New Challenge (old Challenge)

Well my buddy was revising so couldn't go out, out, but didn't want to be left to revise, so we just turned degen.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random will take you to a random wikipedia pageI jokingly bet £10 it'll land on a page title beginning with the letters L-Z (aided in my favour to compensate for Q, X and Z)He gets interested, so we agree eventually on £5, him taking A-KFirst one's Earthstone's (Album), so he takes £5.I challenge double or quits, and he accepts. Dustin's Daily News. Damn.I challenge him again, and he accepts. Eddie Costa. Come on! I'm down £20!!I then give him the £20, and get out some coins to give myself chance to actually bet. From there, bet's ranged from £1-£5, depending on his stack.I go on a sick streak in which I relinquish L, and he has to put his own money in. He gains some profit, but I eventually take him out after he asks to switch his A-L for my M-Z. I accept, and win. We then swap back, and I felt him.Here's my run (from the bottom, up), then the grind through:wikipediarunty7.png
That's one of the coolest silly bets I've seen.And bleh,PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton (t18756)Hero (t54118)BB (t6324)UTG (t18421)UTG+1 (t50610)MP1 (t36384)MP2 (t4385)MP3 (t26384)CO (t20652)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. 4 folds, MP3 raises to t1200, CO raises to t20602, 1 fold, Hero raises to t54068, 1 fold, MP3 folds.Flop: (t76170) Jdiamond.gif, Tdiamond.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Turn: (t76170) 7heart.gif(2 players)River: (t76170) Theart.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t42704Results in white below: Hero has Ac Kd (one pair, tens). CO has Jh Ks (two pair, jacks and tens). Outcome: CO wins t42704. 15th now :/I think I'm playing good poker, making good reads and timely bluffs. I'd be ecstatic to get to the ME (Or have 12500 0_0) with my mini bankroll. ONE TYYYME?
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

am i missing somehitng here or does gobbo have nut flush and u have q high flush ???
Nobody has a flush, only 3 hearts on board.Mark

first this...

This is x-posted from a 2p2 thread and I thought that it was an awesome post, so I brought it back for you guys.
then this...
awesome, awesome read. i have been wallowing in my misery the last few days as everyone has been hitting their draws against me. i'm gonna regroup, keep playing my game, and run good this weekend.
then i just took 4th in the full tilt $24k for $2k which is a nice score for me. still need to take one though...

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $43.90UTG+1: $49.75Hero: $77.40Button: $67.90SB: $55.15BB: $27.65Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :4h:D2 folds, Hero raises to $2, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: :D:ts:club: ($4.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($10.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero calls.River: :5c ($26.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $11, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $11 returned to Button.Results:Final pot: $26.75Hand I found interesting. Button is solid reg, been calling me in pos a lot lately and pretty much been owning me. I actually regretted pf as soon as I did it was on autopilot. due to floaty nature, decided check calling was best, but on river I got confused. Here's chatmln_falcon said, "I have no idea what your thinking"mln_falcon said, "totally levelled"mln_falcon: folds Kozat collected $25.45 from potKozat: doesn't show hand Kozat said, "u had?"mln_falcon said, "A"Kozat said, "better kicker than a queen?"mln_falcon: checks mln_falcon said, "no"mln_falcon said, "couldn't decide if you thought I couldn't fold JJ or whatever or if I could"Kozat said, "you a 2+2 member?"mln_falcon said, "technically"mln_falcon said, "never post, FCP"Kozat said, "well i have like the awsome amout of 3 posts"Chatting was definitely a mistake, why give someone I'm having trouble playing with extra ammunition. still interesting.

Also lol wp sir (serious question, is river b/f or b/c?, I was planning to fold, but it would've been tough)Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $56.25UTG+1: $31.20CO: $50Button: $32.85Hero: $85.85BB: $46.50Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :D:club:3 folds, Button calls, Hero raises to $2, BB calls, Button folds.Flop: :4h:D:ts ($4.5, 2 players)Hero bets $3, BB calls.Turn: :D ($10.5, 2 players)Hero bets $7.5, BB calls.River: :5c ($25.5, 2 players)Hero bets $15, BB calls.Results:Final pot: $55.5Hero showed Ks KdBB showed 8c 8s

LOL guitar hero. gilbertology on drums, vick12 on bass, xzanos on guitar, checkymccouchpotato on laptop.image065uo9.jpgMarkEdit. woot. I had that pic up before the song was over

falcon i'd hate to have to fold, but if villain jams the river we're only beating a bluff. it's also so dry, that i think we see 87 or a set of 3s everytime - 8s are pretty mindblowing.and:"Kozat said, "u had?"mln_falcon said, "A"Kozat said, "better kicker than a queen?""is a pretty silly sentence from him, I'd assume he flopped bottom two or you've been passive in these spots before and he figured he could just bet you off your hand.

