New Challenge (old Challenge)

I've been playing $10 6-max NLHE cash, is DC still very helpful for us micro grinders?
IIRC DC is focused on small stakers 6-max, so yes.Card runners have just finished an 8 part series on crushing micro stakes and I really want ot see it. Unfortunately I have more pressing issues right now (damn parking tickets).
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

But my point/question really is that I was at a loss as how to approach my play at a table with people playing like this...what is the best angle? Get up and move? Raise more? Raise less or smaller amounts? (3 to 4 x pre was the norm but sometimes 5x was happening with many calls anyway)
Raise for value and raise it to whatever amount you think they'll. Limp in with hands that play well multiway and have a potential to hit big. From the sound of it, you won't have a problem building a pot postflop when you hit so there's no reason to raise big preflop with suited connectors and gappers, etc. Don't c-bet when you miss. If they start adjusting and fire everytime you check, call down lighter after checking. Not sure why you'd wanna move from a table of stations.
Any of you guys ever had problems with consistency? If so, how did you go about addressing it?Cause well... Yeah..graphoctobersofarcq2.jpg
Graphs like this from lower players generally indicate good play, followed by a period of complacency and play that's way too loose.Stick to your game. There are many forms of tilt :club:
Raise for value ... Don't c-bet when you miss.
These. And you're raising AQ pre-flop for value. They're calling with worse and best of all the calling with QT and if you're really lucky Q4o. But when you miss there's no point in c-betting. This is fairly typical for a 1/2 table btw.So you know how when you move up levels you worry that the players are better than you? Well nothing is better than when a reg at the new levels proves that there are plenty of idiots at the next level up.Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $252.00BB: $212.20UTG: $92.00MP: $201.10Hero (CO): $219.00BTN: $200.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with 8 :D 8 :D1 fold, MP raises to $7, Hero calls $7, 3 foldsFlop: ($17.00) 8 :qh 8 :club: 6 :4h(2 players)MP bets $12, Hero calls $12Turn: ($41.00) Q :3h(2 players)MP bets $20, Hero raises to $58, MP raises to $182.10 all in, Hero calls $124.10River: ($405.20) 4 :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $405.20MP shows 7 :D 7 :D (two pair, Eights and Sevens)Hero shows 8 :5c 8 :qh (four of a kind, Eights)Hero wins $402.20(Rake: $3.00)

And then another guy confirms it for you:Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $230.00BB: $267.00UTG: $132.00MP: $292.00Hero (CO): $425.10BTN: $200.00Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with A :D A :club:UTG raises to $7, 1 fold, Hero raises to $24, 3 folds, UTG calls $17Flop: ($51.00) 9 :ts 9 :3h 5 :D(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $32, UTG raises to $64, Hero raises to $401.10 all in, UTG calls $44 all inTurn: ($267.00) 3 :4h(2 players - 2 are all in)River: ($267.00) 8 :qh(2 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $267.00UTG shows A :qh T :5c (a pair of Nines)Hero shows A :D A :D (two pair, Aces and Nines)Hero wins $264.00(Rake: $3.00)(damn forum won't let you post two HHs in the same post)

Graphs like this from lower players generally indicate good play, followed by a period of complacency and play that's way too loose.Stick to your game. There are many forms of tilt :club:
It's highly likely that you're tilting more than you think. I know that when I tilt it's often by just getting stubborn and saying "you're not gonna run me over anymore" and call down (or shove) a hand that's obviously beat. Another sure sign of tilt is when you look up at a hand in progress and wonder "how the hell did I end up seeing a flop with this?". I've come to realize that I tilt way more than I thought. Virtually every really long session of mine has at least an element of tilt so I now try to play no more than 2 hours at a time and then take at least a 15 min break. I've also found it really, really helpful to stand up and walk around after a bad beat (or a bad play) even if I don't think I'm tilted by it.
It's highly likely that you're tilting more than you think. I know that when I tilt it's often by just getting stubborn and saying "you're not gonna run me over anymore" and call down (or shove) a hand that's obviously beat. Another sure sign of tilt is when you look up at a hand in progress and wonder "how the hell did I end up seeing a flop with this?". I've come to realize that I tilt way more than I thought. Virtually every really long session of mine has at least an element of tilt so I now try to play no more than 2 hours at a time and then take at least a 15 min break. I've also found it really, really helpful to stand up and walk around after a bad beat (or a bad play) even if I don't think I'm tilted by it.
this is good advice. winning begets winning and losing begets losing. the second one happens way faster than the first. the graph in my blog is a great example. I took a big hit taking a shot, then started playing terrible trying to get it back. Not only was i getting to showdown in spots I shouldn't, but I was suddenly losing w/o showdown putting myself in more marginal situations. As soon as i stopped, gathered myself up, and started playing intentionally again, suddenly I started winning w/o showdown again.
Poetry.
The things you do to meMake me want to just break freeMy friend Ryan saysI need to write poetryI can't give upI won't back downEven though everyone I'm playing againstIS A CLOWN.If I lose anymoreI'm going to bash my head, off the doorNothing I do, is going rightI think I should, call it a nightThey never fold to a cbet or a 3betExcept when I have a big hand, this I regret50k hands, minus 500 dollarsAt this rate I'm going to have to sell my dog's collars.Please oh please flip off the doomswitchBefore I cashed out I was winning without a hitch.I'm sick of writing this, just make it stopLike Kevlar or Mark, I'm going to the mall to shop!
The things you do to meMake me want to just break freeMy friend Ryan saysI need to write poetryI can't give upI won't back downEven though everyone I'm playing againstIS A CLOWN.If I lose anymoreI'm going to bash my head, off the doorNothing I do, is going rightI think I should, call it a nightThey never fold to a cbet or a 3betExcept when I have a big hand, this I regret50k hands, minus 500 dollarsAt this rate I'm going to have to sell my dog's collars.Please oh please flip off the doomswitchBefore I cashed out I was winning without a hitch.I'm sick of writing this, just make it stopLike Kevlar or Mark, I'm going to the mall to shop!
Sorry for three betting you :club:
A poem.Mark
It's wittier without the '+'...

What do think of this? Villan is ruuning 66/22/NA over only 25 handsPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($30.35)MP ($27.50)Button ($25.45)SB ($35.45)Hero (BB) ($25.35)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif3 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75Flop: ($2) 4spade.gif, Jspade.gif, 8spade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $24.35 (All-In), SB calls $21.35Turn: ($50.70) 8diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($50.70) 8club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $50.70 | Rake: $2