New Challenge (old Challenge)

I have question I've been wondering about for awhile. I used to be a server at a restaurant so I always like to tip fairly generously. However, I am wondering about standard procedure when I call in orders and pick up food. Do I need to tip here at all? Is the a standard percentage?
I think you should tip but usually just a few bucks unless it is a really big order. It's usually the bartender that puts the order together, makes sure it is all there, makes sure you have condiments, etc. So, they are doing some work for you and you should tip accordingly.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

wow. just wow. took the reg section of the CPA exam. i think i did pretty well until the last simulation that was just way out of the scope of what should be asked. gahhhh

Im drunkI'll take anyone on in a $2 Sng. Either NLH or PLO - If tyou win pay me $1 if you win I pay you $3 - thjats 3:1 bitches. Yeh im like durrrPS i dont know how to play PLO

Im drunkI'll take anyone on in a $2 Sng. Either NLH or PLO - If tyou win pay me $1 if you win I pay you $3 - thjats 3:1 bitches. Yeh im like durrrPS i dont know how to play PLO
dammit, if u lose - $1lft
I think you should tip but usually just a few bucks unless it is a really big order. It's usually the bartender that puts the order together, makes sure it is all there, makes sure you have condiments, etc. So, they are doing some work for you and you should tip accordingly.
I like to look at it from this perspective.When in a restaurant, and I'm not talking about a place thats super upscale/super nice...im talking like, Red Robin, Applebees, and other national food chains..you dont tip the cooks do you? At least not directly, youre tip..in your mind is directly related to the service of the server. That being said, why should you tip what are effectively the cooks at the takeout place.
I like to look at it from this perspective.When in a restaurant, and I'm not talking about a place thats super upscale/super nice...im talking like, Red Robin, Applebees, and other national food chains..you dont tip the cooks do you? At least not directly, youre tip..in your mind is directly related to the service of the server. That being said, why should you tip what are effectively the cooks at the takeout place.
because usually the bartender is going to tip the house/kitchen/hostess, etc, based on his till count, and if he's ringing up your takeout, then he has to tip out on it.tipping is ridic, i agree that takeout shouldn't req a tip, most things shouldn't, but a lot of people will get screwed if you don't tip, which sucks. change the system imo.
ship the PLO world championship to this guyThanks durrrr
Pretty sure Cwik isn't talking about fast food. I think he is talking about if you call in a to go order at CPK for example. You go up the bar to get your order, the bartender takes time away from their regular "job" to complete your order.
Pretty sure Cwik isn't talking about fast food. I think he is talking about if you call in a to go order at CPK for example. You go up the bar to get your order, the bartender takes time away from their regular "job" to complete your order.
im not talking about fast food eithertalking about likepickup chinese, pickup anything really
The bartender is your server. He works on tips. Tip him.

[15:17] Pmjackson21: so how come you never post on fcp anymore?[15:17] Chucksty: funny u should ask[15:17] Chucksty: i just got a new password today[15:17] Chucksty: i was locked out forwwhile[15:18] Chucksty: and i never post anywhere[15:18] Pmjackson21: ha nice....your 'challenge' thread is huggggggggge[15:18] Chucksty: but i'm gonna change all that soon[15:18] Pmjackson21: i guess its really good too but i dont play cash games[15:18] Chucksty: im gonna make a comeback[15:18] Pmjackson21: you should[15:18] Chucksty: i am... i am practing posting in mstext[15:18] Pmjackson21: lol[15:18] Chucksty: but soon i'm gonna play for real money[15:18] Pmjackson21: loooooooooool[15:19] Chucksty: i just rail really right now

[15:17] Pmjackson21: so how come you never post on fcp anymore?[15:17] Chucksty: funny u should ask[15:17] Chucksty: i just got a new password today[15:17] Chucksty: i was locked out forwwhile[15:18] Chucksty: and i never post anywhere[15:18] Pmjackson21: ha nice....your 'challenge' thread is huggggggggge[15:18] Chucksty: but i'm gonna change all that soon[15:18] Pmjackson21: i guess its really good too but i dont play cash games[15:18] Chucksty: im gonna make a comeback[15:18] Pmjackson21: you should[15:18] Chucksty: i am... i am practing posting in mstext[15:18] Pmjackson21: lol[15:18] Chucksty: but soon i'm gonna play for real money[15:18] Pmjackson21: loooooooooool[15:19] xxxxxxx: i just rail really right now
did you miss one?
I have question I've been wondering about for awhile. I used to be a server at a restaurant so I always like to tip fairly generously. However, I am wondering about standard procedure when I call in orders and pick up food. Do I need to tip here at all? Is the a standard percentage?
I usually just tip $2 + change to make it an even number. In Vegas last year we had a pretty big order for the Cheesecake Factory and it took 2 girls to bring it out so I tipped them like $5 or $6 and I have never seen 2 servers so happy. My guess was that most people didn't tip at all there so they were caught way off guard when it was more than $1...lol. But yeah, if I'm too lazy to get out of my car to go in and get the food, then the server definitely deserves a tip.

thoughts on tipping with poor service when you are only paying part of the bill? i went to dinner the other night and our server never refilled our drinks etc. i'm not a tipping nit at all, but if the service isn't there i don't feel obligated to leave much of a tip, but don't want my friends to have to pick it up instead....