So my session last night:I meet Acid Knight at the Rio around 5pm, but of course they have all the tables used up for the limit tourney donks so the 10/25 and 5/10nl lists are about 50 deep. We cruise over to the Venetian and get in a 5/10nl game with gilbertology. Marchant shows up as well and we all play for a while. Cwik makes it into town and we break for dinner at the Noodle Bar. Worst service ever. First disappointing trip there :(So my table is pretty crazy, mostly due to a couple good lags who are just battling with each other during every hand. I look like a super nit because I've folded every hand my first 2 orbits at the table (no joke). I don't get much of anything. I have to fold JJ twice pf (once to AA, once to AK) I also run TT into QQ. I have a gross hand where its a 5 way raised pot, I'm in the bb with 85c. Flop 963ccc. Utg raiser leads out, flat call, fold fold, I raise to 750, utg raiser shoves, call behind him, I call my last 400 off. 99 vs A2c vs me. Luckily board bricks, and I win a decent side pot vs 99 and only lose 200 on the hand.(lol jamie has to sit on pillows on the chair to play the drums because he's short)I play the T8s hand where I float oop and bluff the river. I show the hand, which I normally don't and regret doing because villain was good and had position on me. We played a pot later where I raise JJ in the CO, he 3bets, I call. Flop 996 2 clubs, he pots I call, turn 2, check check, river 2c, he leads for 500, I tank and fold. We talk when he's leaving and he says he is surprised I could fold a middlish pair there (in his mind I had 77 or something) and tells me he had QQ.I'm stuck around 1700 for the session. Acid of course is up about 6 brazillion. He calls it quits at about 130am, and asks if I want to catch a ride with him back to Rio to pick up my car. But table is looking good now and I'm stuck, so I decide to play a late session. I double within 10 mins of him leaving. I raise KK in CO to 40, monkey in bb reraises me to 90, I make it 350. He snap calls. Flop all low. He checks, I bet 500, he insta ships 400 more with no fold equity. I call. brick brick, he tells me 'A high' lol. (there was no draw on the flop to shove) I'm back to even on the night.I end up playing till 8am mostly 3 handed. I had one sick hand that I'm still upset about. We're 4 handed. I raise 85d utg, good player in bb calls with K5c. Flop 643, 2 hearts. He check calls. 7ball gin on the fricking turn. He checks, I bet again, he calls. So I'm pretty sure he knows I have to have the straight here, and is calling either with the 5 to bluff me on the river if a scare card comes, or a set or flush to snap me off. river is offsuit 4, and he insta leads the pot. I tank for a while and call and am good. But I'm SUPER tilted he took the line he did. If he just leads the turn, I get another pot sized bet when its all said and done, which is huge at that point. Grr....I have one hand 3 handed where a nitty kid raises the button to 50, and he has a chip/bet size tell where if he uses his green 25 chips to bet 50, he has a big hand, if he uses his 10 chips to bet 40, he has a meh hand. So he raises 2 green chips to 50, calling station calls, I repop JJ huge to 350. Kid agonizes and calls, with 600 behind. Flop T83. he checks, I bet 300, he ships, I call. 88 good sir. Grr. So I double him to 2K, and spend the next 3 hours getting it all back.Anyway, I book a $2700 win by 730 in the morning when one of the 3handed fish has to go to the airport, and the other guy is down to 200 lol.Mark

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :4h:D2 folds, Hero raises to $2, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: :5c:ts:club: ($4.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero calls.Turn: :D ($10.75, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $8, Hero folds.
FYP.Fold preflop is even better.

I don't know whats more frustrating being up about $200 sklansky bucks but down $200 actual dollars, or the apologies I've gotten from all the people who've sucked out on me.sigh

Sitting in the Vegas airport which must be the happiest place on one end and the most depressing on the other end.I had an absolute blast. Getting a glimpse of the Rio was awesome, and just being in Vegas made me really motivated to play and get better at poker.Cobalt, Ahson, Zach, thanks a ton for putting me up for a few days, if you guys didn't do this, I wouldn't have even made it out there so that was huge for me.Zach, please please please ship the LHE tourney. I didn't spend 4 hours railing you today for 63rd place! :)Everybody else, Adam, Jeff, Zach (cwik), Matt, Matt, Mark, Ray, Dustin, Seth, Josh (I remembered now), Jamie, Kurt, Bridgette, Looshle, JC, and everybody else I was able to meet, it was awesome to see all of you guys, GL for the remainder of your stay, and hopefully when I'm 21 I'll be able to stay for longer. I'm sure I'll be back and look forward to meeting up with you guys again.I had an absolutely awesome time in Vegas, I got one night of pit games and free booze. I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do due to my age, but I can't complain at all because I knew what I was getting into. I feel like I made the most of it and I couldn't have asked for a better time.Well, back to reality (which thankfully for me this summer isn't all that harsh.)Peace.

