• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

And it's very satisfying when you start to see good results from your hard work.
Or just find more idiots then usual :club:evjune3aftnoonak1.jpgAnd the kiss of death, month to date:evjune3aftmtdfr0.jpg
And it's very satisfying when you start to see good results from your hard work.
Its really hard I think with poker sometimes, because it can really take a long time of trying and trying before one day things finally click into place. The Lobster is a guy I know personally who is a low stakes player. He's been grinding and grinding for a while, building his roll up, and losing it, building it back, and losing it. Not really making any headway. But I play with him a lot and I think he's a very solid player, and I kept telling him, one day things are going to take off for you, you just have to be patient and keep working and learning. And all of a sudden the last couple of months he's just gone bonkers and had some really breakthrough months.Obv 2 months doesn't a career make, but he just plays on the side, and I think its indicative of how poker works. The learning curve is really really steep nowadays.Mark
Its really hard I think with poker sometimes, because it can really take a long time of trying and trying before one day things finally click into place. The Lobster is a guy I know personally who is a low stakes player. He's been grinding and grinding for a while, building his roll up, and losing it, building it back, and losing it. Not really making any headway. But I play with him a lot and I think he's a very solid player, and I kept telling him, one day things are going to take off for you, you just have to be patient and keep working and learning. And all of a sudden the last couple of months he's just gone bonkers and had some really breakthrough months.Obv 2 months doesn't a career make, but he just plays on the side, and I think its indicative of how poker works. The learning curve is really really steep nowadays.Mark
It is obviously harder to break into the game, becuase the field is tougher. But there are so many tools now, catching up seems easier now, no?I suppose experence and hands played is the most important thing to learning poker, and your first 100,000+ of poker a gonna be a rougher ride then before.
I suppose experence and hands played is the most important thing to learning poker, and your first 100,000+ of poker a gonna be a rougher ride then before.
Thats what I meant. The first 6 months going from 0 to decent is a rough time for most people now, even with all the good info out there.Mark
I agree it's spewy, def. felt that way. I should have just flat called the turn and reassesed the river.
I played a donk-tournament on Sunday and this almost exactly happened to me. Only diff was I raised preflop in LP with A7s instead of A8 and got one caller in the BB. Flop was A-6-3 rainbow, I bet, villain raised and I shoved. He called and flipped AQ. Did it feel spewy even before he called and felted me? Yes, yes it did.
That's one of the worst turn cards in the deck. A bunch of hands he would have been semi bluffing the flop with are now ahead of us and we're still behind like every J. We're basically only still ahead of QT and a random bluff so I really really don't like a turn bet. And shoving the river? How does he like never have a Q here. If you wanted to bet the turn, it would be pretty much to protect against QT (we aren't trying to protect against his air + diamond because he'd likely just barrel that himself), and now QT beats us. I don't know if he folds a jack because it wouldn't make much sense from my line and we just own ourselves the times he has the Q.
I don't think he's checking the turn with many hands that beat us. I don't know what he checks the turn with. If he had a flush draw I think he's betting there. When he checks the turn I think we usually have the best hand, but he often has a few outs it is worth protecting against. As I said, I'm tempted to bet but I probably check behind most of the time.By the river, the only hand that beats us is exactly QT, which for some reason checked the turn and bet small on the river. I don't think it's a large part of his range at all. He could have a jack (which we split with), he could have a flush or a straight.I think he calls our shove with a worse hand more often than he calls our shove with QT. After all, why would we shove the river with a jack?
Meh, I would often just repop the flop to $200, but flat calling is ok. I feel the exact opposite, flat calling is the only logical play because the only hand we get value from by effectively shipping the flop is q10dd which were flipping with anyway basically.I'm tempted to bet the turn. IDK, I'd hate to have another diamond hit and lose to some random flop bluff hand. Turn is worst card in the deck for our hand....I probably shove the river. I don't see him having a queen here ever. You're basically value bluffing (he may fold a jack, he may call with a flush), but there's almost no downside to it.I dont think he ever calls with a flush, and if he elected to raise q10 or some other qx draw(flush draw) he got there..there is little to no value in a raise imo
