New Challenge (old Challenge)

also, if i had to pick one sentence
This is more of a player dependent assertion, which can often be very true, but I wouldn't make it a blanket statement (obvious this can be said for most of HU, but this specifically requires a read). Again, I wasn't in any way criticizing Jordan's post, I think what he had to say was very good and insight full. I was mostly just poking fun at him.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

This is more of a player dependent assertion, which can often be very true, but I wouldn't make it a blanket statement (obvious this can be said for most of HU, but this specifically requires a read). Again, I wasn't in any way criticizing Jordan's post, I think what he had to say was very good and insight full. I was mostly just poking fun at him.
yeah, and i at you.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($10)SB ($10.80)Hero (BB) ($10.95)UTG ($11.25)MP ($9.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D, :club:UTG raises to $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.90, 1 fold, MP calls $1.50Flop: ($4.25) :5c, :ts, :D(2 players)Hero bets $3.20, MP calls $3.20Turn: ($10.65) :4h(2 players)Hero bets $5.85 (All-In), MP calls $4.65 (All-In)River: ($19.95) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $19.95 | Rake: $1I've been running pretty bad lately .. this one made me die a little insidevillain showed T7 for the classy call the 3bet, flop a gutshot on a paired board, go with it for half your stack and bink it ... sigh

same ****ing donkey!Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comMP ($1.50)Hero (CO) ($10.50)Button ($10.45)SB ($10.65)BB ($32.10)Preflop: Hero is CO with :5c, :4dMP calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checksFlop: ($0.35) :ts, :club:, :D(3 players)BB bets $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30Turn: ($0.95) :D(2 players)BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $3.65, BB calls $2.75River: ($8.25) :4h(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $8.25 | Rake: $0.80Villain showed A7 for the boat obv

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($10)SB ($10.80)Hero (BB) ($10.95)UTG ($11.25)MP ($9.75)Preflop: Hero is BB with :D, :club:UTG raises to $0.40, MP calls $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.90, 1 fold, MP calls $1.50Flop: ($4.25) :5c, :ts, :D(2 players)Hero bets $3.20, MP calls $3.20Turn: ($10.65) :4h(2 players)Hero bets $5.85 (All-In), MP calls $4.65 (All-In)River: ($19.95) :D(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $19.95 | Rake: $1I've been running pretty bad lately .. this one made me die a little insidevillain showed T7 for the classy call the 3bet, flop a gutshot on a paired board, go with it for half your stack and bink it ... sigh
Why in the world are you shoving? What calls you that you beat?

Those first two hands were just hands that showed the calibre of players that I can't even beat right now! ...Looking for some advice on this hand:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($12.55)BB ($12.80)UTG ($1.95)MP ($12.30)Hero (CO) ($10.25)Button ($16.95)Preflop: Hero is CO with :club:, :ts2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $5.20, SB raises to $12.55 (All-In), 1 fold Hero ??? I probably should have raised less against the squeezer, but it did come as quite a surprise that SB shipped it on me ...My stats are: 25 VPIP19 PFR32 Attempt to Steal6.2 3betMy reason for 4-betting JJ here is that BB's stats are (over 317 hands):21 VPIP19 PFR31 Attempt to Steal10.7 3betSB is the following (but only over 36 hands):26 VPIP9 PFR10 Attempt to Steal0 3-betI kinda pot stuck myself here by raising too much, so I guess 4bet to like $3, and then fold to the shove... as played .. can I find the fold button here?

