoyt (in his black 20 gallon hat)* Phil Ivey (if I didn't like DN so much, he would make the top 9)* Dan Harrington (old school, much respect here)* Unibomber (Mr. Laak?)* Johnny Moss (the original CHAMP)* Johnny Chan (takes Ghandi's place in live play)* Amarillo Slim (sorry to say I haven't heard or read much of his)* President Nelson Mandella (table talk with Ghandi would be enlightening)* Your Pope and Agnostic of choice (getting a bit off the subject)* President Nixon (tricky di_ck was said to be quite the bluffer, lewinsky was the fluffer)* Abraham Lincoln (would sit with his back against the wall, facing the door)MORE LATER

if we can use ANY PLAYERS EVER then1. Doyle Brunson2. Johnny Moss3. Wild Bill Hickok (i think thats right)4. Doc Holiday5. Stu Ungar6. Phil Hellmuth7. Nick "The Greek" Dandolas8. Johnny Chan9. ME10. Anthony DefranciscoOK, Anthony is a friend so i want him at the table too... doyle cuz he is the best. moss cuz he is better than doyle. wild bill and doc cuz i wanna know how good they were. stu cuz he is the best who ever lived. hellmuth cuz he's great at holdem. the great cuz he played in the biggest game before the biggest game was invented (heads up vs Moss for 6 months straight, stopping only to sleep). johnny chan just so if i beat him in a hand i can say 'sorry john, i dont remember' and 9 bracelets so he's pretty good. if cant use dead people then: brunson, hellmuth, chan, negreanu, ivey, hansen, cloutier, david williams... cuz i gotta know how good i really am

Seems like most everyone's list is full of younger people. Not me, I would want to hear all the stories from the more "seasoned" folk. :)1. Doyle Brunson2. Amarillo Slim3. T.J. Cloutier 4. Surrinder Sunar (sp?)5. Marcel Luske6. Stu Unger7. Johnny MossAnd a couple of young'uns::8. Daniel Negreanu 9. Gus HansenI wouldn't play very well because I would be too busy writing down everything everybody said! :club:
you can't smell anything with a caved in coke-nose.ZZZZZZING!
1. Daniel Negreanu  2. Doyle Brunson  3. Layne Flack  4. Phil Ivey  5. Phil H.  6. Carlos M.  7. John Juanda8. David Williams9. Gus Hansen
Looking back at my list I think I am going to have to make a few changes.......since I actually like my MONEY and I don't want to just give it away. Sorry, DN but you are out. Anyone have suggestions for the 9 worst players?
Seems like most everyone's list is full of younger people. Not me, I would want to hear all the stories from the more "seasoned" folk. :)1. Doyle Brunson2. Amarillo Slim3. T.J. Cloutier  4. Surrinder Sunar (sp?)5. Marcel Luske6. Stu Unger7. Johnny MossAnd a couple of young'uns::8. Daniel Negreanu  9. Gus HansenI wouldn't play very well because I would be too busy writing down everything everybody said!  :club:
you can't smell anything with a caved in coke-nose.ZZZZZZING!
Nice try, but I'm quite sure he meant smell to the other people... with the un-coked noses. Just sayin.

Here, for the person who wanted the 9 worst.1. Jayson Weber2. AllInBluff353. JustBlaze <~~ New addition with his micro limit @ss! 4. Smasharoo5. Jack24Bauer346. NormanHaupt7. Annie Duke8. Phil Hellmuth9. Suited_UpFishy fishy.

Here, for the person who wanted the 9 worst.1. Jayson Weber2. AllInBluff353. JustBlaze  <~~ New addition with his micro limit @ss!  4. Smasharoo5. Jack24Bauer346. NormanHaupt7. Annie Duke8. Phil Hellmuth9. Suited_UpFishy fishy.
I'll have to agree with you. I think my money would be safe at that table.
I would also like to play heads up against the chick that played on Tilt.......Miami
I'd like to go one on one with her as well, but fu.ck playing poker :)1. Daniel2. Howard3. John Murphy4. John Juanda5. Scott Fischman6. Layne Flack7. Gus Hansen8. Johnny Chan9. Doyle BrunsonStuck the two young guns in there just to ask them how in the hell they've made it onto the circuit!

1. Evelyn Ng2. Karina Jett (these 2 next to me)3. Ellix Powers (entertainment more than anything)4. Phil Ivey5. Phil Laak6. John Juanda7. Daniel Negreanu8. Chip Reese9. DoyleThough, the only way I could beat this table is if we all started off with one big blind and I got some luck..

If I wanted to get anillated at a table, I'd play a mixed game rotation with:1) Johnny Chan2)Jennifer Harmen3)Daniel Negreanu4)Gus Hansen5)Phil Ivey6)Doyle Brunson7)Chip Reese8) John Juanda9) Chau CiangSo, pretty much the big game at Bellagio would be a fine way for me to drop a million, with the exception of Juanda, I just have to include him due to his tournament success and the well known fact that he used to crush the LA games, particularly 2-7 lowball.

Here, for the person who wanted the 9 worst.1. Jayson Weber2. AllInBluff353. JustBlaze <~~ New addition with his micro limit @ss! 4. Smasharoo5. Jack24Bauer346. NormanHaupt7. Annie Duke8. Phil Hellmuth9. Suited_UpFishy fishy.
Man, I can't even make the "worst" list. :evil: :twisted:
I was thinking the exact same think. Don't forget Alex "JACK HIGH" Powers and of course Vinny Vingh.ELLIX Powers
Alex, Ellix, does it really make you look smarter for knowing how to spell some hobo's name right? There's some guy who walks around town digging trash out of the dumpster, I call him Mort. Don't know his name, don't really care, and I wouldn't really give anyone credit for knowing it.
limit hold'em (in no order)DNJennifer HarmanBarry GreensteinPhil IveyJohn JuandaThomas KellerDavid Oppenheim Mimi TranChip Reese :evil:
You picked a great line up here. You must know limit hold em fairly well. I might add or delete one. But for the most part, that's a GREAT game.