I Get Myself Into Dilemmas

PokerStars $10+1 Rebuy NLHE MTTUTG T424kCO T474kButton T555kCobalt T601kBB T863kBlinds 20k/40k w/ 2k ante10 players leftPayouts: 1st $10k, 9th $500, 10th $300Average Stack ~T500k, Chip Leader T1.3mCobalt is SB w/ 7 :D 7 :club:. BB has mostly been a maniac on the final table bubble, but we haven't really tangled. The rest of the players have been very passively sitting back and waiting. (I've gotten two walks in the past few rounds.) I'm pretty sure that I'm better than the remaining field.Pre-flop:3 folds, Cobalt raises to T120k, BB goes all-in, Cobalt ?

Chuck it.You've still got a solid stack, and if he keeps donking, you'll get his money in a better spot.Survival is key. Especially since you think you are better than the field.

Chuck it.You've still got a solid stack, and if he keeps donking, you'll get his money in a better spot.Survival is key. Especially since you think you are better than the field.
well said.....I'll hold off of this one and wait... At these stages.. I like to Limp with Mid pairs espacilly up front..... and take call a small rasie.....they someone gets out of hand like this guy... you'll only lost a small amount..

hmm, this is obviously really close... never too fun to call off with 77, but i think i'd make it here. given the recent action and being on the ft bubble, he could be making a move with a lot of hands that you have in bad shape [A6-A2, 66-22] and you're 55/45 vs. two overs most of the time. i think it's a 'play for first' call. the other players being weak has to factor in, though. if you think you'll be able to rebuild pretty easily by stealing blinds and you aren't too worried about the bully on your left holding over you, then i could see letting it go.

Since villain has been very aggressive, does anyone like a limp/reraise here?
Not a fan becuase if the villain checks, then he's got no idea where he's at when the flop comes down K62 rainbow.As played, I think I'd call. Unless you think you're playing substantially better than the field, I think this is a great opportunity to accumulate chips. The BB probably is willing to push with most hands figuring that you'll fold since you can bubble on the hand and he can't. That would be my determining factor. If he's been kind of a maniac, I think that this is a clear call. He could be pushing with KQ, A6, 33 or worse. You're in good shape against most of his range. I think that you should call here, hope that you don't get unlucky and then cruise to the top 3.

you have 20% of your stack inyour 5 handedyou have 77your probably better than 60% against his rangeYour pots odds are what? like 1.5-1? too lazy to do mathYou have to be SUBSTANTIALLY better than the rest of the field to fold here.

Looks like 1.2-1.
i wasnt planning on doing math but that looked wrong so i did it, maybe wrongly, but i got 1.645-1.70K from blinds and antesmy 120 raisehis putting 600k in to put me all inthis equal 790ki have 480k left790/480=1.645=mandatory call unless im playing against 6 year olds.
your probably better than 60% against his range
I think we need info from the OP as to how he has played on the FT bubble so far before we can put villain on a range. If OP has been very tight, then we need to give the villain more credit. If OP has been raising twice a rotation, then I think we call.

Chris, I was probably raising once every round...possibly once every other round. (They were giving me walks, so I didn't have to be too aggressive to sustain.)

So not really getting too out of line then. Boy, I am def split on this one. If it has been difficult to steal due to the maniac at the table, then I lean towards calling. However, if you have been able to take down the blinds without much resistance, then I think it's a fold.

I think calling is a very good +EV move and our equity jumps immeasurably if we double up, cripple the maniac and go to the final table as one of the chip leaders.

To me I guess it depends on what you mean by maniac. Some people use the term to describe really aggressive players, as opposed to what I consider a maniac, which is someone who plays like they have a screw loose. What has he shown down to make you classify him this way? What are his numbers?If he's truly a maniac, I'm insta-calling this. His range would include many, many hands that you are ahead of, including many that you dominate (small pairs, middle suited connectors, baby aces, etc.). I interpret his range that broadly because your raise looks like a steal. Hell, if he's really a maniac, his range could be any two. I don't see folding this here to a maniac. If he's got one of the 7 hands that's ahead of you, then so be it.

i wasnt planning on doing math but that looked wrong so i did it, maybe wrongly, but i got 1.645-1.70K from blinds and antesmy 120 raisehis putting 600k in to put me all inthis equal 790ki have 480k left790/480=1.645=mandatory call unless im playing against 6 year olds.
this isn't quite right, btw. you don't get to keep any of the excess from his raise that puts you all in, so it's70k + 100k + 560k / 480k = 1.52:1, so you need like 40% equity vs. his range, which you have imo.
To me I guess it depends on what you mean by maniac. Some people use the term to describe really aggressive players, as opposed to what I consider a maniac, which is someone who plays like they have a screw loose. What has he shown down to make you classify him this way? What are his numbers?If he's truly a maniac, I'm insta-calling this. His range would include many, many hands that you are ahead of, including many that you dominate (small pairs, middle suited connectors, baby aces, etc.). I interpret his range that broadly because your raise looks like a steal. Hell, if he's really a maniac, his range could be any two. I don't see folding this here to a maniac. If he's got one of the 7 hands that's ahead of you, then so be it.
From my earlier play with him, he wasn't previously a maniac, but he's fallen into that as we've reached the FT bubble. I'd say he was shoving at least once or twice per round.Does anyone feel that we should've just shoved pre-flop?

See...pushing keeps me from getting in this dilemma. I'm happy that most of y'all are making this call...cause I made it. He flipped K9o and the board came AQJ...8...T. So I got to be the final table bubble boy. The results made me regret my decision, but I do think making the call and winning gives me a very good shot at winning the tournament.