I think a ton of his flop checkraising range are draws. Standard is to flat, but I just think we could get him shoving a draw thinking we are full of it. I'm not sure if reraising or flatting is better if he has a draw. I think reraising is, but I'm not sure. Wouldn't mind getting more opinions on this. Obviously in immediate terms reraising is better because by flat calling we allow him to outdraw us for no further cost, but if we factor in potential money going in on the turn/river then it might be better to call. IDK, I'd have to think about it some more.Yes the turn is terrible, but I think that when he checks we have the best hand. But, I said I was tempted, not that I would bet. I'd likely think about it for a while and then check.The Q-X flush draw is impossible because the Qd hit the board. Therefore the only hand we lose to is specifically QT, which I think makes up a very small part of his range. I just don't buy that the $125 river bet is a better hand than us.I think he calls our shove with a worse hand more often than he calls with a better one. It's probably pretty thin, but I think there's value there.
I don't think he's checking the turn with many hands that beat us. I don't know what he checks the turn with. If he had a flush draw I think he's betting there. When he checks the turn I think we usually have the best hand, but he often has a few outs it is worth protecting against. As I said, I'm tempted to bet but I probably check behind most of the time.By the river, the only hand that beats us is exactly QT, which for some reason checked the turn and bet small on the river. I don't think it's a large part of his range at all. He could have a jack (which we split with), he could have a flush or a straight.I think he calls our shove with a worse hand more often than he calls our shove with QT. After all, why would we shove the river with a jack?I think a ton of his flop checkraising range are draws. Standard is to flat, but I just think we could get him shoving a draw thinking we are full of it. I'm not sure if reraising or flatting is better if he has a draw. I think reraising is, but I'm not sure. Wouldn't mind getting more opinions on this. Obviously in immediate terms reraising is better because by flat calling we allow him to outdraw us for no further cost, but if we factor in potential money going in on the turn/river then it might be better to call. IDK, I'd have to think about it some more.Yes the turn is terrible, but I think that when he checks we have the best hand. But, I said I was tempted, not that I would bet. I'd likely think about it for a while and then check.The Q-X flush draw is impossible because the Qd hit the board. Therefore the only hand we lose to is specifically QT, which I think makes up a very small part of his range. I just don't buy that the $125 river bet is a better hand than us.I think he calls our shove with a worse hand more often than he calls with a better one. It's probably pretty thin, but I think there's value there.
And QJ.He needs to be very good to make a river shove profitable. He needs to be able to hand read, which a lot of people aren't capable of. I do like your thinking but I feel like it's two levels above villain.
And QJ.
Hmm. I missed that one, although with just one J and two Qs left in the deck, plus the fact that it would have to be QJo rather than QJs, it's pretty damn unlikely. Even more so given that he would usually bet the turn with that hand.
He needs to be very good to make a river shove profitable. He needs to be able to hand read, which a lot of people aren't capable of. I do like your thinking but I feel like it's two levels above villain.
He needs to either be able to hand read and see that our river shove is odd, or he needs to just be incapable of folding. Which many players are.I just do not see that his line is a better hand. The river bet seems very weak, and I think it's a lot more likely to be a block bet with a flush/straight than it is a weak value bet with a queen.I do get your point though. One problem in my game is definitely overthinking things at times, and as a result developing what comes off as FPS.
I'm not saying this to be insulting at all - just to help you out. In the grand scheme of things, you are not very good at poker. You really can't expect to be a winner at 2/4 or higher. You probably can't even expect to be a winner at .10/.25. Also, 2k is nothing. To put things in perspective, I recently lost 8.3k in a 1.5 week span playing mainly 2/4, some 3/6, and I probably am a much more experienced player than you are. What you lost is like 3-5 buyins. My advice is to drop down to .10/.25 or .25/.50, and actually absorb what people are saying. The A8 hand you posted shows a bit of your inexperience and if you really want to get good at poker, you will need to put in the time. If poker is a casual thing for you and/or you are unwilling to drop down and learn, then you are going to have to accept the fact that you WILL be a losing player at 3/6. At 2/4. At 1/2. At .50/1. Probably at .25/.50. Take from this what you will, but everyone has to start somewhere and work their way up.In conclusion, midstakes is tough. You are not nearly ready (maybe in 1-2 years time).
I'm not insulted at all. I appreciate your input. 1 to 2 years, that long? Is that normal?