same ****ing donkey!Preflop: Hero is CO with :D , :ts MP calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks
Since you know not to limp in, I'm assuming this is tilt-enduced?
Those first two hands were just hands that showed the calibre of players that I can't even beat right now! ...Looking for some advice on this hand:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($12.55)BB ($12.80)UTG ($1.95)MP ($12.30)Hero (CO) ($10.25)Button ($16.95)Preflop: Hero is CO with :club: , :D2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, SB calls $0.35, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $5.20, SB raises to $12.55 (All-In), 1 fold Hero ??? I probably should have raised less against the squeezer, but it did come as quite a surprise that SB shipped it on me ...My stats are: 25 VPIP19 PFR32 Attempt to Steal6.2 3betMy reason for 4-betting JJ here is that BB's stats are (over 317 hands):21 VPIP19 PFR31 Attempt to Steal10.7 3betSB is the following (but only over 36 hands):26 VPIP9 PFR10 Attempt to Steal0 3-betI kinda pot stuck myself here by raising too much, so I guess 4bet to like $3, and then fold to the shove... as played .. can I find the fold button here?
BB in the JJ hand seems like a very competent player (esp. for $10). I'd highly recommend getting out of his way.Oh, and you have to fold JJ there. If the SB wasn't in the hand then we could consider calling, but at this rate you're drawing to a set.Not a personal fan of the large 4-bet with 2 players behind you, also. I mean, you're put in half your stack when there exists a decent chance you're going to get 5-bet shoved on. You could 4-bet smaller, but I'd probably flat there.
G00t post- Jordan
Interesting post mate - at present I am flatting baby pairs 22>66 for the mostpart as i'd feel uncomfy if I get 4bet and like you say they're hard to play OOP... tbh ppl that aggro who'd 4bet as a bluff are fairly few and far between at 50NL, but then again, alot of donks wont be opening 70% of buttons either at this level.For the mostpart i'm only 3betting hands as a bluff, or something that's more likely to flop well, or with solid hands that i'd likely go arrr iinn with - obviously depending on the villain, so it looks like i've got something else to work on, cheers :club:
Jordan, if you are 3-betting aces a lot, what do you do with a QJ suited OOP? or a KJ?
see, like cwiks, and other posts re: my post, are what make posting what I did difficult. a ton more goes into it...first off, i know cwik just kinda messing with me, but as a general, i'd never consider 3betting Ax a 'bluff' it's always for value, ie...your A hi is going to be ahead more often than not, of the initial button range...just as are your small pairs, but that doesn't mean you should always 3bet them, nor is that the ONLY reason TO 3bet.QJs and KJs/o are hands that I flat sometimes, 3bet other times. Like, I'm more apt to 3bet those hands for value if I'm getting called often when I 3bet by what I perceive to be worse. IE, if I 3bet KJs, he's going to sometimes defend KT, K9s, 9Ts+, and of course the rando total float with a hand like a T7 or 74 and chit like that. If a guy is never calling my 3bets, I'll be more apt to flat and try and flop a hand and get some more bets outta him that way. Should also mention that the more you flat, IMO, the more important fighting for smaller pots become. Like c/r your overcards to a habitual cbettor, etc etc.AT+ and stuff apply here too. If a guy is never calling my 3bets, I'll flat these hands on occasion to his initial button raise, and look to cr good flops, not to mention actually flop an ace with a very disguised/strong kicker.And giggidy, I know play is diff at 50nl, but flatting your small pairs > (more often than) 3betting them is just going to cost you money.- Jordan
Also on AP u can buy in for 200BB should i be buying in full or just 100BB? or does it all depend on the other players stack and stats?
I buy in for 200bb these days. That way you have donks covered who have more than 100bb and it makes it easier to top off. Someday AP might be cool enough to add an auto top off. A big blizzard canceled work today which means I'll be able to put in volume. I'm thinking 2k hands minimum. Time to enter grindmode.
Since you know not to limp in, I'm assuming this is tilt-enduced? BB in the JJ hand seems like a very competent player (esp. for $10). I'd highly recommend getting out of his way.Oh, and you have to fold JJ there. If the SB wasn't in the hand then we could consider calling, but at this rate you're drawing to a set.Not a personal fan of the large 4-bet with 2 players behind you, also. I mean, you're put in half your stack when there exists a decent chance you're going to get 5-bet shoved on. You could 4-bet smaller, but I'd probably flat there.
FWIW I'll limp in hands behind fish. I don't think it's necessarily a mistake. I'd rather raise hands that are going to hit top pair and have a fish dominated and limp in with a hand like 74s in position.As for the JJ hand, there's no way you can fold. That 4bet sizing is absolutely terrible and you commit your stack. If you 4bet to that size and then fold, you are pretty much lighting money on fire. I don't hate a flat call in position, but I don't hate a 4bet/call either if he's aggressive enough. Your hand doesn't need to be a set miner. Just play well postflop in position.
I buy in for 200bb these days. That way you have donks covered who have more than 100bb and it makes it easier to top off. Someday AP might be cool enough to add an auto top off. A big blizzard canceled work today which means I'll be able to put in volume. I'm thinking 2k hands minimum. Time to enter grindmode.
this is weak compared to most storms we get. whos going to pick all the eggs?????

So 450 hands. 29 pocket pairs, 14 flops, 0 sets.But this kinda made up for it:Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em - 4 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterSB: $478.55BB: $404.25CO: $400.00Hero (BTN): $309.75Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with 5 :D 5 :club:CO raises to $7, Hero raises to $24, SB calls $23, 1 fold, CO calls $17Flop: ($74.00) 5 :D Q :3h 5 :qh(3 players)SB bets $50, CO folds, Hero calls $50Turn: ($174.00) 6 :4h(2 players)SB bets $106, Hero calls $106River: ($386.00) 4 :D(2 players)SB bets $298.55 all in, Hero calls $129.75 all inFinal Pot: $645.50SB shows Q :ts J :qh (two pair, Queens and Fives)Hero shows 5 :5c 5 :D (four of a kind, Fives)Hero wins $643.50(Rake: $2.00)[ ] flopped a set[x] got to post a hand that's not a beat[x] has a new buddy

Would be interesting if I can figure out how to filter my results for calling in BB w/ 22-77. I very rarely 3bet small pairs OOP but I'm profiting with all of them. I think in general I probably 3bet much less than Jordan but I think if I played more full stack opponents it would be much closer.

this is weak compared to most storms we get. whos going to pick all the eggs?????
A few people showed up. I went to work from 7:30-10:15 and when they closed highway 10 I figured I better get home.