Tim Hardaway Hates Gays!

For example, my use of the word "fag". Does that mean I hate gays or disapprove of their lifestyle? No.
Does that mean it's ok to throw the word around as an insult?
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'll be interesting to see if the same guilt ridden white guys that were offended by Daniel's video blog will be offended by this.
How exactly are these 2 situations the same?One was a comedic skit, and the other is someone flat out saying he hates a certain group of people.
He has a right to hate whoever he wants, whether they are gay, straight, blue, or purple.Why are his views autmatically considered terrible and wrong?Seriously, stop whining everyone. You disagree, fine. But when you start hating him for his views you just became exactly what you hated in the first place.
You have a point, i guess.
Does that mean it's ok to throw the word around as an insult?
Well, no, not really. Does using the word "gay" to describe something silly count? Part of the issue is where do we draw the line on what is acceptable and what is not? Everyone has different ideas on this. In any case, you are right to question such things.
You have a point, i guess.Well, no, not really. Does using the word "gay" to describe something silly count? Part of the issue is where do we draw the line on what is acceptable and what is not? Everyone has different ideas on this. In any case, you are right to question such things.
I pretty much call everything gay.I've actually done it in front of a gay friend I work with. I didn't mean to, but it just comes out. He didn't even react to it. Not sure what this has to do with anything, but thought i'd throw it out there.
i don't agree with what he said...he just stated what most people think!
wrong. he stated what most ignorant old people in middle america think.
I don't know any,if i do they hide it well !
you probably do. :club:---------------------------------------------i don't hate hardaway. he has his own opinion. he sleeps in his own bed.

A better question is, why is Tim Hardaway's opinion even relevant at all? To be totally honest I could care less if John Ameichi is gay. I couldn't figure out which I cared less about this dude being gay or Anna Nicole Smith dying. Neither one are news worthy if you ask me.

You have a point, i guess.Well, no, not really. Does using the word "gay" to describe something silly count? Part of the issue is where do we draw the line on what is acceptable and what is not? Everyone has different ideas on this. In any case, you are right to question such things.
Well what determines it, there must be an objective answer, if I nor any of the people I associate with has any problem with me using the 'n' word does that mean that it is alright to do?What standard are people held to as far as not offending people in a public setting, if there is a chance that your words could be offensive to someone around yuo in a public setting (say a workplace) should you be obligated not to use language that might be found offensive to some.Or is it not a matter of someone 'finding' something to be offensive but more about what the connotations of a given word choice is? If 'fag' is a derrogatory word to describe homosexuals then isn't it inherently wrong for you to use that word in a condescending, albeit joking, manner towards one of your friends, regarless of the setting?I once called a kid a 'fag' in a beer bong game at a party not knowing he was gay while most everyone else did and being that i'm fairly loud when i talk, when i said it the room when dead silent and the kid left immediately in embarrassment. Needless to say I was then embarrassed and had to go find him and apologize. This combined with a lady-friend who was offended by the usage of that terminology has led me to remove it from my vocabulary. Now my perception of someone who i hear use the word is that they are ignorant and dumb, not that that is necessarily true, that's just my first reaction.

I find it funny that a black guy comes out and says he hates gays, and it is "ok" that he is entitled to his opinion. He is allowed to hate gays.If a white guy comes out and says he hates blacks, then he is publicly persecuted forever and is a racist. He is not allowed to hate blacks.Nice double standard?I'm confident that Hardaway hates white people too. Do I care? Not really, but I wanted to point that out.

