New Challenge (old Challenge)

Love the kinky slowplay here. Might be my favorite hand I've played in a while.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$42 playersConverterPre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with A :club: Q :DHero raises to $12, BB raises to $55, Hero raises to $155, BB calls.Flop: 3 :ts 7 :4h Q :D ($310, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: 3 :5c ($310, 2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: 3 :D ($310, 2 players)BB bets $85, Hero raises all-in $255, BB calls.Results:Final pot: $820Hero showed Ad QhBB mucks 5d 5s

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Thanks in advance for the help guys.A couple of my own observations first (that can either be confirmed or destroyed):- obv I cannot expect to win 71% of the time at showdown like I did at 400NL the first half of the month- I call too much on the river, and this can be witnessed all throughout these stats I think, especially in the second group of stats. I've known this for a while, and thought I got better, but I guess not- 600NL is way above my skill level, and I realized that while I was playing, but thought taking a shot to chase a donk or two was a good idea (nevermind the couple bad hands I posted earlier, the next day after that I got my money in bad twice, so I can only blame myself for that) --- no longer do I think this is a good idea fwiw, nevermind my results- these stats show I call pf too much, but when I am playing, I feel like when I do I am only doing it in position w/ hands that play well post flop or multi-way, but maybe this is just me telling myself what I want to hear and rationalizing itI was VERY careful table selecting the first half of the month since I had a smaller roll, and I'm not sure I was as careful once I had some success.Admittedly once I started doing better, I tried to play more 200NL+ as I got focused on making $$ (and this was a pressure I think I let seep into my mindset, and I know it affected my play) since I was overrolled for that level, even though I was concerned that I wasn't beating 100NL really (although I noticed I was willing to take more flips/play more marginal spots at 100NL, which I then chalked up to why I was initially break-even), but I figured I would play those levels anyways.statsel9.jpgSo the only real differences I see (which are pretty major) are Won$WSF and Won$atSD. But do the rest of my stats just suck?Please be brutally honest, I want to get better and can take it.

i think we need more stats than the ones you've provided to find any major leaks. what limits are u normally playing because the limits you have the most hands played, NL100, ur down 17 buyins. what is a common marginal spot/"flip" that you are faced with.edit:you should also post your position stats

i think we need more stats than the ones you've provided to find any major leaks. what limits are u normally playing because the limits you have the most hands played, NL100, ur down 17 buyins. what is a common marginal spot/"flip" that you are faced with.edit:you should also post your position stats
I had been playing mostly 50NL and 100NL, beating it for 1-2BB/100 on good months, nothing impressive at all. I have been studying/reading/watching CR videos a lot over the past few months and this month things seemed to just kinda click in my head (or at least I was under the impression they did). Then I started making $ in some of the higher limits, which padded my bankroll and gave me confidence, and there was a stretch that I just couldn't seem to lose, dunno if it was because I was playing well or just getting lucky, but I really thought I was playing well (the curse of winning sometimes).I really think that my BR getting so high (for me) caused me to change the way I played because I became concerned about losing, but I couldn't and still can't necessarily put a finger on how I did change.I guess marginal (and maybe marginal was an incorrect word) spots that I was speaking of was hands like AK/JJ/QQ that on a handful of occasions I would play for stacks PF at 100NL this month, where as in the past (or at a higher level - even if it might be more proper to do so at a higher level), I would rarely stack off with those. Also I think I gave less credit to short stacks at 100NL than I probably should have, and lost 30-40BB in spots I shouldn't have.Here are some more of my stats (also broken down between 6max and FR... for some reason I didn't think to do that last time... also I removed my hands at 3/6, as they accounted for <2% of the overall hands and the big $ losses skew the data imo):stats2ji6.jpgEwwwww.... another thing I just saw is that the first part of the month I was cbetting 66% of the time, and that dropped down to 56% for some reason.Fold to river bet was constant at 67%, although going through the last group of hands, I seemed to have more bad calls on the river.Again, if you have the time, please take a look at all this, I greatly appreciate it.Bob

