New Challenge (old Challenge)

Mark,Been following along enjoying immensely. Keep up the good work. On another note I grabbed a couple nice ones with ur fav hand 75s, trips and a str* in a s&g to take it down. Best Regards
Woot, nice work! I heard aba20 say yesterday that 74s is his favorite hand, so its good to know the weird suited gappers are popular among the high stakes players too :)Mark
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Woot, nice work! I heard aba20 say yesterday that 74s is his favorite hand, so its good to know the weird suited gappers are popular among the high stakes players too :)Mark
Mark how on earth did you put in the 3rd raise with T5s on BODOG. In my experience you will get snap called at least by one player if not both and you will need a tire iron to pry them off the hand after the flop with almost anything out there. On average Bodog players are sticky as hell, but I would be interested to hear what your thoughts are.

I feel like it was 'standard' but maybe I just had a case of FPS yesterday I dunno. Here is what led up to it:I had been at the table long enough to have a pretty tight image, hadn't shown down any junk, etc. The guy that opened the pot was a donk, running at about 37/29. (In comparison, I run at about 20/16 lately in my nittish ways right now). The guy next to act was the only decent player at the table, and had be insolating this guy a fair amount. I felt like his range of 3betting hands here is pretty big.So I have a situation where its very likely the opener has junk, and the guy behind him has something reasonable but definitely not premium. Its not a move I make often but just something I had been talking about earlier with some friends in reference to what someone should have been doing to me when I was continually isolating a donk on another table. I'm kind of surprised he even called me with JJ because I had been so tight up till then and I'm only 4betting him there with AA, KK, AK, or maybe QQ. So he is just WAY behind my range. And even if I'm on a bluff like I was, most likely an overcard comes out, he checks, I bet the flop, and now he is sitting there with JJ, a nitty player who 4bet him, overcards on the flop, and a nitty player betting. I don't see how he can call. So I think thats a bad situation for him to get into.So anyway, all that kind of went into my thinking, and I decided that there was a good chance he didn't have a hand he could call with, and I could pick up some dead money. Turns out, he called with probably the bottom of his range, happened to spike a set, and get unlucky that I hit a flop that I wasn't going to fold.Mark

I feel like it was 'standard' but maybe I just had a case of FPS yesterday I dunno. Here is what led up to it:I had been at the table long enough to have a pretty tight image, hadn't shown down any junk, etc. The guy that opened the pot was a donk, running at about 37/29. (In comparison, I run at about 20/16 lately in my nittish ways right now). The guy next to act was the only decent player at the table, and had be insolating this guy a fair amount. I felt like his range of 3betting hands here is pretty big.So I have a situation where its very likely the opener has junk, and the guy behind him has something reasonable but definitely not premium. Its not a move I make often but just something I had been talking about earlier with some friends in reference to what someone should have been doing to me when I was continually isolating a donk on another table. I'm kind of surprised he even called me with JJ because I had been so tight up till then and I'm only 4betting him there with AA, KK, AK, or maybe QQ. So he is just WAY behind my range. And even if I'm on a bluff like I was, most likely an overcard comes out, he checks, I bet the flop, and now he is sitting there with JJ, a nitty player who 4bet him, overcards on the flop, and a nitty player betting. I don't see how he can call. So I think thats a bad situation for him to get into.So anyway, all that kind of went into my thinking, and I decided that there was a good chance he didn't have a hand he could call with, and I could pick up some dead money. Turns out, he called with probably the bottom of his range, happened to spike a set, and get unlucky that I hit a flop that I wasn't going to fold.Mark
Well that reasoning is sound. Carry on, nothing to see here
I run superduperfantastic. Variance is my biznitch.Mark
FYP
WhatFace.jpgVery eleventyith level of you. :club:
FYP
You are correct sir, I do run super donk fantastic. I feel like I'm playing poorly as of late, and am just running into donkeys a lot, and getting lucky when I'm the donkey. Here is another good example:I'm up about $3000 in about 2 hours today. I was down $500 on Stars, felt like I was getting pwned so switched over to my trusty old Bodog 5/10. I sit at one table and in about 10 minutes I've blown through $600. Nothing bad, just repeatedly making hands and getting forced off them on later streets. My VPIP is probably 60% at this point too.Folds around to a decent regular who raises A9 on the button. I 3bet with AK in the sb, he just shoves, I call and double up. (I hadn't had a chance to reload so I had like $600 in front of me)I've sat at another table by now and immediately after the chips get pushed to me in the AK hand, I pick up JJ in the other window and raise. The same A9 guy insta 3bets me. I think his range is REALLY wide here for calling a shove since I just stacked him, and I remember him to be a huge tilt monkey. So I just shove. He snap calls AA, and I river the straight.So now he goes off with some good spewage in the chatbox. I snap him off for a decent sized pot a bit later, and then finally slowplay AA pf, he has KJ on a K86 board. I bet out on flop, he min raises, I shove, he calls, and I stack him again.What a fun day so far. I have to rail someone for a while now, but I might play tonight we'll see.gl all!Mark
I feel like it was 'standard'
Right. Raise and a re-raise in front of me....what do I have? T5s? ****, I better raise this puppy up. That's what Sklansky would do. :club:

