New Challenge (old Challenge)

LOL. You have no idea how much of a pain in the ass boarding up your windows is. I did it for Ivan and Katrina but not this time. Besides being a pain in the ass, you have no idea what's going on outside, and once the power goes out it is completely pitch black dark inside the house. You literally can't see your hand in front of your face.
Candles dude.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

sigh. very swongy/annoying/tilty/emotional month for me. luckily i pulled together a couple good days at the end, grinding FR for a bit. august.jpg$4500 from the tables$1700 from fpps$500ish from staking i think?so, generously, i had a $6700 month...not what i was hoping for when the month started, but could have definitely been worse, especially considering where i was a few days ago. cant decide what im doing for september. i might go to FL and play mtts all month long, or i might just stay home and grind all month. or i might travel to multiple places (Florida, Michigan, vegas). hopefully i'll get in 60k hands no matter what happens, and look to have a $10k+ month again in sept.gl all

LOL. You have no idea how much of a pain in the ass boarding up your windows is. I did it for Ivan and Katrina but not this time.
But isn't this one the big one? Shouldn't you be taking more precautions? Your location probably matters but the news are hyping this as the most powerful one that they've ever seen
So goals for August:1. Dont tilt :D Play 50 nl and if I drop 3 BIs drop back down to 25nl and rebuild.3. Play as many GOOD hrs as possible, with no trips this month and an easier work schedule hopefully I will get in at least 30k hands, if not thats ok4. If things go well hopefully be rolled with 30BIs for 100nlUpward graphs for everyone in August :ts:D
August was a fairly good month for me, besides the 14k break even stretch, but im pretty satisfied with how it went. Moved to 50nl and did fairly well, just didnt get in the volume that I would like. I also took a shoot at 100nl following a fish that played so so bad but i ended up dropping 2 BIs there. Augustgraph.jpgAuguststats.jpgResults:+960 from NLH+145 from fpp sats+150 or so from 1/2 O8Bship the +1K month bring Br to $2600September Goals:1. Log as many hands as possible, something around 40k. But if Im not in the right mind set DONT PLAY :4h reach Platinum star, almost got there this month, I know I can make it this month3. start incorporating one 100nl table in with my 50nl tables till Im fully rolled to move up.4. Make good decisions, dont have results based thinking5. Open a DC account 6. Get as much out of my coaching session/s as possible7. Dont Tilt.Let us all make September our Bitch :club:
But isn't this one the big one? Shouldn't you be taking more precautions? Your location probably matters but the news are hyping this as the most powerful one that they've ever seen
Yes, location matters a great deal. Not even close to the most powerful. This one may screw up New Orleans worse because of where it's making landfall, but Katrina and probably even Ivan were far worse.

I <3 August - I continued to fair well in 10nl leading to me taking a shot @25nl alot earlier than I expected, it's gone really well (tho I had a sick downswing not long after I started it where if i'd dropped another BI I would've moved back down). Managed to comeback and im really happy with how it's gone. I'm actually rolled for a shot @ 50nl but have decided to stay and put in another week or 2 maybe and resharpen up, feel like i've become complacent and not as focused.August Goals:- 9K or so hands, i'm not a big stickler for this target, more important to feel i'm playing well and improve[x] did alot more than expected. 17k- +3bb/100[x][x2] Mucho chuffed at the rate i've got, some is probably good running tho I don't have a PEV graph- Learn more, hopefully rail/get railed[x] Been and had a few rails, think i still have more to learn by a longway- Maybe sign up for Deuces Cracked[x] Did the week free and it's freaking awesome, far *far* better than PVT and much better that CR for cash- Eliminate more leaks[?]- Watch some more PokerVT, try and stomach the maths section[ ] Fail, it's boring. I've downloaded the DC stuff n gonna try that- +75$ w/o rakeback[x] Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. See GraphCombined 10nl + 25NL, prolly ahead about 10$ more as I had a quick invincible session @ flipsaugust.jpgStatsaugstats.jpgSeptember Goals:-10K hands-Maybe try 50NL-5bb/100-Profit-Watch more DC vids, maths 6max and start HU

Played poker with Mark today at Bellagio. Won about $2k at 5/10 in 5 hours. Had dinner at Firefly and went to see Richard Cheese at the Hard Rock.It was a good day.