Okay, you wanted honest. Why on Earth are you playing 2/4 and 3/6? I would say that is your biggest issue right there. Doesn't even matter if you are rolled for it. Just because you are rolled for a limit, does not mean you should be playing it. You certainly haven't played enough hands at the other limits to even consider playing those limits.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6712032603: Table Sword - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:50:46 ET - 2008/06/05Seat 1: yatasto ($2.20)Seat 2: facuthebest ($2.90)Seat 3: King1305 ($10)Seat 4: CornoloJoe ($3.60)Seat 5: highace212 ($16.30)Seat 6: humblestumbler ($10.95)Seat 7: yongpak ($2)Seat 8: NUCKING_FUTS_4 ($16.80)Seat 9: BleedsTooL ($4.05)yatasto posts the small blind of $0.05facuthebest posts the big blind of $0.105 seconds left to actyongpak is sitting outTime has expiredThe button is in seat #9*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to King1305 [Ad Ah]King1305 raises to $0.35CornoloJoe raises to $1highace212 foldshumblestumbler foldsyongpak has returnedNUCKING_FUTS_4 foldsBleedsTooL foldshighace212: wut is yongpakyatasto has 15 seconds left to actyatasto foldsfacuthebest foldsKing1305 has 15 seconds left to actCornoloJoe: calllCornoloJoe: les gambleKing1305 calls $0.65*** FLOP *** [5d 6c 8c]King1305 checksCornoloJoe bets $2.60, and is all inKing1305 calls $2.60CornoloJoe shows [Jh Kh]King1305 shows [Ad Ah]*** TURN *** [5d 6c 8c] [7h]*** RIVER *** [5d 6c 8c 7h] [2c]CornoloJoe shows King Jack highKing1305 shows a pair of AcesKing1305 wins the pot ($6.65) with a pair of AcesCornoloJoe is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $7.35 | Rake $0.70Board: [5d 6c 8c 7h 2c]Seat 1: yatasto (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 2: facuthebest (big blind) folded before the FlopSeat 3: King1305 showed [Ad Ah] and won ($6.65) with a pair of AcesSeat 4: CornoloJoe showed [Jh Kh] and lost with King Jack highSeat 5: highace212 didn't bet (folded)Seat 6: humblestumbler didn't bet (folded)Seat 7: yongpak is sitting outSeat 8: NUCKING_FUTS_4 didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: BleedsTooL (button) didn't bet (folded)Thanks for the bday present.

Okay, you wanted honest. Why on Earth are you playing 2/4 and 3/6? I would say that is your biggest issue right there. Doesn't even matter if you are rolled for it. Just because you are rolled for a limit, does not mean you should be playing it. You certainly haven't played enough hands at the other limits to even consider playing those limits.
But Phil Galfond never played below 5/10 nl. :club:

i say start winning money on ur button...and stop making moves, trying to get people off their hand. Just learn how to get max value given your hand vs their range. I'm not sure how you're losing so much money without showdown because I'm pretty sure people aren't 2 or 3 barrel bluffing much at nl100.

So I want to export my FTP notes from my desktop to my laptop. I know how to do this cause I e-mailed FTP support before when one day there were all missing (after an update), they said: For your reference, Full Tilt Poker's player notes feature is integrated into a file related to your player account. This file is named, [PlayerID].dat (In your case, the file would be named "cwik1.dat") and is written in a format intended to be read only by the game client. The file can be found in the main directory of your Full Tilt Poker installation. By default this location is C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker. I remember checking it before and it was in the folder specified. But, now it seems to have dissapeared as the file (cwik1.dat) is not in that folder, nor does the search function shed any light. However, my player notes on FTP are all there and working.So... wtf? Any one have a good answer to this? I am leaving tomorrow morning, so be nice if I could resolve this tonight.