This is the thread that gets me through the long days at work (...like right now...) NoSup4U, I may just have to start railing you to learn a thing or two about how to win vast sums of money by either:a) Outplaying my donk-tastic opponents, and when that fails...b) Rivering the winning hand when a better player catches me in a donkish play.I don't have Bodog (I'm Canadian, eh?) so it would only be on Stars.

This is the thread that gets me through the long days at work (...like right now...) NoSup4U, I may just have to start railing you to learn a thing or two about how to win vast sums of money by either:a) Outplaying my donk-tastic opponents, and when that fails...B) Rivering the winning hand when a better player catches me in a donkish play.I don't have Bodog (I'm Canadian, eh?) so it would only be on Stars.
It's really hard to watch Jedi's in action. You'll find yourself thinking, 'this is not the player I was looking for'.
This is the thread that gets me through the long days at work (...like right now...) NoSup4U, I may just have to start railing you to learn a thing or two about how to win vast sums of money by either:a) Outplaying my donk-tastic opponents, and when that fails...B) Rivering the winning hand when a better player catches me in a donkish play.I don't have Bodog (I'm Canadian, eh?) so it would only be on Stars.
hehe, I'm glad everyone enjoys this thread. I enjoy making it, although I feel a lot of pressure. Luckily I run like God.Poker is fun...for ev..ry..one..except my opponents....Mark
Right. Raise and a re-raise in front of me....what do I have? T5s? ****, I better raise this puppy up. That's what Sklansky would do. :club:
KJ raise, get reraised, sure all in. Standard! :)Mark

Just got word that the RBG is on tonight. I'm off to play, pray for me, I'm stuck $11K in this game lifetime... :(Mark

lllllllllolu say crabler and then say your not a fcper.gl donk!I bubbled in the $150 nightly, $50 and 2 $20's on ps today lol.Weeeeeeee! :D:club::D:D
OMG IVE BEEN PLAYING SO TIGHT DIDNT U SEE ME HOW CAN U MAKE THAT WITH JK OMG WHAT A DONKTARDO.nc seriously, and was my QQ read ok? I saw u make the tiny bets when u had Q7 so I figured those tiny bets were valuetown bets. Didn't want to say anything else in chat cuz it might help people and I'ms orry if I said too much. Either way, pinch pinch runner runner bubble ftw.