Played poker with Mark today at Bellagio. Won about $2k at 5/10 in 5 hours. Had dinner at Firefly and went to see Richard Cheese at the Hard Rock.It was a good day.
so jealous, must be nice to be able to play live 5/10 donkcashgameaments whenever you want! Just remember to always hit that spade on the river. :)And then to top off a winning session with dinner at Firefly. I'm so hungry right now just thinking about those tapas! mmmmm, tastyMakes me wish I was in Vegas right now, I'd probably be drunk bowling. Have no idea about this Cheese fellow but his name made me think of cheesy tapas!My September goal is just to make money playing the pokerz, and get GoldStar on Stars. I think I can doooo it!
so jealous, must be nice to be able to play live 5/10 donkcashgameaments whenever you want! Just remember to always hit that spade on the river. :)And then to top off a winning session with dinner at Firefly. I'm so hungry right now just thinking about those tapas! mmmmm, tastyMakes me wish I was in Vegas right now, I'd probably be drunk bowling. Have no idea about this Cheese fellow but his name made me think of cheesy tapas!My September goal is just to make money playing the pokerz, and get GoldStar on Stars. I think I can doooo it!
I think this post sums up everything I would have said anyway and then some. QFT

oh man, if I grind all 1/2NL HU this month even w/no rakeback I could be Tremomey ballin!Up like 6 BI in 500 hands the past two daysI might tape a big piece of paper on my desk with the words "Don't take shots at 5/10NL and nlo8. Just play 1/2NL and PLO!"Prolly a +5k EV decision, but finding a blank sheet of paper is the problem.crazy norweigans! that turn card gave me quite a sweat.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($485.80)Button ($99.10)Preflop: Hero is SB with Qspade.gif Kspade.gifButton raises to $6, Hero calls $4Flop: ($12) 10diamond.gif Jspade.gif 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $12, Hero raises to $24, Button raises to $84, Hero raises to $264, Button calls $9.10 (All-In)Turn: ($198.20) Qheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($198.20) 6club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $198.20 | Rake: $0.50Results in white below: Button had 4club.gif 2heart.gif (high card, Queen).Hero had Qspade.gif Kspade.gif (straight, King high).Outcome: Hero won $197.70

September Goals:I'm really tired so I'm not going to go into specifics. But basically spent a long long time this month with SNG's, just generally mucking around and slowly grinding a profit. Finally unlazified myself and went off to FTP to play some $10NL and won some then lost some and I think I'm done about 5 BI's and really need to work on getting my game back into cash mode. * Play 40k hands Cash * No BB rate, just play as well as possibleI have quite some time off in September after this week, so I plan on taking advantage and really grinding and learning and winning.Let's go go go

jesse sweats like a ************drunk 2/4nl insomniac style = highly ev imotodayyj4.jpgw1850.pngI read souls for a livingPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $497CO: $166Button: $382.70SB: $1769.80Syous: $1221.30Pre-flop: (5 players) Syous is BB with Q :4h A :club:UTG raises to $12, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Syous raises to $62, UTG calls, CO folds, SB calls.Flop: K :D K :5c 9 :D ($198, 3 players)SB checks, Syous bets $122, UTG raises all-in $435, SB folds, Syous calls.Turn: A :D ($1068, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1068)River: 5 :ts ($1068, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1068)Results:Final pot: $1068Syous showed Qh AdUTG mucks Ac Jc

jesse sweats like a ************drunk 2/4nl insomniac style = highly ev imoI read souls for a livingPoker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$45 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $497CO: $166Button: $382.70SB: $1769.80Syous: $1221.30Pre-flop: (5 players) Syous is BB with Q :4h A :club:UTG raises to $12, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Syous raises to $62, UTG calls, CO folds, SB calls.Flop: K :D K :5c 9 :D ($198, 3 players)SB checks, Syous bets $122, UTG raises all-in $435, SB folds, Syous calls.Turn: A :D ($1068, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1068)River: 5 :ts ($1068, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $1068)Results:Final pot: $1068Syous showed Qh AdUTG mucks Ac Jc
<----said on skype that he could have AJcc