New Challenge (old Challenge)

dont quit get it all back you donk.yes i'll be F5ing this shit for the next 10 minutes and spamming to get to 7500.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Standard day. Make lots of money in the morning. Give it all back and get stuck 2K in the afternoon, spend the night trying to get even.dayfg8.jpgMark
Wow you've had like 3 days this month where you've put in like at least 5k hands right? I have a feeling tomorrow you'll make 2k profit in 200 hands.2006 posts!
Wow you've had like 3 days this month where you've put in like at least 5k hands right? I have a feeling tomorrow you'll make 2k profit in 200 hands.2006 posts!
I've put in 20K hands this month, 15K of them coming on 3 days lol. All breakeven of course.Mark

Back from retirement. My desktop seems to be dead. I guess I'll actually have to retire for a bit. Talk about karma

I also will likely visit Borgata during the WPT to play all the cash game donkmonkeys that come to town, and I advocate any other east coaster to do so as well to make money and improve their live poker skillz. Maybe we can have an FCP meetup during the middle of the month, but I will post about that in General as the time approaches.
I am down for this. I will make it up there for at least one weekend in September. Possibly a weekday instead.
I just have to brag, so you all get to hear. :club: Just played a super quick session, and after counting all my profit, rakeback, cleared bonuses, etc, I am now up over $10k this month.I find this to be truly ridiculous, lol, but I had to share.
Wooooooot......ship it.
being as br cautious as someone such as rdog(<3)advocates is not for everyone.
FWIW, of anyone I know that plays professionally I am probably the least bankroll nit. By far, I keep less buyins online than anyone (25-30). I am more of a skills nit. At the lower levels I honestly think you should be moving up once you have 20 buy ins for the next level. There may be people that can make all the money they want at 100 NL and like the stress free money which is perfectly fine (I surely can't dispute anyone for not moving up due to personal reasons since I am in the same situation). I just think once you get to the games where there are some decent regs (probably 100 NL) that it is how skilled you are that should determine if you move up if your desire is to continually move up limits. That is where I am pretty nitty.
Yeah apparently its becoming tradition for the Cub fan that plans this shit to not be able to play.
you broke it? Jesus I dislocated mine in a rugby match, it was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, breaking it must be horrible.
Whoever reposted Hoosier's post a few posts above, I'm glad you did. It seems like there are always a number of good players taking shots and doing well immediately in the games they choose to play, but not expecting the inevitable downswings that are bound to occur and quite possibly break them if they don't follow proper bankroll management. Since it's everyone's own money they are playing with, to each his own, and being as br cautious as someone such as rdog(<3)advocates is not for everyone. However, I definitely agree with the general point that you should be playing with a large enough number of buy-ins at whatever limit you are currently playing at so there is virtually no chance of going busto or losing a large % of your roll in a day. It is also imperative to have some form of data(noteback, PT results, etc) that you are a winning player at a level over a significant sample size before moving up permanently. I do advocate shot taking, especially if there are good games filled with donks at slightly higher levels, but set a stop loss and always be prepared to move back down in limits if you fall under the number of minimum buy-ins you are comfortable playing with at your level without going broke. Most of this advice and similar advice given throughout the thread applies to people that want to take poker seriously as more than a hobby and want to consistently make money at it. If you are a recreational player with a full time job who is willing to take shots at games with something like 5-10 buyins where going broke won't matter much then proper br management is not the most important thing for you, but for aspiring professionals it definitely is. About a year ago, I wish I had followed it better myself.Ok, so onto my poker related goals for August. It looks like I will accomplish 2 of the main 3 goals I set for myself. I got at least 200 FTP points during each of the first 25 days of August, and at the last second I switched to the 30k IronMan freeroll FTP offers instead of the 100 bonus medals. In terms of cash value the bonus medals aren't worth that much, I think it's around a $17 value for 100 bonus medals, although you can create your own table with just 750 medals, which is kind of cool. It would be nice to have jpo123's HU 2/4 NL08 table. :)Last month's 30k freeroll had less than 500 players in it, so combined with the the fact that some players may not show up and some won't know anything about tournaments, I figure the freeroll is worth about $100 in terms of equity. Also, if you win you get to play 3 other players in a 5k winner take all sng.On PokerStars, I got SilverStar again really quickly but then slacked on my Stars playing, so instead of overpushing myself this month, I am going to work hard at the beginning of September to stay on pace for at least GoldStar.In terms of total hands played, I probably will play around the 15k cash game hands I wanted to, and have logged at least that amount of tournament and sng hands, but I know those don't count. In terms of total hours spent on poker, watching vids, reading forums, etc., it went way up in August from last month and honestly I probably focused more on poker this month than in any other month in 2008. I also did other important stuff that will help me develop as a better all around player in the future such as buying certain poker programs, getting a dual screen setup, etc. I know August isn't even over yet so I won't state my goals for September this early, but I think I am going to do 333 pushups(1/3 of 1k pushups cuz I likely won't make Goldstar) in the first three days of September.I also will likely visit Borgata during the WPT to play all the cash game donkmonkeys that come to town, and I advocate any other east coaster to do so as well to make money and improve their live poker skillz. Maybe we can have an FCP meetup during the middle of the month, but I will post about that in General as the time approaches.Anyway, I don't know why I wrote such a long post that looks like it belongs in a blog, but I have nothing else to do before going to bed tonite and playing one day of live poker tomorrow in AC. My body just cannot get to bed before 4am anymore. Oh yeh, I also shipped the mixed game neg-o tonite and have won 4 of the past 6 of those so that gave me a lil boost to both my tourney game and mixed game play. I will definitely be checking out the midstakes HORSE games on FTP next month, since this month I've been doing well playing the 8/16 Limit O8 games on Tilt. I wish I had a cool picture to end this post with, but I have nothing saved on my laptop, grrrrrrr.
take off the freaking sweater. i know you're wearing it.
FWIW, of anyone I know that plays professionally I am probably the least bankroll nit. By far, I keep less buyins online than anyone (25-30). I am more of a skills nit. At the lower levels I honestly think you should be moving up once you have 20 buy ins for the next level. There may be people that can make all the money they want at 100 NL and like the stress free money which is perfectly fine (I surely can't dispute anyone for not moving up due to personal reasons since I am in the same situation). I just think once you get to the games where there are some decent regs (probably 100 NL) that it is how skilled you are that should determine if you move up if your desire is to continually move up limits. That is where I am pretty nitty.
*chuckle* I keep 20K online and I regularly play 5/10nl. I win beotch!!! :)Mark
*chuckle* I keep 20K online and I regularly play 5/10nl. I win beotch!!! :)Mark
LOL, as I wrote that, I was thinking "hmmmm........I bet Mark is close".
you broke it? Jesus I dislocated mine in a rugby match, it was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced, breaking it must be horrible.
Yeah I was in a ton of pain when i woke up this morning. 2 vicodans and 15 minutes later I feel pretty decent though
Yeah I was in a ton of pain when i woke up this morning. 2 vicodans and 15 minutes later I feel pretty decent though
Is there a way to fix it or is it like a toe?
Is there a way to fix it or is it like a toe?
unless something changes when I see the orthapedic this afternoon. Im in a sling with a strap around my back keeping my arm tight to my body for about 6 weeks.
unless something changes when I see the orthapedic this afternoon. Im in a sling with a strap around my back keeping my arm tight to my body for about 6 weeks.
Damn.