• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

99% of the time
it's like i forget the reason i had a great instead of good last session was because i saved a ton of bets, and then i catch myself calling 2 cold with A2|8 when a 3 bets and a 4 raises with an ace behind me and end up getting put in the middle for a huge pot i should have folded on damn near every street.
LOL, as I wrote that, I was thinking "hmmmm........I bet Mark is close".
I actually only have about 12K in my Tilt account right now because I suck so bad, and it was down to 6K earlier this month!
Good job on the 10k month so far Lobster. Now just pray that you didn't jinx yourself by talking about it 4 days before the month is over!
This!I think I'll send out an email about his month to all our local poker buddies to jinx him even more. hahaha. Just wanted to say too, Bob has really come a long way fast. It was only like 3 months ago or something that he was over at my house and I was sweating him, and he was telling me how he was pretty good about running his roll up to 1000, then losing almost all of it, getting it back to 1000, losing a lot of it etc. And I was like, you are playing well. When it clicks and you get it to where you don't spew off the silly buyin here and there and you go on a good run, you'll start crushing. Its good to see his success.Mark

by the way, i want to get my congrats into lobster before the inevitable downswing after the premature brag. Congrats! I vaguely remember Mark posting about telling you to jump up to 100nl a few months ago when you were underrolled because you were skilled enough for it.

Good job on the 10k month so far Lobster. Now just pray that you didn't jinx yourself by talking about it 4 days before the month is over!
I still have 5 days of play left. Easy $15k total will be upcoming, imo. :club:
This!I think I'll send out an email about his month to all our local poker buddies to jinx him even more. hahaha. Just wanted to say too, Bob has really come a long way fast. It was only like 3 months ago or something that he was over at my house and I was sweating him, and he was telling me how he was pretty good about running his roll up to 1000, then losing almost all of it, getting it back to 1000, losing a lot of it etc. And I was like, you are playing well. When it clicks and you get it to where you don't spew off the silly buyin here and there and you go on a good run, you'll start crushing. Its good to see his success.Mark
Yeah Mark, I just checked my email... thanks for the jinx... dick. :ts j/kI had a really decent run back in May, only to spew most of it back (after taking what I still maintain was a decent shot, just ended up getting coolered twice... and then proceeded to tilt away a bunch more during that shot, which was not smart at all, lol, then changing my game and becoming a passive fish for a while). After all that I took about a month off, spent a lot of time looking at what I was doing, studied a lot, and actually railed a couple online games (the first time I had ever really done this without playing). Finally this month (on the 8th to be exact :D ) the whole saying about 'not trying to win every pot, just the big ones' finally sunk in, I nitted up a tiny bit and stopped trying to outplay everyone, and finally realized all the small pots I was spewing away add up really quickly. So here's hoping my decent play continues. And I still know I play some hands poorly and I have a ton to improve to get to the spot most of you all are at, but I will keep working, be exceptionally smart this time with my bankroll, and proceed to crush forever. At least that's the plan... :D
by the way, i want to get my congrats into lobster before the inevitable downswing after the premature brag. Congrats! I vaguely remember Mark posting about telling you to jump up to 100nl a few months ago when you were underrolled because you were skilled enough for it.
Thanks, but downswings are overrated. :ts Suck it poker gods! :club: omg what did I just do...
I just have to brag, so you all get to hear. :club: Just played a super quick session, and after counting all my profit, rakeback, cleared bonuses, etc, I am now up over $10k this month.I find this to be truly ridiculous, lol, but I had to share.
Congrats dude thats awesome, like everyone else said it looks like you've come a really long way in a short amount of time. Any of those regs still givin you trouble? :ts

