New Challenge (old Challenge)

Now the obvious answer is to bet closer to pot on the flop so we can shove turn, but I'm sure we've all found ourselves in a place like this before. Check/Shove? Overshove? Bet 1/2 pot?
Yeah you seriously need to size that flop bet just a little bit bigger so you can shove the turn. A guy with these stats almost always has JJ-KK here. If you think he'll flat the 3-bet w/KK. I'm not sure he shows up with any sets other than TT even and he should be/likely will raise that on the flop. The only way he has a flush is AdKd. Given that I think I'm in a neverfold situation so I'd go with bet small on the turn shove any non-d river. If he's the type who'll spazz shove then bet $2. Otherwise $3 or so is fine.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

So, just saw this on 2+2 regarding my propbet."I've played so much past 3 days I dont want to play anymore, I think easycall/primo/rumnchess might win bet im thinking about giving up."Yay. As far as I know he has just under 9k hands. I'm easycall on 2+2 btw, in case that was confusing.Gonna try and put in a good amount of hands today and get caught up on the month.- Jordan

So, just saw this on 2+2 regarding my propbet."I've played so much past 3 days I dont want to play anymore, I think easycall/primo/rumnchess might win bet im thinking about giving up."Yay. As far as I know he has just under 9k hands. I'm easycall on 2+2 btw, in case that was confusing.Gonna try and put in a good amount of hands today and get caught up on the month.- Jordan
what was the bet?

What could this guy be thinking?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($75.30)MP1 ($50)MP2 ($48.20)Hero (MP3) ($238.35)CO ($100)Button ($51.45)SB ($50.25)BB ($48.75)UTG ($99.25)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6spade.gif, 6club.gif3 folds, MP2 raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 4 foldsFlop: ($3.75) 6heart.gif, 2diamond.gif, Qheart.gif(2 players)MP2 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $3, MP2 raises to $46.70 (All-In), Hero calls $43.70Turn: ($97.15) 8club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($97.15) 10heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $97.15 | Rake: $3He had TT obv.

As soon as I saw him write "I'm so lazy I don't feel like playing any hands today" yesterday I knew it would be over.
fwiw. I usually go with First Lupe CD. I also go with any Kanye when I need to run goot. I hope somehting like that will help
I haven't listened to much Kanye aside from the stuff on the radio. I started with "Late Registration" since it seemed vaguely poker related but it pretty much blows. The newer one is good though.And I like the Lupe one but I can't get over a guy rapping about skateboarding. It just seems wrong somehow.
No love for Miley?
Sorry I'm not a fan. I think I'm just going back to TI. That's some good stuff right there.
I haven't listened to much Kanye aside from the stuff on the radio. I started with "Late Registration" since it seemed vaguely poker related but it pretty much blows. The newer one is good though.And I like the Lupe one but I can't get over a guy rapping about skateboarding. It just seems wrong somehow.
Lol Kanye singing all his songs for the next album. PS Lupe is the ish.
I think I'm just going back to TI. That's some good stuff right there.
QFT.But for a change of pace, I rock out to the Silversun Pickups to run goot as well. If you haven't heard their cd, I feel you are missing out my friend.

After losing two times in a row on the same table to a two-outer I got to deliver this, he had aaFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($97.40)BB ($50)UTG ($99)Hero (UTG+1) ($178.30)MP1 ($49.50)MP2 ($51.45)MP3 ($55.35)CO ($24.35)Button ($166)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Adiamond.gif, Aspade.gifUTG calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, MP2 raises to $7.25, 6 folds, Hero raises to $20, MP2 raises to $51.45 (All-In), Hero calls $31.45Flop: ($104.15) 8diamond.gif, 10club.gif, 4diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($104.15) 3diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($104.15) 2diamond.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $104.15 | Rake: $3

I haven't listened to much Kanye aside from the stuff on the radio. I started with "Late Registration" since it seemed vaguely poker related but it pretty much blows. The newer one is good though.And I like the Lupe one but I can't get over a guy rapping about skateboarding. It just seems wrong somehow.Sorry I'm not a fan. I think I'm just going back to TI. That's some good stuff right there.
Lupe>Kanye>TI That's just the way it is. (TI- I have to say the latest TI is better than anything I have heard previously.) (Kanye- it's best to have all 3 of them, and pick out the songs you like, I think all 3 albums have some good stuff. When Late Reg came out, it was my fav, but now looking back on all 3, I think the first one is probably the best.)(Lupe- I usually skip the Kick/Push songs too, but most of the rest are pretty damn good.)
Was the most ridiculously easy bet to take from your side anyway Jordan. There's almost no way that you can get that done.