WP sir.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)UTG+1 ($3.60)Hero ($13.70)MP2 ($10.20)CO ($7.55)Button ($11.35)SB ($2.95)BB ($6.55)UTG ($9.90)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with kc.gif, ks.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 4 folds, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($0.75) 9c.gif, 7h.gif, 3d.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $0.6, BB raises to $6.2 (All-In), Hero calls $5.60.Turn: ($6.95) tc.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($6.95) jh.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $13.15Results in white below: BB has Kh Qd (straight, king high). Hero has Kc Ks (one pair, kings). Outcome: BB wins $6.95.

Then the biggest cooler I've been on the winning side of in a while....Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB ($9.90)BB ($25.25)UTG ($9.50)UTG+1 ($2.50)MP1 ($17.80)MP2 ($23.60)Hero ($19.10)CO ($2.50)Button ($9.20)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with kh.gif, ks.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, SB calls $0.40, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.35.Flop: ($1.45) jc.gif, 7s.gif, kd.gif(3 players)SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($1.45) 5s.gif(3 players)SB checks, MP1 bets $1.1, Hero raises to $4, SB folds, MP1 raises to $9.1, Hero raises to $22.65 (All-In), MP1 calls $9.35 (All-In).River: ($38.35) 8h.gif(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $38.35Results in white below: MP1 has 5d 5c (three of a kind, fives). Hero has Kh Ks (three of a kind, kings). Outcome: Hero wins $42.55.

Gobboboy has seen this thread acid knight! dun dun dun.........
How do you know? It get crossposted to 2p2? If so, link pls!Mark

So idk if I need to stop taking breaks or just play through not really feeling like playing or what, but it seems like everytime I'm playing and running/doing well and get up a couple of buyins and then take a break and come back and fire up another session I run like shit, etc. and lose back what I won +. Tonight: Got home from internship, played nice +2.5 BI 800 hands or so session. Feel like takin a short break, get some food and a gatorade, watch TV, decide to go back and play some more, 1K hands, -3BI.IDK.ISAP.

Yeah, the play is much better at 2/4 on PSPOKERSTARS GAME #17967770109: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($2/$4) - 2008/06/06 - 23:36:35 (ET)Table 'Oceana IV' 9-max Seat #8 is the buttonSeat 1: dankness3 ($498.60 in chips) Seat 2: Tnx4urMoney ($787 in chips) Seat 3: AmPHisbaenA ($400 in chips) Seat 4: iponnet ($439.90 in chips) Seat 5: gobears ($516.10 in chips) Seat 6: pianospike ($586.50 in chips) Seat 7: cdcd23 ($289.80 in chips) Seat 8: Body Man D ($299.55 in chips) Seat 9: SwissBaron ($388 in chips) SwissBaron: posts small blind $2dankness3: posts big blind $4*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to gobears [9h 5d]Tnx4urMoney: folds AmPHisbaenA: folds iponnet: folds gobears: folds pianospike: folds cdcd23: calls $4Body Man D: raises $16 to $20SwissBaron: calls $18dankness3: folds cdcd23: raises $269.80 to $289.80 and is all-inBody Man D: raises $9.75 to $299.55 and is all-inSwissBaron: calls $279.55*** FLOP *** [Tc Qd 3c]*** TURN *** [Tc Qd 3c] [4c]*** RIVER *** [Tc Qd 3c 4c] [Ac]*** SHOW DOWN ***SwissBaron: shows [Kc Qs] (a flush, Ace high)Body Man D: mucks hand SwissBaron collected $19.50 from side potcdcd23: mucks hand SwissBaron collected $870.40 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $892.90 Main pot $870.40. Side pot $19.50. | Rake $3 Board [Tc Qd 3c 4c Ac]Seat 1: dankness3 (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 2: Tnx4urMoney folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: AmPHisbaenA folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: iponnet folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: gobears folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: pianospike folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: cdcd23 mucked [9d 6s]Seat 8: Body Man D (button) mucked [8s 8h]Seat 9: SwissBaron (small blind) showed [Kc Qs] and won ($889.90) with a flush, Ace high

fun turnPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP ($436)Button ($1078.50)SB ($282)Hero ($446.25)UTG ($394)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9club.gif, Jspade.gif. 3 folds, SB raises to $12, Hero calls $8.Flop: ($24) 9spade.gif, Kheart.gif, Jheart.gif(2 players)SB bets $20, Hero calls $20.Turn: ($64) 9heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $44, Hero calls $44.River: ($152) 3heart.gif(2 players)SB bets $80, Hero raises to $216, SB calls $126 (All-In).Final Pot: $564Results in white below: SB has Qh Th (straight flush, king high). Hero has 9c Js (full house, nines full of jacks). Outcome: SB wins $564.