Got back from LA last nite...won 7.5k on the trip which is nice considering the first 2 days I was up 5.6k and cruising...proceeded to lose that back and another 4k on top...so to finish up was a nice way to leave.I really learned a lot about live play, and i think it has really prepared me for the LAPC (if i can make it out there for that event). But yea....i really think i learned a lot about live play that I really needed to. Every session seemed to get better and better.I ended up playing most of my hours in the 5/10 uncapped game at the bike. The bike isn't quite as nice as the commerce and doesn't spread as many big games (only occasionally spreading 10/25) but their 5/10 uncapped game played pretty big.The last few days were pretty crazy.Game from a few nites ago...there was this crazy asian dude who was just putting ridiculous amounts of money into the pot with any two. He kept overbet raising preflop and showing trash hands...so this hand he straddles to $20 utg and there are like 3 or 4 limpers, including the button who was really loose and a gambler.So, I call the $20 in the sb with QQ anticipating the straddler to make a big raise like he usually did. And lol he did.He made it $700, the button called the $700 cold, and I ended up just shipping it in for 2.5k$ more on top.Asian guy thought for literally 10 minutes or so and then folded. The button folded sooted nectors, but said he woulda called had the other guy.lolplayed a few other hands against both of them. One against the button...he raised to 150 on the button, I 3bet with QQ 475 more ontop of the $150. he called.flop J85cc i bet $600 to hopefully induce a raise and he did, making it 1.5k. I shipped (which i'm not sure if I made the best play) and he folded.Then another hand against the crazy asian guy...i may have already posted it...but this really weird bad player old guy limped utg he had over 10k on the table and the asian dude covered. I prob had 5-7k...so i make it $55 and asian guy calls on the button and old guy calls.flop is 223 and it checks around, the turn is a 3 and checks to asian dude who bets $200, old guy folds, and i take some time and call the $200.River comes a 4 and he bets $700 when I check to him. My instincts immediately tell me to call but i don't wanna look like a fool if i'm wrong so I stand up to think about it and clear my head...finally put the 700$ in my hand and throw it into the pot. He looks sick so I just turn over K high and the table finds this to be some sort of sick call. Whatever, ship it.I didn't really pull any major bluffs in this game all week. Didn't really need to. Obviously picked up pots here and there with rags, but never a stupid (sick) bluff. I only did one or two of those all week and both times were in the 10/20 game with what seemed to be slightly better players, or at least scared money.Oh yea, I met Daniel there on accident sorta.It was my last day there and I was in the bathroom on a break from the cash game and he walked in...i was washing my hands when he came over so I made the really awkward, "hey daniel, I'm jordan from your forum"haha, he didn't really seem to know who i was, and/or was caught off guard, so I was just like, well gl in your tournament and off he went. O, last thing, I'm pretty sure i played with a real life tony soprano in the 5/10 game at the bike. lol that was fun.Made some 'friends' out there...come feb. I may go back for the LAPC, but the real reason is some of the private games i was told about that are supposed to be just sick and you need a lot of money to play...so...hopefully the next few months go well.- Jordan

I just think once you get to the games where there are some decent regs (probably 100 NL) that it is how skilled you are that should determine if you move up if your desire is to continually move up limits. That is where I am pretty nitty.
I think that playing against better opponents makes you a better player. So moving up prematurely isnt a big mistake if one at all.
I know that last post took me awhile to type out and you were probably eagerly awaiting whatever I was about to say, but if you do retire, just start posting under a new account for a change of luck.
Yeah, that doesn't work.
I think that playing against better opponents makes you a better player. So moving up prematurely isnt a big mistake if one at all.
I hear this a lot and I don't really agree with it. Confidence is the #1 factor in poker and whatever #2 is isn't even close. Moving up to "play with better players" before you are ready is going to result in you getting your ass handed to you a large majority of the time. The loss of confidence is going to be much more detrimental to your game than the playing with better players ever will be.

Hmmm, it appears i'm rolled for a 50nl shot... any 50nl'ers around in the next few hrs that wouldn't mind me sweating?

or....a style of HU play where you play retardedly aggressive and bluff every handthats obv an exaggeration..but jay does play a far more aggro style HU than i do

Hmmm, it appears i'm rolled for a 50nl shot... any 50nl'ers around in the next few hrs that wouldn't mind me sweating?
I 8 tabled this morning.. wanted to 9 table but didn't realize you have to e-mail FT to ask them to allow you to play more than 8 tables. I might do this again later tonight at either 50 or 100 probably around 7 or 8 pm EST. If you are around I wouldn't mind you sweating, if you want IM me, screen name is same as here

Also, there was a discussion a few pages back about HU showdown winnings and non SD winnings.. I have too many hands to load into PokerEV but I know my graph looks a lot different then Jay and Matt's graph. I'm like a small winner in Non SD pots and big winner in SD pots.

Also, there was a discussion a few pages back about HU showdown winnings and non SD winnings.. I have too many hands to load into PokerEV but I know my graph looks a lot different then Jay and Matt's graph. I'm like a small winner in Non SD pots and big winner in SD pots.
I think you can load up to like 100k........that is like a years worth of hands for you no? I would be interested in seeing it if you can post some of them since I just assumed every HU winner won huge amounts in non-showdown pots.
I still have 5 days of play left. Easy $15k total will be upcoming, imo. :club:
I'm looking at a nice run to end the month as well to get to 30k and my best month ever.