BTW, lol at the guy over at 4 who has a propbet to get to massively table 200NL to make Supernova Elite by the end of the year and started two weeks ago with like 400k VPPs.I guess with all the incentives etc he will receive from making SNE it will cover his losses even if he loses the bet (he needs to make SNE by Dec. 31st and show a profit) as long as he loses less than 300 BIs as well.Well, he's on pace for a few things...badstartfw3.png

Was the most ridiculously easy bet to take from your side anyway Jordan. There's almost no way that you can get that done.
Wish i'd known about this beforehand, would've taken it up. Easiest way to double my roll with no dramas
BTW, lol at the guy over at 4 who has a propbet to get to massively table 200NL to make Supernova Elite by the end of the year and started two weeks ago with like 400k VPPs.I guess with all the incentives etc he will receive from making SNE it will cover his losses even if he loses the bet (he needs to make SNE by Dec. 31st and show a profit) as long as he loses less than 300 BIs as well.Well, he's on pace for a few things...badstartfw3.png
60 buy ins... Ouch.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($49.70)Hero (BB) ($52.60)UTG ($55.90)MP ($79.10)CO ($82.15)Button ($51.15)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 :qh, 7 :3hUTG raises to $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50Flop: ($6) 7 :club:, 4 :ts, 3 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $4, 1 fold, Hero calls $4Turn: ($14) 10 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12River: ($38) 7 :D(2 players)Hero bets $15, UTG calls $15Total pot: $68 | Rake: $3Results in white below: Hero had 7 :qh, 7 :D (four of a kind, sevens).UTG mucked J :D, Q :4h (flush, Queen high).Outcome: Hero won $65Is this a decent way to play this?.. I put him on 10's to AA's or AK w/ a diamond.. Didn't really put him on a flush, not sure if I should have. He's a 23/18(167hands). How would you have played it?

Is this a decent way to play this?.. I put him on 10's to AA's or AK w/ a diamond.. Didn't really put him on a flush, not sure if I should have. He's a 23/18(167hands). How would you have played it?
As played, I think you should be a little more greedy on the river. The villain has to consider the possibility that you're bluffing with a diamond or blocking with something he beats.None of those hands you put in his range are going to raise the river for you. The hero has to make the pot big himself.

Thanks BaseJester... I was thinking the same.. I guess I should have told myself how much I would call in that situation, considering we play w/ about the same stats.Giggidy, Do you think I should lay it down if he reraises dramatically if I would have raised?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comSB ($49.70)Hero (BB) ($52.60)UTG ($55.90)MP ($79.10)CO ($82.15)Button ($51.15)Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 :qh, 7 :3hUTG raises to $2, 3 folds, SB calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50Flop: ($6) 7 :club:, 4 :ts, 3 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, UTG bets $4, 1 fold, Hero calls $4Turn: ($14) 10 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12River: ($38) 7 :D(2 players)Hero bets $15, UTG calls $15Total pot: $68 | Rake: $3Results in white below: Hero had 7 :qh, 7 :D (four of a kind, sevens).UTG mucked J :D, Q :4h (flush, Queen high).Outcome: Hero won $65Is this a decent way to play this?.. I put him on 10's to AA's or AK w/ a diamond.. Didn't really put him on a flush, not sure if I should have. He's a 23/18(167hands). How would you have played it?
I think that's a really terrible way to play it, i'm c/r this flop all day long, check calling two streets on this board texture is awful 100BBs deep imo,