wrong. he stated what most ignorant old people in middle america think.you probably do. :club:
This middle america stuff is ridiculous. I live in Kansas and we arent backwards hicks that hate gays. Say what you want about "ignorant old people" but those are the same people that raised me to be nice to others regardless of what color or sexual orientation someone is. Your stereotype of middle america is just as bad as stereotyping any group in the country.
I find it funny that a black guy comes out and says he hates gays, and it is "ok" that he is entitled to his opinion. He is allowed to hate gays.If a white guy comes out and says he hates blacks, then he is publicly persecuted forever and is a racist. He is not allowed to hate blacks.Nice double standard?I'm confident that Hardaway hates white people too. Do I care? Not really, but I wanted to point that out.
This reminds me, does anyone know the current estimate on when white folk will be the minority? I need to practice, "Because I'm white officer?" Its not quite ready yet.
This reminds me, does anyone know the current estimate on when white folk will be the minority? I need to practice, "Because I'm white officer?" Its not quite ready yet.
i get what you're saying, but you're a little off topic.CBASS was pointing out that there is a double standard with regards to ignorant hate. society accepts (or is slightly more accepting) that you can ignorantly hate this group, but if you ignorantly hate this group you deserved to be castrated.

John Amaechi Comes Out As Former NBA PlayerFebruary 15, 2007STOCKPORT, ENGLAND—British homosexual John Amaechi sent shockwaves throughout the sporting world last week when he announced, much to the surprise of his family and friends—in addition to NBA players and fans—that he lived a double life for five years in which he secretly worked as a professional basketball player."It was difficult living with this secret," said Amaechi, who in his new autobiography Man In The Middle reveals that he played in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Orlando Magic, and perhaps most shockingly, the New York Knicks. "I loved it and hated it at the same time. And I was afraid that if I ever acted on some of my impulses, like say by requesting more playing time, that I would have ultimately embarrassed myself and everyone close to me.""Now, it's like a tremendous weight has been lifted," Amaechi added, stating that although he still feels a certain shame about his furtive involvement in the often shadowy world of professional basketball, it has been a great relief to finally be able to speak openly about his professional life.According to Amaechi, who spent most of his NBA career on the bench and only averaged six points and two rebounds per game, he knew at an early age that he was different from all the "normal players" when he went undrafted out of college, was unnoticed during his first season in which he only played 28 games, and was never involved with guns, drugs, or shifty agents. Amaechi claims he never once had the urge to record a sub-par rap album.Furthermore, no matter where Amaechi played, he always felt "awkward and out of place" on the court, adding that he was "never really certain if [he] was a center or a power forward.""I had no idea," former Cavaliers teammate Terrell Brandon said. "Sure, I saw John around the Cavaliers, but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. He was tall, yeah, but he didn't look like a basketball player. He didn't act like a basketball player. And just because he hung around with a lot of basketball players and sometimes wore flashy jewelry, that didn't necessarily mean he was one, y'know?""Oh, please—I knew it all along," former Jazz teammate John Stockton said. "I mean, just look at the way he dressed—basketball jersey, mesh shorts, sneakers… There was, in my opinion, no doubt that he was, at least a little bit. Just because he was homosexual doesn't mean he couldn't be a basketball player."In his book, Amaechi states that he even hid his occupation from his parents because he "came from a traditional British household" and his parents would not have approved of their son being an NBA player. Amaechi admits he was constantly worried during the Jazz's nationally televised playoff series with the Sacramento Kings in 2002, because cameras panning over to the bench could have revealed to his family and friends at home that he was in the NBA."The last thing you want is for them to find out that way," said Amaechi, who claims his parents have been "very supportive and accepting, although they don't understand why someone would want that kind of life.""I think Coach [Jerry Sloan] knew," said Amaechi, adding that Sloan treated him differently than his teammates, most of whom played significantly more minutes. "And, I am sure that some of the diehard fans, the ones who came to every game and stayed even when we were getting blown out, I think they knew.""But what hurt the most was that I didn't feel comfortable around my own teammates," he added. "And if I had told them I was a basketball player, I don't think they would have accepted it, or even believed it."The response to Amaechi's announcement around the league has ranged from complete indifference to unconditional support."I can't believe I showered with that guy," said former Jazz teammate Karl Malone, who played with Amaechi for two seasons. "I mean, it's just weird. I really think I would have remembered something like that.""Good for him," said Houston Rockets shooting guard Tracy McGrady, who played with Amaechi when he was on the Orlando Magic. "You know, I wish he would have come out earlier. Like in the third quarter of some games. Maybe he wasn't the best gay basketball player I've ever seen, but we could have used another big man in the lineup."Though he refused to name names, Amaechi said that he knows other men out there who, unsuspected by the world, are also living secret lives as professional basketball players."I just hope my new book will inspire them to come out when they retire," Amaechi added. "Despite the way we're portrayed in the media, and in spite of the way we're treated by the world at large, being an NBA player is nothing to be ashamed of