Just want to post this hand so maybe my head will stop exploding.$0.5/$1 No Limit Holdem10 playersConverted at weaktight.comStacks:UTG ($55.27)Hero ($100.00)UTG+2 ($103.50)MP1 ($97.40)MP2 ($97.53)MP3 ($165.91)CO ($137.88)BTN ($107.63)SB ($44.38)BB ($61.16)Pre-flop: ($1.50, 10 players) Hero is UTG+1 :4h:club: UTG calls $1, Hero raises to $6, 8 folds, UTG calls $5Flop: :D:3h:D ($13.50, 2 players)UTG goes all-in $49.27, Hero calls $49.27Turn: :D ($112.04, 2 players)River: :qh ($112.04, 2 players)Final Pot: $112.04UTG shows: :qh:D Hero shows: :5c:ts UTG wins $109.04 ( won +$53.77 ) Hero lost -$55.27990 games 0.047 secs 21,063 games/secBoard: Td 4c 4hDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 92.727% 92.73% 00.00% 918 0.00 { AdAh }Hand 1: 07.273% 07.27% 00.00% 72 0.00 { 8h6h }sigh....this guy was the worst player ever.

I'm not insulted at all. I appreciate your input. 1 to 2 years, that long? Is that normal?
I've been told 8-9 years about my game, so take that for what its worth.
Just want to post this hand so maybe my head will stop exploding.
That was really really gross.Mark

candman21 (Observer): HEY A___theKEVLARcandman21 (Observer): can i get 26 for a ko tourny ill send yah 50/50A__theKevlar__2: surecandman21 (Observer): wow really :)candman21 (Observer): your so great :DDDDcandman21 (Observer): are you gonna watch me :club:?A__theKevlar__2: no homocandman21 (Observer): oh whatA__theKevlar__2: you just lost yourself the money for making gay commentscandman21 (Observer): wowcandman21 (Observer): later brocandman21 (Observer): can i get a second chancecandman21 (Observer): i wont make gay commentscandman21 (Observer): yuh dig kevlar?A__theKevlar__2: send me nude pics of your momA__theKevlar__2: and i'll consider itcandman21 (Observer): kevlar please dont bring up mymomcandman21 (Observer): you stupid trailor trash b.itchcandman21 (Observer): your so worthless you redneck !!&%&$&A__theKevlar__2: im gonna go roll around in my bed full of $ now peace

candman21 (Observer): HEY A___theKEVLARcandman21 (Observer): can i get 26 for a ko tourny ill send yah 50/50A__theKevlar__2: surecandman21 (Observer): wow really :)candman21 (Observer): your so great :DDDDcandman21 (Observer): are you gonna watch me :club:?A__theKevlar__2: no homocandman21 (Observer): oh whatA__theKevlar__2: you just lost yourself the money for making gay commentscandman21 (Observer): wowcandman21 (Observer): later brocandman21 (Observer): can i get a second chancecandman21 (Observer): i wont make gay commentscandman21 (Observer): yuh dig kevlar?A__theKevlar__2: send me nude pics of your momA__theKevlar__2: and i'll consider itcandman21 (Observer): kevlar please dont bring up mymomcandman21 (Observer): you stupid trailor trash b.itchcandman21 (Observer): your so worthless you redneck !!&%&$&A__theKevlar__2: im gonna go roll around in my bed full of $ now peace
That was funny.

Leaving for Vegas in 8 hours. I'll be staying at the house with Cobalt and Zach, if you want PM me and I'll send you my Cell #.Again, anybody with golf clubs that wants to play Wednesday-Saturday just get in touch with me and we'll go play sometime.

Do you know this person? Report IM SpamErikRyland08 (8:12:20 PM): CARDRUNNERS PLEASEkinger (8:12:35 PM): ?ErikRyland08 (8:12:45 PM): please I want 2 watch HU vids kinger (8:12:49 PM): huh?ErikRyland08 (8:12:55 PM): i want cardrunnersErikRyland08 (8:13:00 PM): to watch videos right nowErikRyland08 (8:13:02 PM): plzzzzzzzzzzzzErikRyland08 (8:13:12 PM): plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give me a passwordkinger (8:13:16 PM): dogSo he leaves me alone for a while and then randomly again......ErikRyland08 (10:25:04 PM): **** uErikRyland08 (10:25:10 PM): I ****ing hate ukinger (10:25:16 PM): thanksErikRyland08 (10:25:19 PM): howd it feel to get deleted from my facebookErikRyland08 (10:25:23 PM): yeah that just happenedErikRyland08 (10:25:25 PM): YEAHkinger (10:25:26 PM): lolkinger (10:25:27 PM): awesomekinger (10:25:29 PM): sweetErikRyland08 (10:25:30 PM): YESkinger (10:25:31 PM): amazingErikRyland08 (10:25:33 PM): SUCCESS ErikRyland08 went mobile at 10:25:50 PM.IMs will be sent to your buddy's mobile device as text messages. Learn more about Mobile IM.