Must Know All Poker Games To Be The Best?

This is something I notice a lot lately. Most if not all the best no limit hold em players in the world play all poker games and are good in most. I am sure it helps to understand poker a lot better and makes you better, but is that a must? I even got the feeling Daniel rather play other games than hold em ...What do you think, is that a must?

What are you asking, exactly?Must you play all games to be the best?Best what?Best at NL Holdem? NoBest at all games? Yes
Thats for sure. What I am saying is, all the pro's, all the best players, are great in all games, and a lot of them are better in other games than hold em, wihch amazes me, considering the fact they are such amazing hold em players.Also amazes me to see a lot of the pro's don't consider hold em as their favorite game.
What are you asking, exactly?Must you play all games to be the best?Best what?Best at NL Holdem? NoBest at all games? Yes
Thats for sure. What I am saying is, all the pro's, all the best players, are great in all games, and a lot of them are better in other games than hold em, wihch amazes me, considering the fact they are such amazing hold em players.Also amazes me to see a lot of the pro's don't consider hold em as their favorite game.
One more time. What exactly are you asking?Is it a must to play all games well to be a great NL player?orIs it a must to play all games well to be called the best poker player?
Phil Hellmuth = HoldemChip Reese =H.o.r.s.e.
FYP...I mean he did win the HORSE tourney last year... just sayin'.In my experience: (best players...)7-card stud - Joe AwadaNLHE - Phil Helmuth / Phil IveyLimit HE - Jen Harman? (Haven't seen nearly enough Limit tourneys to make a judgement on this one.)Omaha - Robert WilliamsonHORSE - Chip Reesebest all around - Ivey / DNanyone agree/disagree/have additions?
FYP...I mean he did win the HORSE tourney last year... just sayin'.In my experience: (best players...)7-card stud - Joe AwadaNLHE - Phil Helmuth / Phil IveyLimit HE - Jen Harman? (Haven't seen nearly enough Limit tourneys to make a judgement on this one.)Omaha - Robert WilliamsonHORSE - Chip Reesebest all around - Ivey / DNanyone agree/disagree/have additions?
Maybe add mike to the omaha category.
This is something I notice a lot lately. Most if not all the best no limit hold em players in the world play all poker games and are good in most. I am sure it helps to understand poker a lot better and makes you better, but is that a must? I even got the feeling Daniel rather play other games than hold em ...What do you think, is that a must?
You will never be "the best" so don't worry about it. I personally used to only play hold'em. Now, I really don't like it, but that's where all the donks are.
FYP...I mean he did win the HORSE tourney last year... just sayin'.In my experience: (best players...)7-card stud - Joe AwadaNLHE - Phil Helmuth / Phil IveyLimit HE - Jen Harman? (Haven't seen nearly enough Limit tourneys to make a judgement on this one.)Omaha - Robert WilliamsonHORSE - Chip ReeseRazz: scottynobest all around - Ivey / DNanyone agree/disagree/have additions?
My addition: Tourneys are different than cash games. You can't necessarily judge the best in the world by the success in tournaments.
My addition: Tourneys are different than cash games. You can't necessarily judge the best in the world by the success in tournaments.
Then my input would be based on tourney results alone, obv.

Playing other games improves your holdem. You learn to play holdem better by getting better at the other games. I know playing O8b has helped me read other players hands better, for instance.