Well what determines it, there must be an objective answer, if I nor any of the people I associate with has any problem with me using the 'n' word does that mean that it is alright to do?What standard are people held to as far as not offending people in a public setting, if there is a chance that your words could be offensive to someone around yuo in a public setting (say a workplace) should you be obligated not to use language that might be found offensive to some.Or is it not a matter of someone 'finding' something to be offensive but more about what the connotations of a given word choice is? If 'fag' is a derrogatory word to describe homosexuals then isn't it inherently wrong for you to use that word in a condescending, albeit joking, manner towards one of your friends, regarless of the setting?I once called a kid a 'fag' in a beer bong game at a party not knowing he was gay while most everyone else did and being that i'm fairly loud when i talk, when i said it the room when dead silent and the kid left immediately in embarrassment. Needless to say I was then embarrassed and had to go find him and apologize. This combined with a lady-friend who was offended by the usage of that terminology has led me to remove it from my vocabulary. Now my perception of someone who i hear use the word is that they are ignorant and dumb, not that that is necessarily true, that's just my first reaction.
Well, there you go, then! A specific PERSONAL experience where you said some that was inappropriate for the company you were keeping that caused some embarassment and offense. Within that context, and many others, saying the word "fag" is not OK. Having been touched by such an incident, I can totally understand why you might find offense in others abusing that word. On the other hand, it's really just a word and also is slang for a cigarette and a small stack of wood. Oversensitivity is going to kill us all, but there's no way I'm disagreeing with you about the potential for harm in using derogatory comments.
I hate Hardaways. All of them.About the N word. Everyone realises that it's derived from the Latin word "niger", hence the Spanish word "negro", meaning black? However, the context in which it was used and abused is, of course, slavery, which is a highly objectionable practice. This, along with centuries of abuse and denial of rights, both of which continues through this day, has caused the N word to be replete with negative connotations. Current appropriations of the word by white suburban youths, in the guise of "fitting in", simply adds to the negativity. Anyway, interesting debate. I'm having fun.Edit: huge rofl at FileError's post...

Now I personally have no problem with people of different race, religion, culture, socioeconomic background, or sexual orientation. However, this is America, we are free to have our views as we wish. I think it is pretty ridiculous to get angry at what you feel are close-minded comments just because he doesn't necessarily agree with other peoples' ideas and preferences. Am I closed-minded because I think what Hitler did was terrible and wrong? To me, this is on some scale, very similar. Tim Hardaway simply is expressing his opinion about homosexuality. Some people think it's a good idea, or at least that there's nothing wrong with it. Apparently the Nazis didn't feel Hitler was doing much wrong either, but it doesn't make them right or give them the power to judge others. He hates gays--there are worse things in life, and frankly, it's not his job to tolerate or put up with homosexuality. Before you think I'm seriously comparing the Holocaust to views on homosexuality, I don't mean to downgrade or seem insensitive to the tragedy that occured years ago. I just felt it served as a good exaggerated example of morality, and what we opine ultimately doesn't matter. Tim Hardaway can hate gays all he wants, but as long as he is just speaking and not acting on those hateful thoughts, I see nothing wrong with him expressing his beliefs. This too is just my opinion, you may disagree wholeheartedly, and wholeheartedly I don't much care, since this is what I believe. But when you attack people for having a belief structure different than yours, you are the one who is becoming close-minded.