I had AA.I meant to bet regular but I kept on acting slow because I was disconnecting a lot. So I just bet as close as I could to it, so I could at least get the bet off.Good fold sir. gg :D:D:D:D:club:

Up $2800 tonight in the RBG, omg finally. All kinds of sickness I witnessed tonight, including 2 different times where someone called with bottom pair with 2 overpairs on the board. For instance, one of them the dude had 53o and the board was like TT885.hahaha. I still couldn't get my KK to hold fricking ever, but I won't complain.I'll post some of the fun sillyness I witnessed tomorrow but I need to get some sleep.Oh yeah, I saw a guy flop a wheel, and have to ask another player if that counted as a straight. And this guy was bought in for $10K.... (he was also the 53o guy from above). Mark

Up $2800 tonight in the RBG, omg finally. All kinds of sickness I witnessed tonight, including 2 different times where someone called with bottom pair with 2 overs on the board. For instance, one of them the dude had 53o and the board was like TT885.hahaha. I still couldn't get my KK to hold fricking ever, but I won't complain.I'll post some of the fun sillyness I witnessed tomorrow but I need to get some sleep.Oh yeah, I saw a guy flop a wheel, and have to ask another player if that counted as a straight. And this guy was bought in for $10K.... (he was also the 53o guy from above). Mark
LOL. One night I want in this game...if for no other reason to drink all that 'spensive azz wine!"Chamomile Mothah ******"!grats on the night buddy! B)
"Chamomile Mothah ******"!
LOL that is just so classic.So another funny/sick hand from last night:Donkey from post above who called on TT885 board with 53 bought in for $10K gets involved in a pot vs one of the decent players (a friend of Robert Williamson and Kevin O'Donnell, so he has had some decent mentoring) Donkey has JT vs good players AA on a JT4 flop. They get it all in, so pot is about $10K. And here is why poker is so sick:1) The JT guy is so horrible, and I do the same thing with AA there, so its so sick that he's behind in this huge pot2) The 4 comes on the river, giving the AA guy the win3) I'm rooting for the donkey to win because I don't want him to go broke before I can get into his stack, which is so gross cause I know whenever I'm in a pot the other decent players are rooting for me to get sucked out on cause they want the donks to have money.Love da pokah.Mark

Another hand similar to the 53 hand from earlier:I raise with AK, 2 guys call.Flop TT7, I bet, both guys call.Turn is a J, it checks around. River is another J, so board is JJTT7. I bet, because I'm sure I'm at least chopping, and I've seen people call with all kinds of crazy stuff in this game.First guy has A5 and calls me.Next guy calls with 76. 7 high no good sir!Mark

"Chamomile Mothah ******"! B)
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....QFMFT!!!!111111!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!
LOL that is just so classic.So another funny/sick hand from last night:Donkey from post above who called on TT885 board with 53 bought in for $10K gets involved in a pot vs one of the decent players (a friend of Robert Williamson and Kevin O'Donnell, so he has had some decent mentoring) Donkey has JT vs good players AA on a JT4 flop. They get it all in, so pot is about $10K. And here is why poker is so sick:1) The JT guy is so horrible, and I do the same thing with AA there, so its so sick that he's behind in this huge pot2) The 4 comes on the river, giving the AA guy the win3) I'm rooting for the donkey to win because I don't want him to go broke before I can get into his stack, which is so gross cause I know whenever I'm in a pot the other decent players are rooting for me to WIN cause they want the donks to have money.Love da pokah.Mark
FYP
Another hand similar to the 53 hand from earlier:I raise with AK, 2 guys call.Flop TT7, I bet, both guys call.Turn is a J, it checks around. River is another J, so board is JJTT7. I bet, because I'm sure I'm at least chopping, and I've seen people call with all kinds of crazy stuff in this game.First guy has A5 and calls me.Next guy calls with 76. 7 high no good sir!Mark
Well...it's OBV he has 3 PAIR......EASY CALL!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA.....QFMFT!!!!111111!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!FYPWell...it's OBV he has 3 PAIR......EASY CALL!!!!
3 pair with only a 6 kicker on that board. Im folding most of the time (like 35%)

I play so ****ing shitty when people rail me its disgusting.I was up $1400 this morning one tabling on Bodog for an hour. Friend rails me, within an hour I'm down $1000, net swing of $2800.God I ****ing suck. ANY****INGTIME someone rails me I cannot win. I play so horribly.ARGH!Mark