Ship it!!!!!!!!!...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB ($5.35)BB ($6.65)Hero ($21.55)UTG+1 ($1.90)MP1 ($10.55)MP2 ($9.05)MP3 ($13.75)CO ($12.90)Button ($12.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with ad.gif, ac.gif. Hero raises to $0.35, 1 fold, MP1 raises to $1.2, 6 folds, Hero raises to $3.85, MP1 raises to $7, Hero calls $2.30.Flop: ($13.30) 5s.gif, as.gif, td.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $4.75 (All-In), Hero calls $4.75.Turn: ($0) 7s.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($0) 4s.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $22.80Results in white below: Hero has Ad Ac (three of a kind, aces). MP1 has Jh Js (flush, ace high). Outcome: MP1 wins $22.80. ...to that guy!!

This guy had been 3-betting literally EVERY hand I raised. Ship the 4BI pot!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($54.40)MP ($135.45)CO ($10.75)Button ($24.10)SB ($11.90)BB ($12.85)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6diamond.gif, 6heart.gif. Hero raises to $0.75, MP raises to $2.5, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.75.Flop: ($5.35) 6spade.gif, Theart.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero calls $3.Turn: ($11.35) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP checks.River: ($11.35) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $7.5, MP raises to $16.75, Hero raises to $48.9, MP calls $32.15.Final Pot: $109.15Results in white below: Hero has 6d 6h (full house, sixes full of tens). MP doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $109.15.

This guy had been 3-betting literally EVERY hand I raised. Ship the 4BI pot!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($54.40)MP ($135.45)CO ($10.75)Button ($24.10)SB ($11.90)BB ($12.85)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6diamond.gif, 6heart.gif. Hero raises to $0.75, MP raises to $2.5, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.75.Flop: ($5.35) 6spade.gif, Theart.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero calls $3.Turn: ($11.35) Tclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP checks.River: ($11.35) Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $7.5, MP raises to $16.75, Hero raises to $48.9, MP calls $32.15.Final Pot: $109.15Results in white below: Hero has 6d 6h (full house, sixes full of tens). MP doesn't show. Outcome: Hero wins $109.15. He had KQ!

Hey guys, just wanted to say good bye and wish you all a good month without me. I'll miss ya, but I really am glad to be leaving and I don't want to think about poker really for at least a month.Anyways, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.I'll be sure to post as soon as I return (relatively) and have lots of pics.Later.- Jordan

0 for 2 flopping sets vs villains AA today.JJ < AA on AJx flop33 < AA on 3xx board due to runner runner flush. Worst part is I knew villain had AA and he'd get it all in with me. I bet, he raised, I 3-bet shoved he insta-calls and 12% gets there.

Hey guys, just wanted to say good bye and wish you all a good month without me. I'll miss ya, but I really am glad to be leaving and I don't want to think about poker really for at least a month.Anyways, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.I'll be sure to post as soon as I return (relatively) and have lots of pics.Later.- Jordan
Have a great, safe trip Jordan. Enjoy it as much as you possibly can. Look forward to you coming back.
GL sir. Stay safe.
So I want to export my FTP notes from my desktop to my laptop. I know how to do this cause I e-mailed FTP support before when one day there were all missing (after an update), they said: For your reference, Full Tilt Poker's player notes feature is integrated into a file related to your player account. This file is named, [PlayerID].dat (In your case, the file would be named "cwik1.dat") and is written in a format intended to be read only by the game client. The file can be found in the main directory of your Full Tilt Poker installation. By default this location is C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker. I remember checking it before and it was in the folder specified. But, now it seems to have dissapeared as the file (cwik1.dat) is not in that folder, nor does the search function shed any light. However, my player notes on FTP are all there and working.So... wtf? Any one have a good answer to this? I am leaving tomorrow morning, so be nice if I could resolve this tonight.
It should be in there. I see mine.
Bye, have a great time.
Have an awesome time, enjoy your time away from poker (not us obv) and come back safe (x2 right?)
FWIW, I think it is lower the 9:1 :club: .gl though dude. And have LOTS of fun.