Now I personally have no problem with people of different race, religion, culture, socioeconomic background, or sexual orientation. However, this is America, we are free to have our views as we wish. I think it is pretty ridiculous to get angry at what you feel are close-minded comments just because he doesn't necessarily agree with other peoples' ideas and preferences. Am I closed-minded because I think what Hitler did was terrible and wrong? To me, this is on some scale, very similar. Tim Hardaway simply is expressing his opinion about homosexuality. Some people think it's a good idea, or at least that there's nothing wrong with it. Apparently the Nazis didn't feel Hitler was doing much wrong either, but it doesn't make them right or give them the power to judge others. He hates gays--there are worse things in life, and frankly, it's not his job to tolerate or put up with homosexuality. Before you think I'm seriously comparing the Holocaust to views on homosexuality, I don't mean to downgrade or seem insensitive to the tragedy that occured years ago. I just felt it served as a good exaggerated example of morality, and what we opine ultimately doesn't matter. Tim Hardaway can hate gays all he wants, but as long as he is just speaking and not acting on those hateful thoughts, I see nothing wrong with him expressing his beliefs. This too is just my opinion, you may disagree wholeheartedly, and wholeheartedly I don't much care, since this is what I believe. But when you attack people for having a belief structure different than yours, you are the one who is becoming close-minded.
I hate people who don't use paragraphs.I have read nothing...my bigotry won't allow for it.
What's the next step? Putting gays in ghettos? Putting a tattoo on them that denotes them as gay? Herding them onto trains and shipped off to a camp? Group showers where no one comes out alive?No, wait. you're right. Expressing hatred for an alternative way of life is perfectly justified. Silly me.
I love how people don't want to group or generalize people or groups.People are diverse. Diversity is good, but it also means there are differences. Any by the way, differences mean not the same and categories begin to exist.For instance, I am a white, male, protestant, straight, over weight, brwon haired....person. You have the right to like or dislike any of those attributes.We have the right to have an opinion about anything. It is funny how being PC is a selective process. We have to be careful how we talk about repressed "groups" and no recognition of those with beliefs.My point is to separate beliefs from abusive language.
what does diversity have to do with you grouping gays as a different class human? Thats basically what it sounds like. and having the "right to have opinions"... wtf? u can have an opinion even if its against the law, no one can ever stop someone from an opinion. Your views are skewed by what you read
Being Politically Correct is hugely overrated. It's become a huge joke, to me, what with all the soft-pedalling of "views", as if we're all just one step away from a big old world-wide group hug (don't get excited, you fags).For example, my use of the word "fag". Does that mean I hate gays or disapprove of their lifestyle? No. You won't truly get to know how I feel about someone or something until you ask me specofoc questions. Will I answer honestly? Probably and I'm more likely to admit to s shortfall of knowledge on the subject or put a more personal spin on my opinion, rather than saying, for example, "Sunnis are Detroit's best friend, seeing as they all make car bombs".People really need to look at themselves and WHY they feel the way they do. Recognize! It could very well be that Tim Hardaway was taught by his mom that gays are some kind of abomination or maybe he was bum-handled by local clergy when he was a child. We just don't know.What we do know is that he likes to shoot his big ol' chitlin hole off without thinking because he's so ****ing rich he has the impression someone cares about his prejudicial viewpoint.
so if we dont take heart to peoples feelings what do we resort too? A boars head on a stick?If some crazy guy on the corner of the street started talking smack about homosexuals no one would care much, Its the fact that Hardaway is in the spotlight, is in the media, gets paid boat loads, and is looked up too, and admire by lots of kids. STFU and stay positive. If you cant do that, get out of the spotlight.
He has a right to hate whoever he wants, whether they are gay, straight, blue, or purple.Why are his views autmatically considered terrible and wrong?Seriously, stop whining everyone. You disagree, fine. But when you start hating him for his views you just became exactly what you hated in the first place.
I noticed you said gay straight blue or purple... why didnt you say gay straight chinese or black? Maybe because if it was a white man saying he hates blacks, he'd be cast into the shadows of michael richards. Now is that terrible and wrong?